2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
I've only watched a handful of Archer episodes. Why is everyone yelling all of the time?

Because they're all idiots and it's great.

Suits premiered last night as well, need to go back and watch both.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
I never watched Archer, but I'm an H. Jon Benjamin fan. Is it a serial, or can you just jump in?

Then you'll love the season 4 premiere.

Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix, I'd imagine season 3 will be on there shortly. You gotta start at the beginning though to get 75% of the jokes/references/mannerisms of the characters that make the show great.

Sigh. Fringe is over. =(

It didn't end quite like I thought it would but it ended better than some recent shows (I'm looking at YOU LOST!!!)

I've watched it from the beginning and i will admit that i teared up a bit a couple of times with Peter and Walter saying good byes.

Peter mouthing "i love you dad" was a very nice touch as was the ending.

I guess now I'm stuck with Shark Tank on Friday nights before work....

Edited by juddling

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 10:22 PM)
Yeah I think I would have preferred the fairytale ending.

Although I think they try and leave you with some hope with the card triggering perhaps Peter's memory.

How is that not the fairytale ending? I'd say it was pretty clear cut.

Both episodes tonight were entertaining and some of the best stuff they've had in a while. Fringe got a bit too wacky at parts and the Observer world I think could have been done better overall.

Still, I loved that show and recommend it to anyone.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 06:39 AM)
So they REALLY want us to despise Frank on SHAMELESS. Yikes.

He has been a special kind of asshole this season. Debs beating him with the sack of soap was awesome

Does anyone know why Kev has a broken leg? Is it something real that was written in? Because I cannot remember anything happening to him last season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:37 AM)
He has been a special kind of asshole this season. Debs beating him with the sack of soap was awesome

Does anyone know why Kev has a broken leg? Is it something real that was written in? Because I cannot remember anything happening to him last season.

I think the broken leg must have been written in. I don't remember anything happening last season. I could be wrong, though.

Yeah, Frank is about as low as they come now. The whole scene that ended with Debs beating him with the soap was outstanding. Fiona's reaction to Debs' flipping out was very real. The one person who still loved him now hated him, too.

Shameless continues to be one of the best shows on TV.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:09 PM)
Following = Good

Pretty excited about where this is going. I wont say anything to avoid any sort of spoiler but looks like an interesting crime drama.

About to give it a shot. I'm cynical of network television so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
I think the broken leg must have been written in. I don't remember anything happening last season. I could be wrong, though.

Yeah, Frank is about as low as they come now. The whole scene that ended with Debs beating him with the soap was outstanding. Fiona's reaction to Debs' flipping out was very real. The one person who still loved him now hated him, too.

Shameless continues to be one of the best shows on TV.

I know one of the people at the bar asked Kev about the leg, but I can't remember what Kev said in response.

Debs hitting with the soap was as disturbing as it was hilarious. The family, and Frank especially, are so f***ed up.

I also liked this exchange: "We're illegal immigrants, how can you charge less than us?" "White's the new brown."

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:09 PM)
Following = Good

Pretty excited about where this is going. I wont say anything to avoid any sort of spoiler but looks like an interesting crime drama.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 08:24 PM)
I really enjoyed The Following

Strong pilot. I like what I've seen so far.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 07:00 AM)
One of the better pilots in a long time. I hope the rest of the episodes can maintain the suspense.

I kinda disagree, both me and my wife found the plotline/setup to be somewhat predictable here. I'm going to keep watching to see where they go with it, but everything except for the very last twist at the end, I had beforehand.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:47 AM)
Downton Abbey is the most consistently-entertaining program on television.

Really? I thought this last week was the worst of the entire series. Nothing happened. I'm not even sure there was a story arc in there. Tom burning down a house and leaving his pregnant wife to run away by herself? Bates doing something in the prison resulting in him getting his letters back (I seriously have no idea what happened there or why - why was his mail messed with all of a sudden? why did screwing with his cellmate fix that problem? So confused.)? A new footman and kitchen maid?

I'm a little disappointed so far this season. I expected the Bates/Anna story to drag, but not this much. I thought we'd get into some really good discussions about the aristocracy coming to an end, but other than the not-believable threat of having to leave Downton for a smaller estate, or Tom's not-believable rambling (seriously, his devotion to country is ridiculous), that topic really hasn't been discussed.

Perhaps I was hoping for a bit more than the show could deliver.