Has the country (or the world) really gone this far off the rails?

Big Hurtin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
Hmm it's almost as if knife attacks tend to be much less deadly than mass gun attacks!

Not to be a contrarian asshole, but if the students were carrying guns, once the perpetrator whipped out the knife, boom, shoot him in the leg and incident is over. It's dangerous out there and I am all for the bad guys taking a bullet in the butt or the leg when they are wielding knives and guns.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 01:15 AM)
Not to be a contrarian asshole, but if the students were carrying guns, once the perpetrator whipped out the knife, boom, shoot him in the leg and incident is over. It's dangerous out there and I am all for the bad guys taking a bullet in the butt or the leg when they are wielding knives and guns.

lol. only greg. he said a bullet in the butt. like when carl winslow got shot in the ass on family matters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:15 AM)

I know that you've been told this before, but you do understand it's very hard to intentionally shoot a moving target in the leg right?

And if the shooter misses, we might go from zero fatalities in this case to more than zero fatalities. Because each of these hypothetical armed students will not be marksmen.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
I know that you've been told this before, but you do understand it's very hard to intentionally shoot a moving target in the leg right?

And if the shooter misses, we might go from zero fatalities in this case to more than zero fatalities. Because each of these hypothetical armed students will not be marksmen.

I guess I was thinking about what I'd do. I'd take a ton of lessons on how to use my gun (or gub as Woody Allen said in that hilarious movie Take the Money and Run) and if I saw the guy wield his knife at me, I'd try to shoot him in the butt or leg. Just me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
I guess I was thinking about what I'd do. I'd take a ton of lessons on how to use my gun (or gub as Woody Allen said in that hilarious movie Take the Money and Run) and if I saw the guy wield his knife at me, I'd try to shoot him in the butt or leg. Just me.

Likely you'd do what the cops (who are actually trained) *DID* do which was kill the guy.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Likely you'd do what the cops (who are actually trained) *DID* do which was kill the guy.

But if I see him whip out a knife and start a stabbing spree, I want a gun and a fighting chance to live and save others. All I can do is try to hit him in the leg or butt. Shoot low.