2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread

danman31

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
Oh Lord!! I cannot make the assumtion that he will be released at all, any time soon, at least! If or when he does, though, I will let you all know!

I have Chase projected for Kannapolis, Dubler's not moving up to Winston-Salem in my opinion. I would guess Chase would back up Miguel Gonzalez. So, Dubler needs to go for that to happen.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
I have Chase projected for Kannapolis, Dubler's not moving up to Winston-Salem in my opinion. I would guess Chase would back up Miguel Gonzalez. So, Dubler needs to go for that to happen.

Gonzalez is playing with the AA team in ST so he'll probaly go to a level below that for regular season ..I can't see them playing him that high there and then sending him back to Kanny ...then again, so is Dubler, so you never freaking know!! Chase is playing on the W-S field in ST, with Blanke. One bad thing, though, Chase will more than likely be in Extended AGAIN, this time to work on healing a tear in his arm and a bone spur in his elbow. O'connell is going to extended also and is more than likely going to GF ...could be Bristol again, he isn't sure, but we'll see!! I haven't heard anything about where Blanke will be for sure, but I'm guessing Kanny ..I'll let you guys know everything as soon as I know anything! ..I usually hear from Chase with all the news at around 4:00 ish Pacific time.

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Gonzalez is playing with the AA team in ST so he'll probaly go to a level below that for regular season ..I can't see them playing him that high there and then sending him back to Kanny ...then again, so is Dubler, so you never freaking know!! Chase is playing on the W-S field in ST, with Blanke. One bad thing, though, Chase will more than likely be in Extended AGAIN, this time to work on healing a tear in his arm and a bone spur in his elbow. O'connell is going to extended also and is more than likely going to GF ...could be Bristol again, he isn't sure, but we'll see!! I haven't heard anything about where Blanke will be for sure, but I'm guessing Kanny ..I'll let you guys know everything as soon as I know anything! ..I usually hear from Chase with all the news at around 4:00 ish Pacific time.

Seems like a bad idea to move Gonzalez up since he's so young and struggled in Kanny in 2010. Blanke seems like he could be pushed to High A and skip Low A. I hope Chase doesn't end up being Adam Ricks 2.0, that dude never gets to play. Please do keep bringing the news!

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
Seems like a bad idea to move Gonzalez up since he's so young and struggled in Kanny in 2010. Blanke seems like he could be pushed to High A and skip Low A. I hope Chase doesn't end up being Adam Ricks 2.0, that dude never gets to play. Please do keep bringing the news!

I don't know if it would be a bad idea to move up Gonzalez. Pushing Blanke is risky too. Gonzalez put up similar numbers in rookie ball and he struggled so who knows.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
I don't know if it would be a bad idea to move up Gonzalez. Pushing Blanke is risky too. Gonzalez put up similar numbers in rookie ball and he struggled so who knows.

My thought process for my projection was that it would be better to start him in Kanny. If he were to struggle in W-S, then you'd have to bump him back down. Plus, Blanke did so well and he's older and I thought he might do well to be pushed. Oh well, it's up to the White Sox of course. I still think Wilkins goes to W-S.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
What the hell happened to CJ? He had a good Arizona Fall League in 09, and that was it.

My only theory is that the sudden attention he got after his success up through the 2009 season made him uncomfortable. He preferred flying way under the radar I'm guessing.

HEY GUYSSSS, GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!? ...THAT'S RIGHT ....MORE NEWS!!! :)

Bour will be starting in W-S.

Blanke starting in Kannapolis with Dubler as his back up along with the guy they just converted to catcher, Vera.

AND Gonzalez to extended then on to GF.

What this means for Chase after extended .....I HAVE NO IDEA :/

Edited by IChaseBlackWood

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)

Blanke starting in Kannapolis with Dubler as his back up along with the guy they just converted to catcher, Vera.

Wow, Gonzalez to GF? That seems extreme.

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)

Interesting. Who's backing up Bour then? Adam Ricks?

Edited by JPN366