Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread

sox-r-us

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE f*** IS THIS???  How many innings are we going to run ourselves out of before Ozzie just tells everyone besides Pods to stay on the f***ing base?

He thought the count was 3-2. I love Ozuna. He's a scrappy player and tries so hard, but he's dumb as a brick. And to be honest, lots of players on this team have a low baseball IQ.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
wtf Pablo...

I doubt it's all Pablo's fault, heck I doubt it's even Pablos fault at all.

Ozzie was more then likely making him steal there, and when your a part time player you don't go against what the manager said. Ozzie just blew it again, but that isn't news...

Guest JimH
SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE f*** IS THIS???  How many innings are we going to run ourselves out of before Ozzie just tells everyone besides Pods to stay on the f***ing base?

Fathom, CALM DOWN.

Everything is not Guillen's fault. Are you watching the game? Ozuna looked over at Cora with his hands in the air. Ozuna lost track of the count, that play was totally his fault. He was not trying to steal, he was wandering toward 2nd.

That is a flat out bad play by Ozuna, had nothing to do with Guillen.

Actually one of the worst plays of the year so far. A total bonehead move.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
I doubt Ozzie told him to jog into 2nd.

But it has to be Ozzie's fault. He tells them to run into outs on purpose. All Ozzie's fault.

Some of these posts are just incredible.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)

Ozzie was more then likely making him steal there, and when your a part time player you don't go against what the manager said. Ozzie just blew it again, but that isn't news...

Either way, it's getting ridiculous. We're consistently making stupid outs on the bases. After a while, they're not just mistakes......it's bad coaching and execution by the players.

Guest JimH

Jeckle and all the rest of you who blame Guillen for world hunger, labor strife, inflation, unemployment, and God knows what else ...

OZUNA LOST TRACK OF THE COUNT.

It was OZUNA's screw up.

I wish some of you guys would watch the game and figure out what the hell went on before you type. Jeezus.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
Fathom, CALM DOWN.

Everything is not Guillen's fault.  Are you watching the game?  Ozuna looked over at Cora with his hands in the air.  Ozuna lost track of the count, that play was totally his fault.  He was not trying to steal, he was wandering toward 2nd.

That is a flat out bad play by Ozuna, had nothing to do with Guillen.

Wow, where did I say that play was Ozzie's fault? I just said that maybe Ozzie should lay off the aggressiveness a little overall. That was Ozuna's fault all the way. Inexcusable for the same player to get caught stealing twice in two innings....especially at Coors.

Guest JimH
Well remember I can't see the game so all I can see is what gameday tells me. I was just going by Ozzies past of making stupid moves in that situation...

Well you were wrong.

Maybe stop making these over the top statements without knowing what's going on?

Maybe it's better to say, "hey, I just have Gamecast, why on earth was he running there?" and those of us who are able to watch the game can give you the scoop.

God you people love to make assumptions, based on what your prior opinion is. It is getting nuts.