4/15 - White Sox vs Indians

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
Rodon is starting next Wednesday. Calling it now.

Not saying they cant make a run later in the season, but they can't be throwing away games like this 2 out of every 5 games.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (brett05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
But the Sox aren't keeping him down for service time reasons

I have to believe if it didn't matter if he was on the Opening Day roster or called up 2 weeks later, he would be in the rotation right now. The extra year of control in what should be his prime, vs. 2 weeks of rookieness is well worth waiting.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
They have plausible deniability -- but if you think they don't know that keeping him down 3 weeks at any point this season gives them another year of guaranteed control (on a Boras client nonetheless), well, your head is in the sand imo.

Given the number of Boras clients who are good and never see that extra year I'd think not.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:49 PM)
I'm glad you're not Hahn.

Be that as it may, you cannot deny the truth of good Boras clients never seeing that year. Clients usually sign before hand.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
agreed, Danks has done nothing to earn a starting spot

As a 4th starter he just needs to have that 4.5 ERA and work into the 6th and hope our offense can keep pace. Unless he can get that 6ish ERA down, you're right, he doesn't deserve a spot.

But I'm more concerned about the anemic offense so far. Some guys really need to wake the f*** up (hi Melky)

QUOTE (brett05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Be that as it may, you cannot deny the truth of good Boras clients never seeing that year. Clients usually sign before hand.

And the Sox would be foolish to throw away that 7th year leverage for 2 starts in April 2015. Retarded really if we don't care about being PC.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
As a 4th starter he just needs to have that 4.5 ERA and work into the 6th and hope our offense can keep pace. Unless he can get that 6ish ERA down, you're right, he doesn't deserve a spot.

But I'm more concerned about the anemic offense so far. Some guys really need to wake ...up (hi Melky)

It's just about every guy on the roster, not just Melky

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)

But I'm more concerned about the anemic offense so far. Some guys really need to wake the f*** up (hi Melky)

A 4.5 ERA in today's game is awful. Even for a 4th starter.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Is it just me, or is our shifting in the infield always wrong and hitters hit it where they would be playing?

Also, I'm already sick of Micah, bring up Sanchez.

What did he do wrong? He is the wrong skapegoat if you are looking for one

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
And the Sox would be foolish to throw away that 7th year leverage for 2 starts in April 2015. Retarded really if we don't care about being PC.

Again, that leverage really isn't there. Ya can;t win it in April but you can lose it. The Sox have done that more than I care to remember.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
Again, that leverage really isn't there. Ya can;t win it in April but you can lose it. The Sox have done that more than I care to remember.

So for 2 April starts as a rookie, you are willing to trade April, May, June, July, August, September and any postseason starts when he is 28 or 29?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
So for 2 April starts as a rookie, you are willing to trade April, May, June, July, August, September and any postseason starts when he is 28 or 29?

yeah this is a dumb argument.