**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

I'll say that I disagree with pretty much everything that was just said but I'm not going to argue with anyone. It's pro wrestling and if you like something then you like it. Personally, I hated literally every single thing about the rumble match itself.

Anywho, Go Bayley

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Rowand on this one. The match (royal rumble) was unbelievably awful. I'm not quite sure how they managed to screw it up.

There was 0 suprises (no finn, no samoa joe, no of the other legends), instead we get people like Enzo / Zavier woods (why was he in the rumble? I thought he was not supposed to be based on Raw), Roman Reigns (f*** Roman reigns, he should NOT have been in the Rumble, ESPECIALLY at number 30. Everyone was waiting on a suprise and out comes this douchebag), and other jobbers.

The most "star studded" rumble became a rumble of jobbers with no real chance of winning.

Braun was the only bright spot in the rumble match. Jericho was nice too, but why have Jericho last an hour and do nothing the entire match?

Undertaker clearly can't go anymore. I hope he reitres at 'Mania.

I DID like the Lesnar elimination by Goldberg, felt that it adds to their storyline well, but still, anytime you have the 3 old guys coming out as the last 5 combatants, it's kind of bulls***. Like, at least be somewhat unpredictable... give the old part timers the last few spots is just lame and not suprising.

Reigns eliminating Taker means they will likely face off at WM. I was so happy when Braun destroyed Reigns in Reigns vs. KO match as I Thought it meant Reigns vs. Strowman at 'mania, NOPE. They should have just let Kevin Owens go over clean if they weren't setting up Roman vs. Strow at Mania.

The rest of the card was thrilling, excellent, the royal rumble match absolutely ruined it tho. With a good rumble it would have been a 9+/10, but this Rumble was one of the worst putting the show at a max 6/10.

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 06:17 AM)
I'm with Rowand on this one. The match (royal rumble) was unbelievably awful. I'm not quite sure how they managed to screw it up.

There was 0 suprises (no finn, no samoa joe, no of the other legends), instead we get people like Enzo / Zavier woods (why was he in the rumble? I thought he was not supposed to be based on Raw), Roman Reigns (f*** Roman reigns, he should NOT have been in the Rumble, ESPECIALLY at number 30. Everyone was waiting on a suprise and out comes this douchebag), and other jobbers.

The most "star studded" rumble became a rumble of jobbers with no real chance of winning.

Braun was the only bright spot in the rumble match. Jericho was nice too, but why have Jericho last an hour and do nothing the entire match?

Undertaker clearly can't go anymore. I hope he reitres at 'Mania.

I DID like the Lesnar elimination by Goldberg, felt that it adds to their storyline well, but still, anytime you have the 3 old guys coming out as the last 5 combatants, it's kind of bulls***. Like, at least be somewhat unpredictable... give the old part timers the last few spots is just lame and not suprising.

Reigns eliminating Taker means they will likely face off at WM. I was so happy when Braun destroyed Reigns in Reigns vs. KO match as I Thought it meant Reigns vs. Strowman at 'mania, NOPE. They should have just let Kevin Owens go over clean if they weren't setting up Roman vs. Strow at Mania.

The rest of the card was thrilling, excellent, the royal rumble match absolutely ruined it tho. With a good rumble it would have been a 9+/10, but this Rumble was one of the worst putting the show at a max 6/10.

When I refereed to liking the Rumble, I meant the overall show.

The actual Rumble match, aside from a few moments (such as the Lesnar elimination), was largely predictable, and there were no surprises...that said, I still didn't "hate" it. If they were dead set on Randy Orton winning, I'm glad they didn't debut any NXT stars just to throw them out of the ring. And the same applies to bringing back Balor. If all they were going to do was debut them and eliminate them, I'm glad they didn't bother.

The best part about the Rumble is the surprise entrants, even if they don't realistically have a chance at winning. There was none of that this year.

I don't understand how Seth Rollins is left off the card completely.

Cena and Orton at Mania? Its been done, not thrilled about that. Honestly, I was pulling for Jericho when it got down to the final four.

The Royal Rumble match is what makes the PPV, and it just wasn't that good. Therefor, the PPV was a let down even if the other matches were pretty damn good.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
The best part about the Rumble is the surprise entrants, even if they don't realistically have a chance at winning. There was none of that this year.

Cena and Orton at Mania? Its been done, not thrilled about that. Honestly, I was pulling for Jericho when it got down to the final four.

The Royal Rumble match is what makes the PPV, and it just wasn't that good. Therefor, the PPV was a let down even if the other matches were pretty damn good.

Rollins was off the card due to the NXT stuff they did with HHH.

I agree on the surprise entrants, I was kind of expecting a few but it didn't happen.

I think a lot of people were pulling for Jericho when it got down to the final four. Personally, I was hoping Roman would win it just to piss off the smarks. :)

QUOTE (TRU @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)

Part of the reason I was excited about this rumble is because there was actually a chance one of the surprise guys could win whether it be Finn or Joe. Not likely but it added to the fun of it for me. Dillinger is fine(to be honest I don't get why he is so over but he is) and was a fun moment but him being the "major" surprise is pretty bad.

Anywho, after having the night to sleep on it I'm still very much annoyed by all of this. Maybe they'll surprise me and go Finn-AJ at mania or maybe they do Joe-Cena to at least give me something to be excited about but as of now, I'm really not interested in any of this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 08:58 AM)
Part of the reason I was excited about this rumble is because there was actually a chance one of the surprise guys could win whether it be Finn or Joe. Not likely but it added to the fun of it for me. Dillinger is fine(to be honest I don't get why he is so over but he is) and was a fun moment but him being the "major" surprise is pretty bad.

