F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 04:58 AM)
BTW, Juan Pierre's OPS is now under .600.

Yep, lost in the drama of this game is the continued struggles of Pierre. I truly feel like his pink slip day is coming soon, and I would point to maybe after next weekend after the Cubs series?? As for the game, someone elsewhere said to not let losses bother you until this team is .500. Pretty good philosophy

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
Teahen is just not a good option out there on the field. He really isn't, no matter where you put him. And that's not a good label for a guy whose supposed value is his "versatility" in the field. The error here in this inning is clearly on Alexei, but we all know that a good first baseman probably picks that one. Ugh.

It was a tough hop, not a short hop. A very good first baseman might make that play.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
Yep, lost in the drama of this game is the continued struggles of Pierre. I truly feel like his pink slip day is coming soon, and I would point to maybe after next weekend after the Cubs series?? As for the game, someone elsewhere said to not let losses bother you until this team is .500. Pretty good philosophy

Pink slip isn't coming anytime soon

But when the division winner is gonna win like 85 games, it's so hard to. If the Indians were still playing .600 ball, I would have turned off this game hours ago. Alas, we are still right there in this horrible division.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
4 unearned runs thanks to that brainless play from our "gold glove" SS

This is where the Sox meet epic fail when it comes to being a good team. When one wets the bed they all do. They need to overcome mistake.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:58 PM)
BTW, Juan Pierre's OPS is now under .600.

From wikipedia

Bill James, in his essay titled "The 96 Families of Hitters" [4] uses seven different categories for classification by OPS:

Great-----------.9000 and Above A

Moderate--------.8333 to .8999 B

Above Average---.7667 to .8333 C

Average---------.7000 to .7666 D

Below Average---.6334 to .6999 E

Terrible--------.5667 to .6333 F

Atrocious-------.5666 and Lower G

The Sox need to start finding ways to win extra inning games at home. I believe we've only won one all season at home? 1-4 or 5 maybe? Still amazes me that we're not that far out of first, so hopefully we keep our interleague streak alive tomorrow and Sunday.

I think the combination of Juan not making some sort of amazing turn around before the end of that Cubs' weekend (somewhat unlikely, at this point), coupled with the Viciedo bypassing his year of eligibility for free agency by being brought up so late in the season, makes your prediction of Pierre's demise that much more realistic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
Any of the stat guys still up? What's the fewest walks in a year for someone with say, 300 at bats?

It should come as no surprise that the fewest walks for someone with 150 games is Ozzie Guillen with 10.

Not exactly what you asked for, but hilarious nonetheless.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_wk1.shtml

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 06:07 AM)
It should come as no surprise that the fewest walks for someone with 150 games is Ozzie Guillen with 10.

Not exactly what you asked for, but hilarious nonetheless.

Morel would shatter that

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 06:10 AM)
nothing lost nothing gained in the division

Danks better go 7 tomorrow. I gotta give Washington credit, this seems to be a strong lineup they're building. Whole lot of power