ST: 3/12 Split Squads

flavum

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
Great to see Hawkins having a nice spring and showing he belongs. He looks like he's made and is continuing to make the adjustments required of him. This should do wonders for his confidence as he enters AA.

Does anyone have any video of his at-bats from today?

Hawkins cruising along at .467.

Doesn't show any highlights popping up (yet at least) on the MLB.com gameday box.

Why did we sign Cabrera again? (Just kidding, mostly.)

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
Hawkins cruising along at .467.

Doesn't show any highlights popping up (yet at least) on the MLB.com gameday box.

Why did we sign Cabrera again? (Just kidding, mostly.)

I'm thinking that if he has a decent or better season in AA this year we could see him in the bigs for a cup of coffee as early as next season.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
I'm thinking that if he has a decent or better season in AA this year we could see him in the bigs for a cup of coffee as early as next season.

Could be this September, unless the White Sox are in the pennant race.

In that case, he'd be called up probably to just sit on the bench and soak in the experience.

WHO is H.Jones (LF) that got into the game? Justin Jirschele's also in. Okay, it's HUNTER Jones, cool name at least.

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/profile...?P=Hunter-Jones

Hunter Jones made the RED SOX as a pitcher in 2009, was in independent ball last season, has played pretty much every position on the diamond defensively if you look at his player card. 31 years old...

Finally, Lillian will be happy. JUAN DIAZ into da game. Uh-oh, a single just past him, just as he entered the game.

Edited by caulfield12

I would think Hawkins will play AA all season, with the plan to send him to the Arizona Fall League if he's ready. Then Charlotte in 2016, with a September callup, and hopefully a starting job in 2017. That would be best case scenario.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Could be this September, unless the White Sox are in the pennant race.

In that case, he'd be called up probably to just sit on the bench and soak in the experience.

Wow, that'd be something. To think not that long ago he was viewed as having a long way to go to even be a 4th OF at the MLB level due to his contact, plate discipline, and pitch recognition issues.

I was cautiously optimistic after his solid bounce-back year repeating A+ in 2014. Like others have said, not only is he getting results but he looks the part now too. People were commenting on how much more mechanically sound his swing was on that HR to CF a few days ago compared to where his swing was before.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
WHO is H.Jones (LF) that got into the game? Justin Jirschele's also in. Okay, it's HUNTER Jones, cool name at least.

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/profile...?P=Hunter-Jones

Hunter Jones made the RED SOX as a pitcher in 2009, was in independent ball last season, has played pretty much every position on the diamond defensively if you look at his player card. 31 years old...

You're looking at the wrong Hunter Jones.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/p...id=jones-001hun

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
I would think Hawkins will play AA all season, with the plan to send him to the Arizona Fall League if he's ready. Then Charlotte in 2016, with a September callup, and hopefully a starting job in 2017. That would be best case scenario.

That's what I was thinking, but I agree with caulfield12 that it's possible he gets a September call-up this season.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Mar 12, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
Anybody else notice Coleman coaching first and Boston is n the bench? Is this going to be the new thing?

2 games today. Just filling in.

Sox 8th will be May, Barnum, Thompson, Ferrell.