2013 TV Thread

knightni

For whatever reason ABC is burning off their remaining episodes of Happy Endings (Their funniest comedy IMO) on sunday nights as well as their usual night.

Lance Briggs was in last night's episode......

maybe TBS can pick this show up as ABC is acting like they are done with it.....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 07:34 AM)
For whatever reason ABC is burning off their remaining episodes of Happy Endings (Their funniest comedy IMO) on sunday nights as well as their usual night.

Lance Briggs was in last night's episode......

maybe TBS can pick this show up as ABC is acting like they are done with it.....

I couldn't get into Happy Endings, fo some reason. I like some of the cast, specifically the women were the funniest, but just didn't click for me.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)
Downton was kinda meh last night. Edith and Ms. Hughes had the only good storylines, the rest were pretty boring and/or retreads. The show needs more Bates.

Question related to something I've been talking about in a class: are you bothered or think about the show any differently knowing that it has been aired overseas and you could likely access this entire season right now instead of waiting for it to roll out weekly?

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
Question related to something I've been talking about in a class: are you bothered or think about the show any differently knowing that it has been aired overseas and you could likely access this entire season right now instead of waiting for it to roll out weekly?

If this is an open question to anyone - I personally am not. I could download if I wanted, but I'm not so obsessed with Downton that I couldn't wait until it aired. Conversely, with the new Arrested Development season, I'm disappointed that all the episodes will be immediately available.

I'd much rather have to wait a week in between each, and get to reflect and have more episodes to look forward to - I'm already disappointed with my future self for burning through 14 brand new episodes of AD in two days. (Of course, I'll then re-watch them 50 times). I just wish I could be forced to delay the gratification on all those episodes.

I don't torrent or any of that stuff (ethical obligation of lawyers!) so i'm not really worried about it. That, and it's not a show i'm dying to see week to week like Steve said. I am a little worried about reading spoilers. I already know of a major event in the show, I just don't know which character it involves. That kinda sucks because I watch the show a little differently.

Steve why the hate for Bates? He was the best character for the first season and a half.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
Steve why the hate for Bates? He was the best character for the first season and a half.

Everyone has their own opinions. I would personally say he's my least favorite character, and the wife agrees. The dude's is just a big b****.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
Everyone has their own opinions. I would personally say he's my least favorite character, and the wife agrees. The dude's is just a big b****.

Yeah, to each his own. I would think Mary would be the worst by far, followed closely by Matthew. But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Bates could have manned up and he wouldn't be where he's at right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Yeah, to each his own. I would think Mary would be the worst by far, followed closely by Matthew. But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Bates could have manned up and he wouldn't be where he's at right now.

Matthew is a pimp.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:37 AM)
Another real solid effort from Justified last night. I don't know about anybody else, but it seems that I rarely watch any shows anymore from Fox/CBS/NBC/ABC. The cable channels are the ones putting out the best programming. F/X and AMC in particular.

Once House was over, Fringe and Castle were the only shows I watch on the basic channels. I might check out The Following on Fox though, also might pick up on Person of Interest.

Edited by onedude

This made me cringe:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/...ng-for-season-3

AMC resurrects 'The Killing' for season 3

Murder mystery series will return with stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman and producer Veena Sud

BY ALAN SEPINWALL TUESDAY, JAN 15, 2013 4:19 PM

Because someone, somewhere, demanded it, "The Killing" lives.

Back in July, AMC declined to order a third season of the mystery series, and though Fox Television Studios insisted they would seek another buyer for the series, instead it's returned to its original home, with original showrunner Veena Sud still in charge, and stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman reprising their roles as Seattle cops Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder. Production will begin in Vancouver in late February.

“‘The Killing’ from day one has been a truly original take on the crime drama. Veena Sud and the rest of the talented creative team are hard at work shaping the lives of Linden and Holder, portrayed by the terrific Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman," AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement. "We're so pleased to welcome back 'The Killing' for another season."

“I couldn’t be happier to know that I will be returning to work with AMC, FTVS and Mireille and Joel on what is and has always been a passion project for me," Sud said in the same statement. "To the fans that have supported the series, thank you for doing so. My team and I will work hard to deliver the best story that we can for season three.”

The second season ended with Linden seemingly walking away from her job after closing the Rosie Larsen case. The new season will pick up a year later, with Holder asking for his ex-partner's help when a missing persons case winds up connecting to one of Linden's old investigations. Wisely recalling the objections to the end of the first season, the press release says unequivocally that the case "will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes."

Reports of the series' possible revival have been going around for months, but most of them were tied to AMC's inability to find a new showrunner for "Hell on Wheels," creating a possible hole in the schedule. At one point, there were even talks with Netflix about sharing the production costs, akin to the deal NBC made with DirecTV for the final seasons of "Friday Night Lights." But "Hell on Wheels" got a new producer back in December, and Netflix doesn't seem to be involved in this new arrangement. UPDATE: Or, rather, that part of the deal may still be in the works, but not be finalized yet. Per an FTVS rep, "Netflix is not involved in this particular announcement. If and when we have something additional to announce concerning Netflix, we would do it at that time."

AMC just can't quit "The Killing," it seems. But with Sud still in charge — even if the second season was a marginal improvement over the first — I'm okay with the idea that it ended with the arrest of Rosie's killer.

What does everyone else think? Are you excited for more rain and more red herrings? Do you think that being freed of the baggage of the Larsen case — and all the bad creative decisions made in chronicling it — might improve the show significantly?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Person of Interest is a pretty solid show. If you are going to watch it, Id try and get the early episodes because it actually builds up.

One of the most important dynamics is explained early on.

I do that with every show. Haven't seen person at all...if I do it will be from the beginning. Ex girlfriend was trying to get me to watch SoA from season 4 and I couldn't get into it, show really didn't seem that good from the episodes I watched...which is keeping me from watching from beginning.