Sox @ Seattle

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Beckham's having a great defensive year. Also, regardless of what Ozzie says, no doubt in my mind he has the best baseball IQ of our starting players.

Agreed. I just wish he got his head out of his ass and just swung the bat freely. No thinking, nothing. Just get up there and swing, just like he did in 2009, when he was, in my mind, the closest thing we ever had to Frank Thomas coming through our system. He was just awesome.

On another note, I believe Alex Rios is waking up. Hopefully its not too late.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Agreed. I just wish he got his head out of his ass and just swung the bat freely. No thinking, nothing. Just get up there and swing, just like he did in 2009, when he was, in my mind, the closest thing we ever had to Frank Thomas coming through our system. He was just awesome.

On another note, I believe Alex Rios is waking up. Hopefully its not too late.

His problem is...he has a legit mechanical problem, and has had it since he was drafted. He has a big timing mechanism step, and that slows him down in responding to a good fastball. If he's perfectly right he takes that fastball hard to RF for a double, but that timing mechanism is why we see him go into these huge slumps.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
Beckham's having a great defensive year. Also, regardless of what Ozzie says, no doubt in my mind he has the best baseball IQ of our starting players.

Regardless of his offensive struggles, Gordon Beckham is my favorite player on this team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:52 AM)
I think this is the last time all season the bottom of the line-up will simultaneously be a combined 9 for 9.

14 hits in 5 2/3.

You could probably go 5 years without seeing this

Gordo is still a franchise player if he can get out of his own way. I worry, however, that Walker is doing more harm than good in this capacity (I have no proof of this of course outside of his pathetic BA over the past 1.5 yrs under him)

And that will drive your manager and pitching coach crazy, Gavin.

Between Jackson and Floyd, two of the most enigmatic talents in the game in one rotation.

That pitch to Kennedy was the definition of center-cut.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
And that will drive your manager and pitching coach crazy, Gavin.

Between Jackson and Floyd, two of the most enigmatic talents in the game in one rotation.

That pitch to Kennedy was the definition of center-cut.

Whichpart, the leadoff walk or pitching over it?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
Did it look to anyone else like Seattle has better pizza than the cell?

Lived 13 years in Seattle and spent many a days at Safeco (also lived in the midwest for 3 years and spent many a day at the cell) and I have to say that Seatown has the best food out of any major league ballpark.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
Did it look to anyone else like Seattle has better pizza than the cell?

I can't speak for the Pizza's, but the Garlic Fries at Safeco are RIDICULOUS. Also, they have Fat Tire on tap. Big bucket of win....

QUOTE (Knackattack @ May 7, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
Lived 13 years in Seattle and spent many a days at Safeco (also lived in the midwest for 3 years and spent many a day at the cell) and I have to say that Seatown has the best food out of any major league ballpark.

It's a worse travesty than our offense that you can't get a solid slice of deep dish at the cell