Grinder Bash feedback

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Check this spiff out. I RSVP'ed before the date, and now they have no record of it. I was expecting the tickets in the mail this week, and since I didnt get them I called. Now they tell me tough spiff.

More beer for me!

Seriously though, that is BS.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Check this spiff out. I RSVP'ed before the date, and now they have no record of it. I was expecting the tickets in the mail this week, and since I didnt get them I called. Now they tell me tough spiff.

Seems to have happened to a number of people - we received ours this week. I agree with several people who complained why isn't your original invitation sufficient for admittance?

We are new season ticket holders and couldn't be happier with Sox communications. Really like the ticket service and ability to e-mail tickets. Although we have had three different reps - the latest one seems okay - we seem to get an e-mail almost daily.

Sorry to hear you got shafted.

Raines, I experienced the same thing.

I did everything they said, followed the rules. And I didn't even get a dis-invite, they just blew me off completely; refused to call back. AFTER I RSVP'd.

Yes, the original invitation makes it look like that's all you need for admittance; it's not.

And to those of you who are taunting us who now can't go: show some goddamn class. Some of us were really looking forward to this. It's not funny that we got screwed.

But hey: you got yours, right?

So what you guys are saying is if I show up with the original ticket that clearly states on the bottom that "This card admits one guest" I will be turned away? Even with a copy of my RSVP email?

I don't understand what the hell is going on here.

I dont' know about the email, but my boss--who is also a season-ticket holder--received two "regular" (i.e., Ticketmaster) tix in the mail. Which I did not. From what I understand, the two cardboard passes you have are NOT enough to get in.

I just got off the phone with Sales at the Sox. They say that you were supposed to RSVP by the date specified, and that they then either mail you or leave at will call ACTUAL TICKETS. I just confirmed it.

If you have no tickets, you will not be admitted.

Boy, they managed to screw the pooch on this one, didn't they?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
Wow, can someone shed some light on all of this. What exactly is needed to get IN?

If I had all the way down there and get turned away, it's not gonna be pretty.

You need actual ticketmaster looking tickets.

We saw several folks get turned away last night. Not good.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
I cannot believe how fracked up this is. How could they do this to their fans? Usually the Sox are really good about things like this.

Not really. The previous ST holder parties were not problem free. This one is just a lot bigger. With that comes problems. Write a letter LV. Wont get you in tonight or tomorrow, but it will get you heard and suggestions are taken seriously.

Hey Steff do you think I should write: Jerry, or Brooks?

I'm not going to beach them out, but let them know that I'm a lifelong and loyal Sox fan who was so disappointed that they would run such a shoddy operation when usually they do okay.

I don't have a problem with being uninvited; it's the being invited then completely screwed which I take offense to.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
Hey Steff do you think I should write: Jerry, or Brooks?

I'm not going to beach them out, but let them know that I'm a lifelong and loyal Sox fan who was so disappointed that they would run such a shoddy operation when usually they do okay.

I don't have a problem with being uninvited; it's the being invited then completely screwed which I take offense to.

Not Jerry... :lolhitting

And I'm not even sure about Brooks. Maybe Christine (brain cramp on her last name right this second) who is in charge of special events? Though if you mailed it to BB he would get it to the right person I'm sure.

Suggestion... don't call it shoddy. They just underplanned. It's not like they did it on purpose and FWIW, I know they feel like crap that a lot of fans got shafted.

It was poorly organized, nobody explained anything clearly. You have to stand in a long line to pick up your tickets (since the big ticket that says admit one does not actually admit one). They did not have lots of people on record too. Make sure you get your pass to go on the field early.

Once you got in and figured out where everything was it was fun, although food line was a little too long.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
You need actual ticketmaster looking tickets.

We saw several folks get turned away last night. Not good.

It really is unreal, especially for people who have been ticket holders for awhile. Sometimes I wonder who keeps track of these things. They need to either hire more people, or have someone who care actually do this job.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
Not Jerry... :lolhitting

And I'm not even sure about Brooks. Maybe Christine (brain cramp on her last name right this second) who is in charge of special events? Though if you mailed it to BB he would get it to the right person I'm sure.

Suggestion... don't call it shoddy. They just underplanned. It's not like they did it on purpose and FWIW, I know they feel like crap that a lot of fans got shafted.

I believe it is Christine O'Rielly (not sure of the spelling)

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
It was poorly organized, nobody explained anything clearly. You have to stand in a long line to pick up your tickets (since the big ticket that says admit one does not actually admit one). They did not have lots of people on record too. Make sure you get your pass to go on the field early.

Once you got in and figured out where everything was it was fun, although food line was a little too long.

GREAT, THERE IS YET ANOTHER TICKET NEEDED TO GET ON THE FIELD! :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
GREAT, THERE IS YET ANOTHER TICKET NEEDED TO GET ON THE FIELD! :lolhitting :lolhitting

They only allow so many. It wasn't so bad last night but we got there a bit early.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
I didn't go to Soxfest this year (last year I did) but I heard there were problems there, too. What were they?

The Hyatt overbooked the event.

Which meant what? You couldn't get in? Me personally I didn't think Soxfest was that great except for the opportunities to buy merchandise. I was not about to stand in line for three hours to get somebody's autograph.

But I was a newbie, maybe I didn't know WTF I was doing.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
Which meant what? You couldn't get in? Me personally I didn't think Soxfest was that great except for the opportunities to buy merchandise. I was not about to stand in line for three hours to get somebody's autograph.

But I was a newbie, maybe I didn't know WTF I was doing.

No.. you could get in. If you waited in line all night or enjoyed being bumper to bumper with folks to look at the merchandise once you finally did get in. The bars were packed, Connies was a joke until 11pm, and Houlihans was waaaayyy packed all weekend. The Hyatt sold too many packages to Soxfest attendees after they were told what the Sox preferred capacity was.