Final Four

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I've always had a problem with this. Can someone explain to me what aerial coverage from a blimp accomplishes at games that are indoors? You can't see the field and/or fans like you can in some football or baseball stadiums. I mean I know it's a sponsor...but it's just so ridiculously stupid.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
Agreed. I just didn't feel like listing nearly every team that played in the final 4 prior to the last two years with a few exceptions here or there.

For whatever reason, the best teams seem to find ways to lose the last two years more than normal. Look at Kansas and Kentucky last year, they were both WAY more talented than anyone this year but both choked with awful shooting nights. At least with OSU this year you can blame the draw a bit with them drawing Kentucky and UNC in their region, I don't know how teams with that much NBA talent can lose though.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
I was telling my brother the other day that Walker and Mack are probably the only players in this game that would start for any of the teams in the 08 Final 4 or for UNC or Illinois in the championship game from 04-05, Florida in either of their title years, UNC in 09 etc.

It is crazy that teams that lost in the championship game (tOSU...Illinois) would have destroyed the two finalists this year. And it's not like 08 was that long ago. What the hell happened to college basketball?

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 03:27 AM)
It is crazy that teams that lost in the championship game (tOSU...Illinois) would have destroyed the two finalists this year. And it's not like 08 was that long ago. What the hell happened to college basketball?

All the top recruits go to Kentucky? :lolhitting

Fitting end to this season. Worst college basketball season I've ever seen, worst title game I've ever seen. Quite frankly, both teams played like s*** and should be ashamed of themselves. However, UConn just played like run of the mill, reasonable s***. Butler played like a level of s*** that cannot be described in words. A Horizon League team making two title games in a row, even in this era, is still quite amazing. But for them to be up 6 with 19:30 left in the title game, and then just absolutely die like that.....it's more shocking than any of their 10 wins in the last two tournaments.

We either need a two year minimum, back to the days where you can skip college alltogether, or a system like baseball where you have to either go straight out of high school, or wait 3 years. Although, I think there is a JUCO loophole in that system, but you get what I'm trying to say. The system as it is now does no good for the kids, the NBA, or the NCAA, and there is no reason to keep it as is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101