Chicago and Seattle Tonight

elrockinMT

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)
The rebuilding this year was supposed to be with Erik Johnson pitching, but he forgot how to throw a fastball over 90 mph. What you're seeing on the field right now is less rebuilding, and more just a roster with few impact players. After this road trip, I'm confident there will be some significant changes made.

I've been thinking that there is no reason to call Semien up early, just let Beckham finish the year, maybe something good happens, Semien can use some more AAA bats. With the way this is going, I'm starting to change course. Just might be time to DFA him and let Semien play everyday. It's not even about winning this year, it's just getting ugly.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 02:28 AM)
I've been thinking that there is no reason to call Semien up early, just let Beckham finish the year, maybe something good happens, Semien can use some more AAA bats. With the way this is going, I'm starting to change course. Just might be time to DFA him and let Semien play everyday. It's not even about winning this year, it's just getting ugly.

Someone should be getting the at bats at 2nd besides Beckham or Leury Garcia. Right now, they're just throwing away at bats to players that have no future in this organization and won't get anything back in deals.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
Someone should be getting the at bats at 2nd besides Beckham or Leury Garcia. Right now, they're just throwing away at bats to players that have no future in this organization and won't get anything back in deals.

I still dont understand the reasoning for continuing to play Gordon. He's gone after this year. Its just wasting everyone's time right now.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 03:33 AM)
I still dont understand the reasoning for continuing to play Gordon. He's gone after this year. Its just wasting everyone's time right now.

I'd much rather give Semien the ABs to hopefully let him adjust to MLB pitching so he's ready to go in 2015. Right now, this is a team that looks like they can't wait for the season to be over.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 02:47 AM)
on a 3-1 count Flowers swung at a ball way out of the zone and then on a 3-2 stares at a fastball down the middle of the plate..

And Conor struck out right before that on a pitch a foot off the plate.