9/7 vs Cleveland Indians

flavum

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
The extra power has offset the extra K's so that he's almost as good of an overall offensive contributor as last year, but yeah I like the guy with the higher average better too.

The 2015 version of Eaton would be great if we had another leadoff hitter and could drop him to 2nd in the order.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
Haven't seen 1 slider buried down and in to a righty today, wonder if Sale's arm is tired?

This looks like Sale from first month and a half of the season. I'm fine with it if they are doing it to preserve his elbow

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
I'm sure FIP will say it's a good start due to strikeouts, but Sale has been awful. Definitely time to maybe skip a start for him, as who cares about 300 strikeouts

Nah he's given up 3 HRs, FIP is going to hammer him for this start.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
I'm sure FIP will say it's a good start due to strikeouts, but Sale has been awful. Definitely time to maybe skip a start for him, as who cares about 300 strikeouts

I don't know why they don't just send him home for the winter. The experts think he has injury potential so why pitch him when we're out of the race? Sit him.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
They should skip his next one and give Johnson/Montas the start but I'm sure we will see him out there

I disagree. I think the season's blown so let's get him out there and try to get his arm built up for 200 innings. Don't push him past 100 or so pitches in those outings, not needed, but there's plenty of benefit in arm strengthening.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)
I disagree. I think the season's blown so let's get him out there and try to get his arm built up for 200 innings. Don't push him past 100 or so pitches in those outings, not needed, but there's plenty of benefit in arm strengthening.

Of course, since Robin won't be able to resist throwing Chris for 120 pitches if he's out there maybe resting him is the right move.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
The lack of patience from this team is infuriating. When Mike Olt is showing more patience at the plate than you, then you seriously need to reevaluate your approach with a pitcher who can't throw strikes. Just awful.

I doubt many teams would allow 3 out of 4 of their hitters to swing at the first pitch in the inning immediately after the pitcher walked 4 guys. This is just a very dumb team with poor coaching