6/17 GT SOX @ D'Backs - 8:40pm CDT - CSN

knightni

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:50 PM)
So what happens next year.. does Sale make a direct jump into the starting rotation?

If the team is hoping to contend I don't see how he can. If we throw in the towel and rebuild, ok.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:50 PM)
So what happens next year.. does Sale make a direct jump into the starting rotation?

Ha, only if we want to shut him down after 140 innings, while he gets hammered in the meantime. I got grilled for saying Sale NEEDED to be starting in the minors THIS YEAR, but alas, I was in the minority.

It's amazing that there are people that still, to this day, think that Ozzie is a good in game manager.

Pretty much says it all. It takes a person with little to no knowledge of baseball to think so.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
Ha, only if we want to shut him down after 140 innings, while he gets hammered in the meantime. I got grilled for saying Sale NEEDED to be starting in the minors THIS YEAR, but alas, I was in the minority.

I felt exactly the same. I hate him in the bullpen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 04:48 AM)
If I could ask KW one question it would be what exactly did his big board show his rotation would be in 2012 when he was thinking of making the Hudson trade. Kinda ironic that Dunn was the player we were trying to get.

Dunn is the player we HAD to have -- and he can't even get on the field in NL parks at $14 million.

Against a right-handed pitcher.

That's on KW.

That just bought Juan Pierre another 5-10 more games of starts.

Like the Minnesota series, those early blown opportunities with runners on base and in scoring position in the early innings killed us. Konerko's ball goes out for the 3-2 lead...or Quentin hits a double, totally different story.

But you can say that for 65% of Sox games this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
Out of everyone on the team I think Sale has been my biggest disappointment this year. I was a huge fan but now have doubts about how his stuff will work as a starter.

This is what was bound to happen with him starting the year against the best and not having to earn the spot. Never had the innings to work on a consistent release point and to find his control groove.

Dunn is the player we HAD to have -- and he can't even get on the field in NL parks at $14 million.

Against a right-handed pitcher.

That's on KW.

The guy consistently hits well his entire career. We sign him and all of a sudden he doesn't hit. Yeah, that's KW's fault. :lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
I'm one of 'em, but I still think he should be fired.

Underachieving team.

Can him.

Ozzie's greatest managing was during the 2005 world series...he stayed out of the game's way instead of injecting strategy to let u know he wasn't asleep on the bench

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Out of everyone on the team I think Sale has been my biggest disappointment this year. I was a huge fan but now have doubts about how his stuff will work as a starter.

There's been a lot of disappointments this year. Dunn, of course. I thought Beckham might really have a GOOD year. Pierre...... :unsure: ........

The fact that Greg Walker is still the hitting coach and Ozzie still the manager. The fact that Scotty McCreery won American Idol.