Anywho, after having the night to sleep on it I'm still very much annoyed by all of this. Maybe they'll surprise me and go Finn-AJ at mania or maybe they do Joe-Cena to at least give me something to be excited about but as of now, I'm really not interested in any of this.

I'm hoping they held off on Joe because he would have been lost in the shuffle in their eyes and had other things to set up.

Chamber is 2 weeks away, maybe we see him there or this Tuesday even

Vince: Randy, we want you to face Brock at SummerSlam and have him bust you open the hard way with his elbow.

Randy: No way.

Vince: We'll let you win the Rumble and win the title at Mania.

Randy: Ring the bell.

Edited by Brian

According to the same rumor that leaked Randy winning the Rumble, it will be Randy vs Bray, not Cena, at WM. Cena's dropping title at EC, which makes his record tying 16th reign only 2 weeks long. Blah.

I'm guessing Joe will be revealed as the mystery last person to enter EC this week or next, confronting Cena and AJ.

Also my guess for Finn not returning last night is either his recovery is behind schedule, or they already have plans for the top guys at WM and don't want to have him return early to feud with midcards. Since the Monday night Raw after WM is a big deal these days, I would expect Jericho to proclaim he's the best in the world after winning title at WM, Finn's music hits and gets a huge pop for his long awaited return, and wants back the title he never lost.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
Rollins was off the card due to the NXT stuff they did with HHH.

I agree on the surprise entrants, I was kind of expecting a few but it didn't happen.

I think a lot of people were pulling for Jericho when it got down to the final four. Personally, I was hoping Roman would win it just to piss off the smarks. :)

Oh im aware as to why he was "off the card" but how many times have you seen the "so and so is banned" and they end up showing up in some way? That's what I am confused about. It would have been awesome, lets say, that Rollins was #30 because Shane gave up one of the Smackdown slots to stick it to Raw or something like that. You could have had HHH get involved for his elimination, but I guess they already have their plans in place to further that storyline.

Ok, so I enjoyed Raw last night. We get the Gold vs. Lesnar expected match at WM. Hopefully non-title. We got continuation of Reigns vs. Strow (likely a fastlane matchup). We got continuation of Bayley vs. Charlotte (bayley pinning Charlotte).

We had, what I thought, was an excellent promo by HHH vs. Rollins. An amazing surprise in Samoa Joe destroying Rollins.

My question is: Da f*** does this mean? Rollins vs. Joe at Fastlane? Is Joe officially on Raw (and thus, not SD) ? IF so, why the f*** does SD keep missing out on these hot free agents. That's simply unfair, and who the hell is Styles/Cena etc. going to feud with on WM? Who will Joe face at WM? Etc.

Lots of questions. Hopefully there is a good plan. I'm willing to let it go for a few weeks and see what the outcome is of everything. Generally speaking, outside of the Royal Rumble match (horrid), I have been very entertained with the products.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 30, 2017 -> 10:47 PM)
Ok, so I enjoyed Raw last night. We get the Gold vs. Lesnar expected match at WM. Hopefully non-title. We got continuation of Reigns vs. Strow (likely a fastlane matchup). We got continuation of Bayley vs. Charlotte (bayley pinning Charlotte).

We had, what I thought, was an excellent promo by HHH vs. Rollins. An amazing surprise in Samoa Joe destroying Rollins.

My question is: Da f*** does this mean? Rollins vs. Joe at Fastlane? Is Joe officially on Raw (and thus, not SD) ? IF so, why the f*** does SD keep missing out on these hot free agents. That's simply unfair, and who the hell is Styles/Cena etc. going to feud with on WM? Who will Joe face at WM? Etc.

Lots of questions. Hopefully there is a good plan. I'm willing to let it go for a few weeks and see what the outcome is of everything. Generally speaking, outside of the Royal Rumble match (horrid), I have been very entertained with the products.

It means SD will get Naka.

Edited by Y2HH

Still enjoying Smackdown for the most part -- though that open tag invitational was a stupid mess. Smackdown really has a lot of stupid tag-teams and should put in some work to make that division a bit more serious.

Enjoyed the rest of the show for the most part...but why are they making all their champions lose on TV?

Cena, Bliss and Fringe all lose. All this does is make champions look weak.

That's 2 clean losses in a row for Bliss ... even if they did take place in a tag matches, way to make your women's division flag bearer look weak. Also, if you're going to make her lose like this, try doing it in a different fashion. She literally lost twice in a row to the EXACT same sequence of moves.

The only good news is I have to assume Bliss is going to retain at Asylum after the fact she keeps losing these prelim matches.

The worst thing the WWE can do now is cut her reign short and start playing hot potato with the title. You could probably guess but I'm NOT happy with this.

Edited by Y2HH

I skipped both raw and sd this week just to kind of get away from it for a week or so or as Kyle said, I lost my smile. It's annoying but they've had their champions losing non title matches forever now so not surprised to hear that.

New rumor I saw today is that we're getting the Cena's vs. Mizanin's in a mixed tag at mania. This stuff changes daily but from everything I've read/heard and where it seems other things are going this wouldn't surprise me. That'd be a good way to waste Jern and The Miz at the top of their games.