Speigel vs Cowley on WSCR

Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
LOL

Only a Guillen would take the exact opposite from the situation. Everyone seems to think Cowley got butt raped, to put it lightly.

But you have to admit too, Soxtalk is the last place anything involving Cowley could be judged fairly.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
The whole thing was a draw, IMO. The winner was the one you agree with. Both made valid points, and both sounded like irrational idiots. Nobody was going to be swayed by that whole little bit.

Most likely the case as always with these things. Waiting for podcast.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
Spiegal comes off as a goof. Basically blaming Cowley for reporting what he knows.

Actually I agree with this. Although I have to admit living overseas I am not nearly as close to it as the majority of this board. But I didn't really see much of an issue that Cowley was saying there, if it's true that KW doesn't talk to him and the only way for him to get the story is to get info from Ozzie and others in the locker room.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
Not much of a Speigel fan at all really much to do about nothing!

Ha, did you mean Much Ado about Nothing? Oh, Shakespeare..

I will be listening to this podcast in a bit, but I love that Cowley got put in his place (by most accounts). The guy is a major douche.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
Actually I agree with this. Although I have to admit living overseas I am not nearly as close to it as the majority of this board. But I didn't really see much of an issue that Cowley was saying there, if it's true that KW doesn't talk to him and the only way for him to get the story is to get info from Ozzie and others in the locker room.

The problem comes in presenting Ozzie's side of the story as the only side and as the complete truth and consistently bashing KW with petty personal insults. Just because Ozzie is your only source doesn't mean you need to parrot everything he says uncritically.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
The problem comes in presenting Ozzie's side of the story as the only side and as the complete truth and consistently bashing KW with petty personal insults. Just because Ozzie is your only source doesn't mean you need to parrot everything he says uncritically.

And like I said earlier, why would Kenny talk to him when he knows Joe's objective it to run Kenny out of town for Ozzie? He flat out stated Ozzie wants him gone, Joe gives Kenny the 90-10 blame for what's gone on between them... Connecting the dots isn't difficult despite Joe's protests.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)

It also does not mean it's untrue. According to Cowley, other reporters know what's going on and won't report it because they need Williams as a source. That would not surprise me at all.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
It also does not mean it's untrue. According to Cowley, other reporters know what's going on and won't report it because they need Williams as a source. That would not surprise me at all.

That also doesn't make any sense. Don't they need Ozzie more as a source since they talk to him every day? Why would they write negatives about Oz then?