2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
Ive never seen Downtin, but I assume the quality of ladies was better on OC.

Whenever I think of Downtin, I just think of a Dr Who episode set in Victorian England. But then I think without Dr Who, what is the point.

Not sure why you would compare it to Dr Who. There are zero similarities between those two shows. It would be like comparing Knight Rider to General Hospital.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 02:53 PM)
Not sure why you would compare it to Dr Who. There are zero similarities between those two shows. It would be like comparing Knight Rider to General Hospital.

Because they are both British shows that are popular in America?

As I said, Ive never seen Abbey, which is why I visualize it as weak Dr. Who.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:06 PM)
Im sure people in great britain see Dexter as a weak CSI

I think its a little different. Dr Who is considered one of the top 5 British tv shows of all time and one of the reasons that British television has become more accepted in the US over the last 10 years.

I have no clue about British television or the viewing habits. I do happen to know that Dr Who and Downton are considered 2 of the best British shows.

So there is a reason I mentioned them, its because they are currently battling for top British Drama.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
I think its a little different. Dr Who is considered one of the top 5 British tv shows of all time and one of the reasons that British television has become more accepted in the US over the last 10 years.

I have no clue about British television or the viewing habits. I do happen to know that Dr Who and Downton are considered 2 of the best British shows.

So there is a reason I mentioned them, its because they are currently battling for top British Drama.

no need for breakdown. it was a joke

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
I do happen to know that Dr Who and Downton are considered 2 of the best British shows.

I have never seen Game of Thrones but I assume it is a weak version of Breaking Bad. These are considered 2 of the best American dramas.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
I have never seen Game of Thrones but I assume it is a weak version of Breaking Bad. These are considered 2 of the best American dramas.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)

Whenever I think of Downtin, I just think of a Dr Who episode set in Victorian England. But then I think without Dr Who, what is the point.

Maybe you are not familiar with Dr Who, but I never said "The entire show" I said "AN EPISODE SET IN VICTORIAN ENGLAND"

Now why did I say that? Is it because there are episodes of Dr Who set in Victorian England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_and_Claw_%28Doctor_Who%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unquiet_Dead

So maybe if you made the comment that "The episode of BB where they were in Westeros reminds me of GOT" you would have some sort of comparison.

Once again, Dr Who actually has episodes that are set in Victorian England.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
Maybe you are not familiar with Dr Who, but I never said "The entire show" I said "AN EPISODE SET IN VICTORIAN ENGLAND"

Now why did I say that? Is it because there are episodes of Dr Who set in Victorian England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_and_Claw_%28Doctor_Who%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unquiet_Dead

So maybe if you made the comment that "The episode of BB where they were in Westeros reminds me of GOT" you would have some sort of comparison.

Once again, Dr Who actually has episodes that are set in Victorian England.

And Knight Rider and General Hospital are both set in California. But I know, you are always right no matter how ignorant of a statement you make. And of course you always need to have the last say so I'll await your dissertation on why you are right and everyone else is always wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
And Knight Rider and General Hospital are both set in California. But I know, you are always right no matter how ignorant of a statement you make. And of course you always need to have the last say so I'll await your dissertation on why you are right and everyone else is always wrong.

How can I be wrong about my own opinion?

You are arguing that sausage pizza is better than pepperoni pizza.

Please explain why I am not entitled to my ignorant uneducated opinion. Right or wrong, its my opinion, and I dont see why you are getting in such a hissy fit about a joke comment.

Im just here to promote Dr Who, which is the superior British tv show.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 01:48 PM)
How can I be wrong about my own opinion?

You are arguing that sausage pizza is better than pepperoni pizza.

Please explain why I am not entitled to my ignorant uneducated opinion. Right or wrong, its my opinion, and I dont see why you are getting in such a hissy fit about a joke comment.

Im just here to promote Dr Who, which is the superior British tv show.

Why I outta!

*shakes fist at screen*

The best British tv show was, is, and always will be Fawlty Towers.

These modern shows suck balls, and if you like them, so do you. Including this dumb ass Downton show...what a steaming pile. Seriously, it's nothing more than the current "I'm cultured" show Americans that like trying to feel superior to everyone else watches, despite knowing it sucks major monkey balls.

Oh, and Breaking Bad is aptly named for a bad show.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 06:05 PM)
The best British tv show was, is, and always will be Fawlty Towers.

These modern shows suck balls, and if you like them, so do you. Including this dumb ass Downton show...what a steaming pile. Seriously, it's nothing more than the current "I'm cultured" show Americans that like trying to feel superior to everyone else watches, despite knowing it sucks major monkey balls.

Oh, and Breaking Bad is aptly named for a bad show.

Disagreed about Breaking Bad.

I've never seen Fawlty Towers, but The IT Crowd has been my favorite, modern British show.

Caught up with the first two episodes of The Following. It's....interesting. Obviously you have to suspend belief and accept the stupidity of the FBI (and the likelihood that the nanny got the job that started the whole thing). But the series has potential, and i've always had a thing for that actress that plays Caroll's ex-wife (check her out in Hung. Yowza).

Justified last night, hot damn! That was a good one.

I laughed out loud when Russell said "Chickens are a great investment" (or something like that) when Raylan was walking away, and Raylan turned around and shot him...just like he said he would.

And the addition of Ron Eldard has been phenomenal.