**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Least excited I'm about Mania in a while, and it's not that the build up for the matches are bad - Jeri-KO, Brock vs Goldberg, Seth vs Hunter, Cena vs Miz all has some pretty good build ups (on the other hand, the Orton/Bray storyline was just bad the past few weeks), but I don't think any of the matches will be Mania worthy, for various reasons.

On a side note, the Alpha vs Usos tag match last week was awesome. It's unfortunate that they aren't getting a match at WM.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)
Least excited I'm about Mania in a while, and it's not that the build up for the matches are bad - Jeri-KO, Brock vs Goldberg, Seth vs Hunter, Cena vs Miz all has some pretty good build ups (on the other hand, the Orton/Bray storyline was just bad the past few weeks), but I don't think any of the matches will be Mania worthy, for various reasons.

On a side note, the Alpha vs Usos tag match last week was awesome. It's unfortunate that they aren't getting a match at WM.

Has Brock-Goldberg been good? Granted, this week has been the first full Raw and SD's I've watched since the rumble but holy hell that go home segment was garbage.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)

Totally. They got great chemistry and should've at least been a kickoff show match.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
Has Brock-Goldberg been good? Granted, this week has been the first full Raw and SD's I've watched since the rumble but holy hell that go home segment was garbage.

They are getting some pretty good pop from the fans and the shock factor of Goldberg squash is still there. Outside of that, it's mostly Heyman doing this thing and minimizing matches and physical confrontation between those two before Mania.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)
They are getting some pretty good pop from the fans and the shock factor of Goldberg squash is still there. Outside of that, it's mostly Heyman doing this thing and minimizing matches and physical confrontation between those two before Mania.

I'm definitely not denying the crowd factor as they've been hot for this for some reason. And this wont be popular but I'm a little bit over Heyman at this point despite him being one of the best ever. As far as minimizing the matches and confrontations I think it's the fact that Goldberg just can't do anything, nothing more.

Anywho, despite the fact that I've watched less wrestling these last 2 months than I have in about 7 years and the fact I don't care about a single match on the card, I've still managed to get myself excited for Sunday.

One of the few things I'm looking forward to is Sasha turning heel. The storyline is definitely building towards that. That only thing stopping it is lack of faces in the Women's division. Perhaps Asuka will drop the title at Takeover and move up to Raw on next week?

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)
One of the few things I'm looking forward to is Sasha turning heel. The storyline is definitely building towards that. That only thing stopping it is lack of faces in the Women's division. Perhaps Asuka will drop the title at Takeover and move up to Raw on next week?

If Asuka loses tomorrow, I'll be iWon4Ron furious. She should move up unbeaten and abandon the title like Paige did.

If Asuka loses tomorrow, I'll be iWon4Ron furious.

Haha.

I've learned from this thread that I need to treat it like it is now... booking will never get significantly better.

Now, onto the topic of this years Wrestlemania...

I'll be watching for sure. With that being said, I have 0 confidence that this event will be any level of good. It will be a fun 4-5-6 (?) hours of entertainment on a Sunday night.

Opinions on some things:

Berg vs. Brock --> hideous. Ugly. You can't convince me that the actual fans want to see this s***. I am convinced that its WWE sound manipulation. Goldberg has done nothing, yet is the champion of the world. Brock is mr. do-nothing, show up, have Heyman talk, and put on a 2* match. This match will be horrible. The build has been OK, but it's all useless. It's disturbing that this is what we get as the main event, if I was a WWE superstar, I'd be upset about this. Although, AJ Styles did mention that thy bring popularity to the product, and thus, his name, which is good... so be it.

HHH vs. Rollins --> COOL! Fine wrestlemania match. Rollins gets a rub from a legend that can still go on the mic and in the ring. Should be an enjoyable match and the build has been good (although, convoluted as this has been building on and off for a year now).

Jericho vs. KO --> Greatness! Most anticipated match of the night for me. Build has been pretty damn awesome, the story is great, the match should be good.

Styles vs. Shane --> Any match with Styles is worth anticipating, but how do you put the best in the world with Shane is beside me. They couldn't find a way to get Nakumara vs. Styles? Meh. OK. I'll watch with hopes that this match is decent/good.

Raw Womens 4-way --> They've done everything they could to kill any motivation for Raw Women's matches. I'm still a huge mark for Bayley and Banks and Charlotte so I will watch this happily, but not as happy as I would have been with good building and avoiding nia jax. It's nice that it is elimination, I wonder who the last two will be? Bayley vs. Banks?

