Insanity

SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
Insanity workout

It's pretty much exactly like P90X. Only your not spending money on pull up bars, yoga mats, weights, etc.. your using your only body as the weight and your also plateauing in 60 days. Same with the nutrition plan, etc.. Pretty incredible workout I'm looking at, not to mention saving a lot of money.

This is produced by the same company that created P90X, Beachbody. It's basically P90X, but all cardio. From what I understand, it is meant to whip the s*** out of you and take every ounce of body fat off you that is possible in 60 days. There is less emphasis on the resistance training activities, but from what I can tell, you do do lots of pushups and core work.

I am considering buying this after I finish P90X. My main concern is whether it is sustainable for any considerable period of time. My goal is to get extremely fit, to bulk up a tad, but mostly just to get into really awesome beach/pool shape.

Insanity looks like something to get you into well, insane shape. Just not sure that with my eating and drinking habits, as well as my busy work schedule, whether it is worth putting my body through that if there is any doubt that I can maintain it.

I have definitely read that there are some P90X grads who use Insanity, but I'm not sure it's really meant to be on the same level.

If you get it Ace, I would definitely love to hear how it goes.

here's my view of insanity.

if you want muscle, P90X is the way to go.

if you want to lean up, lose weight and tone, hit Insanity. Insanity will not BUILD muscle as quickly or well as P90X because, like shack said, there's no resistance training. What it will do, is kick the s*** out of you (think plyo every single day) and consequently by the end you'll be in incredible shape - just look more like a runner/swimmer as opposed to looking like john cena.

all depends on your goals.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (MEANS @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 07:10 AM)
a few guys here at work started this about 4 weeks ago, i just started this week, it's pretty tough but i feel better already. I'll keep you posted.

I am thinking of getting it after I finish P90X.

Can you do it in your home? The infomercial looks like they do it in a gym, and perhaps rightfully so, it looks like you're moving around like a wildman...

did the pure cardio yesterday and it should be called pure hell. very tough but i made it through most of it with a few stops for rest here and there, the people on the video couldn't even make it through without resting. i'm feeling better everyday with this program.

yeah so far i think it's worth it, one of my friends at work is a beach body coach so I got the entire deluxe package at a discounted price, but i still think it's a good system and worth it. Now on to week two, then week 3 and i'm off to AZ for some Spring Training!!! Probably going to take the videos with me and try to keep up with it as much as I can while I'm out there.

2 weeks in the books now, took the fit test for the second time yesterday, did much better on all 8 exercises. I didn't lose any weight this past week but the body fat went down another percentage point.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
2 weeks in the books now, took the fit test for the second time yesterday, did much better on all 8 exercises. I didn't lose any weight this past week but the body fat went down another percentage point.

MEANS, are you doing it every day? Or 6 days a week? How long is each workout?

you do it 6 days a week, basically you start with a fit test, you do 8 different exercises (which are in the regular workouts) you try to do as many as you can in 1 minute. every 2 weeks you re-take the fit test.(this is in place of a normal workout)

A basic week would be sun,mon,tues-workouts

wed-recovery workout-sorta Yoga like

thurs&friday-workouts

rest saturday.

So far the first month workouts are around 40 minutes, but each has about 7-10 minutes of stretching within. Last week I did pure Cardio and it was the third time for it and you do abs after that which is about 15 minutes.

Today I am fighting a cold coming on and I might rest. Don't want to be sick for my trip out to Spring Training!

• 1 month later...

Alright! My sister's boyfriend got the Insanity workout yesterday. He was really encouraged about my leanness (despite not working out for 2 weeks now :() and he wants to get his fat ass in shape. Me, him and my sister will be starting this program tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Alright! My sister's boyfriend got the Insanity workout yesterday. He was really encouraged about my leanness (despite not working out for 2 weeks now :() and he wants to get his fat ass in shape. Me, him and my sister will be starting this program tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

Awesome, Gerry!

Keep me posted on what you think!

I am looking for other things to do now that I have gone through P90X.

Finished the 1st workout.. and ya.. it's as insane as it's name suggest, and that was just the friggin fit test.. :o

I'm eager but also not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm kinda disappointed in myself for not pushing that extra mile for completing certain exercises, but it is always good to workout with your buddy and sis to get that extra motivation. BTW, the chick, while hot.. pisses me off cause she is such a beast in the workouts.

Day 4 of Insanity completed. I hate Shawn T. but man I'm surprised I'm holding my own a bit here. Still not close to those people on that tape in good shape, and quite frankly I hate them all, but they are doing their thang, and I've improved each day. (thank god today was a stretch-type workout only) Far surpassed my friend and sis, though my sis has been doing very well herself. Very disappointed in my friend though to be fair, he's in the worst shape of the three of us. Day 5 tomorrow. :)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
Day 4 of Insanity completed. I hate Shawn T. but man I'm surprised I'm holding my own a bit here. Still not close to those people on that tape in good shape, and quite frankly I hate them all, but they are doing their thang, and I've improved each day. (thank god today was a stretch-type workout only) Far surpassed my friend and sis, though my sis has been doing very well herself. Very disappointed in my friend though to be fair, he's in the worst shape of the three of us. Day 5 tomorrow. :)

Hey, is there a calendar that I can follow, I only have the workouts and ive just been cherry picking them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Hey, is there a calendar that I can follow, I only have the workouts and ive just been cherry picking them.

Ya it came with the dvd my friend bought. Means mentioned his earlier in this thread, but I'm following it on the calender I have. PM me a bit later and I'll tell you what workouts you do on each day. Sunday is the rest day so I know Means is doing his a bit different.