**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may or may not have shed a tear or two at that. And f*** you Bran, could've not gone through all that s*** of you just had some patience.

The children creating the nights watch is a heck of a twist, need to digest that.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 22, 2016 -> 11:52 PM)
How did Meera kill a White Walker just seconds after one of the Children of the Forrest failed to do so with a similar spear?

I think Meera got it in the neck, the CotF stabbed into the armor

I just want to see if I got this right. The CotF feared the humans, so they created white walkers, and that quickly spun out of control, so then they created nights watch?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
The first men started chopping down weirwoods so the CotF decided to fight them. Not surprisingly, men were a lot stronger and were winning the war. CotF apparently thought they needed to use blood magic to counter, my guess is that they never really had control over the Night's King and quickly realized they made a mistake. Still interested to see how the wall and everything was built.

Blood magic essentially, some sort of spell or something on the obsidian dagger. Explains why they are susceptible to obsidian.

Wait is nights watch synonymous with white walkers too?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 22, 2016 -> 11:07 PM)
I may or may not have shed a tear or two at that. And f*** you Bran, could've not gone through all that s*** of you just had some patience.

The children creating the nights watch is a heck of a twist, need to digest that.

The Blood Raven could have prevented that with a simple "hey, when we go back to the time the CoF created the white walkers, don't let this guy touch you!"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:05 AM)
I think Meera got it in the neck, the CotF stabbed into the armor

I just want to see if I got this right. The CotF feared the humans, so they created white walkers, and that quickly spun out of control, so then they created nights watch?

According to the interwebs:

Here's where the stories diverge in a bit. In the books, the Children of the Forest teamed up with men against the White Walkers, who were also destroying them. The Night's King was a former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who fell in love with a woman beyond the wall “with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars.” She calls herself The Night's Queen and he declares himself her king, basically creating some questionable demon spawn babies, and sacrificing to White Walkers along the way.

So while Bran understands that Leaf created the White Walkers in the show, The Night's King was already sacrificing to existing White Walkers in the books. This might be yet another obnoxiously dangling plot thread DB Weiss and David Benioff have invented for themselves, which will invariably arouse the ire of die-hard A Song of Ice and Fire purists. But it might serve simplify the lore of the television series. Children of the Forest — basically the indigenous people of Westeros — needed to preserve their species from men who were invading and from White Walkers. Perhaps they created White Walkers in the hopes that the two races would destroy each other, finally leaving the Children of the Forest in peace.

Regardless of why they did it, the fact remains that Leaf confessed that the Children of the Forest created the Night's King, and now Bran has seen it, too. And with any luck, we'll find out more and more about the man who became the Night's King.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
Wait is nights watch synonymous with white walkers too?

Sorry misread it as night's king and not as night's watch.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Last_hero

Legends of the north state the last hero and his companions went in search of the children of the forest during the Long Night, thousands of years ago. The only survivor of the company after attacks from giants, wights, and Others, the last hero eventually reached the children and gained their assistance. The Night's Watch then formed and won the Battle for the Dawn. This ended the generation-long winter and sent the Others into retreat,[1] possibly to the Land of Always Winter. The fate of the last hero is unknown.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Battle_for_the_Dawn

In the midst of the darkness of the Long Night, the Others emerged from the far north, wielding razor-thin swords of ice and raising the dead to fight the living. The children of the forest and their allies, the First Men, fought valiantly against them, but were driven southwards by their advance.[2] The Others were eventually checked when it was discovered that weapons made of dragonglass could kill them.[3] According to the song "The Night That Ended", the first members of the Night's Watch rode against the Others and drove them back in the battle

In reference to the last Hero:

Now these were the days before the Andals came, and long before the women fled across the narrow sea from the cities of the Rhoyne, and the hundred kingdoms of those times were the kingdoms of the First Men, who had taken those lands from the children of the forest. Yet here and there in the fastness of the woods, the children still lived in their wooden cities and hollow hills, and the faces in the trees kept watch. So as cold and death filled the earth, the last hero determined to seek out the children, in the hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a sword, a horse, a dog, and a dozen companions. For years he searched until he despaired of ever finding the children of the forest in their secret cities. One by one his friends died, and his horse, and finally even his dog, and his sword froze so hard the blade snapped when he tried to use it. And the Others smelled the hot blood in him and came silent on his trail, stalking him with packs of pale white spiders big as hounds - Old Nan

Sounds a bit familiar.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
The cave did because of some CoF or Blood Raven protection, but I wasn't aware that The Wall had a similar protection.

It's mentioned in the books, some secret passages that only members of the Night's watch can walk through and such.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 23, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
Yeah, they have to invade south so Dany's dragons can kill them all to end the series.

I don't expect Dany to win at the end. If she does beat the White Walkers, then I'd wager she also turns Mad Queen and has to be killed herself.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)
I don't expect Dany to win at the end. If she does beat the White Walkers, then I'd wager she also turns Mad Queen and has to be killed herself.

I see a Stark on the throne at the end. (Team Stark/Snow forever!!!)

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 23, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)

It seems almost too obvious that Dany's dragons will play a part in defeating the White Walkers.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)
It seems almost too obvious that Dany's dragons will play a part in defeating the White Walkers.

Yes. I don't think GRRM is so mean that he'll do a "lol bad guys win" ending, but he's not going to let the good guys all band together and romp either.

A man is sad after last night.

Seriously......Hodor!?!?!?! Plus yet another wolf?!?!? So sad. Any time there's a white walker I'm pumped but losing Hodor and another wold more than offset it.

I've been on the theory that Jon Snow and Dany will end up with each other and be King and Queen. However this whole story twists and turns and I'm starting to think that might not happen.

I'm starting to get into the Arya storyline a bit and seeing that funny skit she had to watch which included her father helped peak my interest a bit.

By far I'm most intrigued with this Northern melee about to ensue. I can't wait. Looking like Stark will need help from Tully among others. I doubt the Greyjoy followers of Theon and his sister will end up North, but it'd be a nice twist and turn to Ramsey's story.