**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 23, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
It's mentioned in the books, some secret passages that only members of the Night's watch can walk through and such.

Coldhands mentions in the book that he is not allowed to cross beyond the wall.

Related, how is Bran supposed to get anywhere without Hodor? Could this lead to the introduction of Coldhands?

Also, seeing these visions in the show, I can't wait until we get to "see" them in the books now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:45 PM)
Related, how is Bran supposed to get anywhere without Hodor? Could this lead to the introduction of Coldhands?

Mmmmmm

The actor who played Benjen Stark has IMDB credits for the next episode as 'Brother Beyond the Wall'

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 23, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Mmmmmm

The actor who played Benjen Stark has IMDB credits for the next episode as 'Brother Beyond the Wall'

Very interesting. GRRM has specifically said

Benjen

is NOT Coldhands so it might be more likely he just appears as is.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 23, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Very interesting. GRRM has specifically said

Benjen

is NOT Coldhands so it might be more likely he just appears as is.

Probably isn't in the books, but the show has had to consolidate a few storylines already. Probably easier for them to use an existing character to wrap into that storyline than introduce a whole new one.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 23, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
I don't expect Dany to win at the end. If she does beat the White Walkers, then I'd wager she also turns Mad Queen and has to be killed herself.

I buy into the three dragons storyline and Jon and Dany would be two. Not sure who the third would be.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 23, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
I buy into the three dragons storyline and Jon and Dany would be two. Not sure who the third would be.

Some say Tyrion.

Also, what are the odds Brienne is riding into a trap because Baelish lied about the Blackfish retaking Riverrun?

This season has been amazing so far. My only complaint is the Arya storyline is really boring. I know it will play a big part eventually, but right now I'm just not interested in it at all. What I really love is the Iron Islands story. Really interested to see where that goes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 23, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)

One theory I've heard is that Meera is Jon Snow's sister. It's possible she's the third.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
This season has been amazing so far. My only complaint is the Arya storyline is really boring. I know it will play a big part eventually, but right now I'm just not interested in it at all. What I really love is the Iron Islands story. Really interested to see where that goes.

One theory I've heard is that Meera is Jon Snow's sister. It's possible she's the third.

The problem with Arya's storyline is that she's a super interesting character going through practice, no one likes to watch someone practice. I think there is also legitimate concern about how much impact is she really going to have, if she is a Faceless man then she won't really have any part in future wars (well that she can dictate). Probably a future moral dilemma for her but not really a plot mover.

I haven't heard the Meera theory, got any links for good reads?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 23, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)
The problem with Arya's storyline is that she's a super interesting character going through practice, no one likes to watch someone practice. I think there is also legitimate concern about how much impact is she really going to have, if she is a Faceless man then she won't really have any part in future wars (well that she can dictate). Probably a future moral dilemma for her but not really a plot mover.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-throne...-meera-r-l-j-m/

Main evidence is Meera's supposed father, Howland Reed, was with Ned Stark at the Tower of Joy, so it'd make sense that if Lyanna gave birth to a baby girl, Howland would raise her. There's also the fact Meera and Jon look similar. I'm not sure if I buy it, but I do think it has some legs.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 23, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)

Her current storyline in the books was one of my favorites. They just can't really dive into it on the show for lack of time. Just like how short and compact they've made the iron island arc.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-throne...-meera-r-l-j-m/

Main evidence is Meera's supposed father, Howland Reed, was with Ned Stark at the Tower of Joy, so it'd make sense that if Lyanna gave birth to a baby girl, Howland would raise her. There's also the fact Meera and Jon look similar. I'm not sure if I buy it, but I do think it has some legs.

Yeah, that theory is almost exclusively based on the actress who plays Meera. The book descriptions aren't even remotely the same (and if I remember right, Jojen and Meera are described as looking alike in the books), so IMO that theory does not have legs.

that meera is a secret twin theory is one of the dumbest things i've ever read in got-fandom. in the books she looks 100% like her dad, Howland. she's also a greenseer like her brother and her father.

sign me up for that mad queen targ theory. i hope dany dies in the end, she's the f***ing worst. hbo's greatest trick is getting a bunch of east coast liberals to root for a fantasy universe, gender-swapped George W. Bush.

foreign invader with a superior military force (unsullied + dragons) occupies a territory without any understanding of how to rule said territory, muddles their way through an occupation in total incompetence while their force that's totally ill-equipped for police work is sniped / merked from the shadows.

this is even alluded to this season when the whore harpy collaborator is questioned. further feeding the mad queen theory, tyrion has turned to the red priests to create a cult of personality around dany.

Edited by Nixon