2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Person of Interest is a pretty solid show. If you are going to watch it, Id try and get the early episodes because it actually builds up.

One of the most important dynamics is explained early on.

Person of Interest is pretty solid. Probably my favorite show on ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX right now, as Criminal Minds has fallen off somewhat.

Great premiere for Shameless on Sunday. "19!"

Justified was good again last night. Yesterday Oswalt tweeted he wouldn't be on last night's episode, but I know he'll be in future episodes.

Anyone else going to watch the Kroll Show series premiere on Comedy Central tonight? It's Nick Kroll, who plays Ruxin in the League. I have no idea what it's about or what its style is, but I like Nick Kroll so I figure I'll give it a shot. 9:30 central time.

Edited by farmteam

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
DirecTV Genie Review

I thought this could be applicable given conversations around these here parts recently.

Wish I could get Directv. I've got trees blocking the signal (so they say). Living in the area I do, there are no major cable providers so I'm stuck with Dish Network which sucks balls.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
DirecTV Genie Review

I thought this could be applicable given conversations around these here parts recently.

I love me some DirecTV. The only problem is that if the weather is legitimately bad (ie, heavy rain or snow), the picture will go out. Usually not for too long, but it happens. I had to go watch the Bears-Vikings game at a bar because my signal was out.

EDIT: Despite that issue, it's still 1000x better than Comcast.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 12:43 PM)
I love me some DirecTV. The only problem is that if the weather is legitimately bad (ie, heavy rain or snow), the picture will go out. Usually not for too long, but it happens. I had to go watch the Bears-Vikings game at a bar because my signal was out.

EDIT: Despite that issue, it's still 1000x better than Comcast.

You know what is weird, I live in sleepy hollow in a heavily wooded area, and I very rarely have outages. And when I do, if I switch to the non-hd channels, they usually are unaffected.

The only time I get any problems is at the very beginning or very end of a storm, depending on which way it is going.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
You know what is weird, I live in sleepy hollow in a heavily wooded area, and I very rarely have outages. And when I do, if I switch to the non-hd channels, they usually are unaffected.

The only time I get any problems is at the very beginning or very end of a storm, depending on which way it is going.

Yeah, it usually happens in a particularly bad storm, and you're right that it's at the beginning mostly. It doesn't even happen that often, at most once or twice a month. Just seems to be at the most inopportune times (ie, at 11:45 when the Bears game starts at 12).

For reference, I live in the opposite of a heavily wooded area -- the middle of Minneapolis.

I'll have to try that SD thing.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)

This has always worked for me as well.

New episode of Archer tonight. Any other Archer fans here?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
I live in the city and every once in a while a hd channel will go out but the sd still works. So its a good trick to try for anyone who is having a problem with a certain station.

I'd rather miss a show than watch SD.

And if it's a Bears game, I'd rather hit the closest bar for the HD than stay at home and watch SD.

F*ck SD.

Disclaimer: I did watch like 10 minutes of Jackass in SD last night, but Jackass is so great it doesn't apply to rules.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
I'd rather miss a show than watch SD.

And if it's a Bears game, I'd rather hit the closest bar for the HD than stay at home and watch SD.

F*ck SD.

Disclaimer: I did watch like 10 minutes of Jackass in SD last night, but Jackass is so great it doesn't apply to rules.

Of course SD isnt preferable, but when it is storming I usually dont want to go out to a bar to watch a game. Or, at night before bed. But the DVR always helps mitigate it as well

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
I never watched Archer, but I'm an H. Jon Benjamin fan. Is it a serial, or can you just jump in?

It has some continuity to it but its not really necessary to watch the previous seasons to enjoy it. The episodes can be watched individually just fine.