6/17 GT SOX @ D'Backs - 8:40pm CDT - CSN

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
Real there's no way you trade Floyd as he is only guaranteed starter we have next year. Who knows if Humber blows up rest of the way

being the only guaranteed starter means nothing with KW and Uncle Jerry running the show. would not surprise me at all if Buehrle gets signed to a 2-3 year/9-10$ mil deal, Gavin isnt some mythical key holding the rotation together

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 04:32 AM)
Not since 2008 and that mid-season streak last year. Just not in their DNA. You have to set the tone with that earlier in the season.

Unfortunately, our tone setting was offensive malaise and a collapsing bullpen punctuated with inconsistent defense and a dizzyingly consistent lack of fundamentals execution.

That is a good post. I agree you set the trend early.

You also sell tickets for the summer by playing well in April/May. The Sox just sucked and the casual fan lost total interest in this s*** team.

Well, I see Ozzie is still not fired and we still have Walker teaching people how not to hit when there's RISP, or how to bunt (which is gay as s*** anyway and should be easy), or pretty much anything that would be effective in an offensive capacity (opposite field hits, sac flies, etc.)

Hardest working "coach" in baseball, though (per Ozzie), so more of the same. And by same, I mean losing with a "1" on the scoreboard. We must lead ALL of MLB with that s***.

Go Sox - It's the players, not the coaches, etc.... yeah, right, whatever.

Same ole s*** - I'll check in again in 2 more months to point out the same problems.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
Well, I see Ozzie is still not fired and we still have Walker teaching people how not to hit when there's RISP, or how to bunt (which is gay as s*** anyway and should be easy), or pretty much anything that would be effective in an offensive capacity (opposite field hits, sac flies, etc.)

Hardest working "coach" in baseball, though (per Ozzie), so more of the same. And by same, I mean losing with a "1" on the scoreboard. We must lead ALL of MLB with that s***.

Go Sox - It's the players, not the coaches, etc.... yeah, right, whatever.

Same ole s*** - I'll check in again in 2 more months to point out the same problems.

Replace "Ozzie" with "Gardenhire" and this is what many Twins fans have wrote in the 2nd week of October with the addition of Mauer being a waste of money.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
Real there's no way you trade Floyd as he is only guaranteed starter we have next year. Who knows if Humber blows up rest of the way

If they do deal Floyd then I would assume that more people will be following him out the door in a total cleaning of house, in which case I don't think it matters much WHO is guaranteed to be in the rotation next season..