SD Women's 6 pack?? --> Useless. They've killed this division going into WM. Can't say I care at all.

Raw LAdder Tag Title 3-way --> Yes! Ladder match! Kinda a weird way to make this match a ladder match at the last second, but I'm all in! Love ladder matches (who doesn't)? Weird competitors for the ladder match, can't really see anyone winning other than Enzo and Cass now. Should be a really fun match from a s*** division.

Undertaker vs. Reigns --> Taker needs to retire. Reigns is an asshat. f*** the booking, f*** this match, I don't even know who I want to win.

Cena/bella vs Miz/Maryse --> Meh. Good build, but would have been better just straight up Cena vs. Miz.

Ambrose vs. corbin --> OK. Ill watch, but not expecting too much.

Even with Naomi back, I was thinking with the "Any woman on the Smackdown Roster" that Asuka could make a surprise appearance in the SD title match and win that title. Because Asuka has been appearing on SD house shows. Easy way to get around it is to say they signed her after Takeover. They also moved the SD Women's match to the main card now which is cool.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)

I think Sasha turns heel on Monday. Of course she'll get a few punches in on Bayley on Sunday- they're fighting for a belt. Fans will say it's a competitor going after a title. On Monday she comes out and instead of congratulating her knocks her lights out

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
Haha.

I've learned from this thread that I need to treat it like it is now... booking will never get significantly better.

Now, onto the topic of this years Wrestlemania...

I'll be watching for sure. With that being said, I have 0 confidence that this event will be any level of good. It will be a fun 4-5-6 (?) hours of entertainment on a Sunday night.

Opinions on some things:

Berg vs. Brock --> hideous. Ugly. You can't convince me that the actual fans want to see this s***. I am convinced that its WWE sound manipulation. Goldberg has done nothing, yet is the champion of the world. Brock is mr. do-nothing, show up, have Heyman talk, and put on a 2* match. This match will be horrible. The build has been OK, but it's all useless. It's disturbing that this is what we get as the main event, if I was a WWE superstar, I'd be upset about this. Although, AJ Styles did mention that thy bring popularity to the product, and thus, his name, which is good... so be it.

HHH vs. Rollins --> COOL! Fine wrestlemania match. Rollins gets a rub from a legend that can still go on the mic and in the ring. Should be an enjoyable match and the build has been good (although, convoluted as this has been building on and off for a year now).

Jericho vs. KO --> Greatness! Most anticipated match of the night for me. Build has been pretty damn awesome, the story is great, the match should be good.

Styles vs. Shane --> Any match with Styles is worth anticipating, but how do you put the best in the world with Shane is beside me. They couldn't find a way to get Nakumara vs. Styles? Meh. OK. I'll watch with hopes that this match is decent/good.

Raw Womens 4-way --> They've done everything they could to kill any motivation for Raw Women's matches. I'm still a huge mark for Bayley and Banks and Charlotte so I will watch this happily, but not as happy as I would have been with good building and avoiding nia jax. It's nice that it is elimination, I wonder who the last two will be? Bayley vs. Banks?

SD Women's 6 pack?? --> Useless. They've killed this division going into WM. Can't say I care at all.

Raw LAdder Tag Title 3-way --> Yes! Ladder match! Kinda a weird way to make this match a ladder match at the last second, but I'm all in! Love ladder matches (who doesn't)? Weird competitors for the ladder match, can't really see anyone winning other than Enzo and Cass now. Should be a really fun match from a s*** division.

Undertaker vs. Reigns --> Taker needs to retire. Reigns is an asshat. f*** the booking, f*** this match, I don't even know who I want to win.

Cena/bella vs Miz/Maryse --> Meh. Good build, but would have been better just straight up Cena vs. Miz.

Ambrose vs. corbin --> OK. Ill watch, but not expecting too much.

Missing Aries vs Neville. I honestly forgot about this match too, but I think this could easily be the match of the night.

Missing Aries vs Neville. I honestly forgot about this match too, but I think this could easily be the match of the night.

Meh. The match itself is probably going to be fire, but i can't get behind anything cruiser-weights until they make me care with their booking. I'll say Neville vs. Aries is a step in the right direction. I think this match is on the pre-show tho... so, that is unfortunate.