Guys get into Astrodome

Brian

http://deadspin.com/three-bros-explored-th...dome-1692943968

Note that they brought their beers in with them. As the guy points out in his gallery, they left one of their empty cups in the scoreboard operations room picture directly above. That empty made it into a Houston Chronicle photo (at bottom-right) taken a few weeks later, when reporters were invited in to tour the stadium.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 07:21 AM)
Always wondered what they did with old stadiums.

I guess they just let them rot, as in the case of this and the Silverdome.

It's a shame.

I think a lot of the time they are hoping that the stadiums will be repurposed for events. I could have sworn that was the original idea for the astrodome, they were going to try and turn it into a conference center/events center. But if you dont get investors, what can you do? And it costs money to tear these things down, so they just let them rot.

I think the silverdome had things in it for a while after the Lions moved out, monster truck rallys and motocross races.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
I'm surprised they wouldn't sell the seats. Hell, sell each seat for $100, people would definitely buy them.

In the deadspin article they say that large chunks of seats are missing because they were sold to fans

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
The Astrodome was a different place to see a game. It was soooo big, and after growing up at old Comiskey, it was completely a different experience.

I went there a lot as a kid, and it seemed huge to me. But it could fit inside the superdome.

I went back in the late 1990s, and I realized that while it looked huge sitting in the stands the concourses were tiny and other aspects of the place were rather snug.