4/20 games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
Nathan Jones with another very solid outing...

6 2/3 innings; 1 run on 3 hits; 5K's and 1BB.

So far on the season, in 16 1/3 innings, he has 17K's and 4 BB's.

If he can get down to a walk every 4+ innings, he will fly through the minors.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 04:21 AM)
2B Andrew Garcia is looking very sharp early in the season for Winston-Salem.

The switch hitting Garcia, a 2008 21st round draft pick, is hitting .386 (17-44) after 12 games.

If only he was 3 years younger...

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Kannapolis going into extras.

Trayce Thompson currently 2-3, HR, BB, 0 SO.

I am shocked he's hot this early on getting promoted. Maybe something clicked or they tweeked his swing a bit. I love it as he (and Nate Jones) are my two favorite prospects in the entire org.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
He's taking a nice step forward. Hopefully, this promotion was a kick in the pants.

I think he earned the promotion in the first place. Baseball Beginnings sure likes him. They aren't alone. Kid has talent. I'm trying to stay reserved, but man I'm really happy to see this from him.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
I think he earned the promotion in the first place. Baseball Beginnings sure likes him. They aren't alone. Kid has talent. I'm trying to stay reserved, but man I'm really happy to see this from him.

Well I'm not as reserved as I've said numerous times on this board and on futuresox when I registered a while back that he has the highest potential of anyone in organization currently. I'm talking super-star if he puts it all together. It's up to him to realize it of course, but I'm in love with the guy as a prospect. (and Nate Jones)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
Well I'm not as reserved as I've said numerous times on this board and on futuresox when I registered a while back that he has the highest potential of anyone in organization currently. I'm talking super-star if he puts it all together. It's up to him to realize it of course, but I'm in love with the guy as a prospect. (and Nate Jones)

I was very pleased with myself when i got Trayce's autograph in Glendale this spring. This kid has the complete package. We're talking MEGA-tools.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)

The Sox really need to start making more picks similar to the Trayce Thompson one last year (and going over bonus on similarly talented young players later in the draft). For a guy with his talent and ceiling, he signed for $625,000 out of high school.

Paraphrased from BP's FutureShock portion because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to quote paid content.

Trayce Thompson, OF, White Sox (Low-A Kannapolis)

Monday’s stats: 2-for-6, HR (2), R, RBI, 2 BB, K, CS

Thompson was an uncertainty during last year's draft. He was still rather new to baseball. Despite this, his tools and ceiling ranked with the best of the prep prospects. He might have flown under the radar due to his unimpressive high school stats and rawness. The quickness of Trayce's adjustments has been remarkable. He arrived this year with a better approach at the plate, and has been using a much shorter and smoother swing. It's evident from the two home runs in in the previous 3 games that these changes are paying off, and Thompson has considerable explosive potential.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Paraphrased from BP's FutureShock portion because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to quote paid content.

Thompson was an uncertainty during last year's draft. He was still rather new to baseball. Despite this, his tools and ceiling ranked with the best of the prep prospects. He might have flown under the radar due to his unimpressive high school stats and rawness. The quickness of Trayce's adjustments has been remarkable. He arrived this year with a better approach at the plate, and has been using a much shorter and smoother swing. It's evident from the two home runs in in the previous 3 games that these changes are paying off, and Thompson has considerable explosive potential.

:D

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
Kanny wins in 20, Colligan with the game winning double.

Kannapolis' pitching was pretty spectacular last night.

The starter, Terry Doyle, went 7 innings giving up 2 runs on 6 hits; had 7 K's and 1 BB.

Then 5 relievers combined to throw 13 innings of shutout ball... giving up only 4 hits... striking out 9 and walking only 3.

In total... 20 innings... 2 runs on 10 hits... 16 K's and 4 BB's.

Pretty good.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)

Thank you for that. The copying of paid material is not allowed on Soxtalk.