Left field

fathom

Can we please find someone to play LF? Pods and Ozuna are absolutely awful right now, and neither one is contributing to any aspect of the game. I honestly don't know what KW is waiting for. I sure hope he's reviewing the waiver wire to see if there's anyone that can contribute anything out there. I'm all for giving Gload the chance right now.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:29 AM)
Yea. The options are so WIDE right now.

What a worthless thread.

Yep...lets keep throwing guys out there who have an OBP of about .225 since the ASB, and they can't field to save their lives. The funny thing is that I used to think that left fielders used to be a dime a dozen in baseball. It's usually the easiest place to play on the field.

Well, there is one reasonable option out there...

Jose Cruz Jr.

Of course, that'd mean that one of Gload or Ozuna would have to go.

BTW -- the culprit of that 7th inning rally, which was killed, was AJ. 2-1 pitch, Villone had just thrown six of seven balls, and that pitch was several inches inside. AJ has been great this year, but man... he doesn't see a whole lot of pitches that he doesn't like.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:35 AM)
Mackowiak has been raking righties all year. All fudging year.

And he's looked bad recently at the plate, which isn't surprising as he's one of the streakiest players I've seen over the past few years. It's too bad he didn't get more playing time, not in CF, during his good stretch.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
wasn't he the mvp last year. the starter. the igniter. the wheels.

the fact is that he was not the MVP last year....not even close....we won last year because we had hands down the best pitching in the league...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)

Jose Cruz Jr.

BTW -- the culprit of that 7th inning rally, which was killed, was AJ. 2-1 pitch, Villone had just thrown six of seven balls, and that pitch was several inches inside. AJ has been great this year, but man... he doesn't see a whole lot of pitches that he doesn't like.

Its Paulie getting 1 base on a double clearly over the RF's head. It wasn't close.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:35 AM)

Jose Cruz Jr.

The AJP bat was bad, but it's just symptomatic of how asinine our catching situation is right now.

I really think a guy like Brady Clark could sneak through waivers, yes I'm bringing his damn name up again he'll make about $750 for the rest of the year but he also makes $3.8M which is a pretty penny for a guy like him. This is probably just wishful thinking but I don't think it's completely out of the question.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:37 AM)
Its Paulie getting 1 base on a double clearly over the RF's head. It wasn't close.

The only thing that makes me feel an ounce better about this is that Rivera would have been brought in to face Crede. Torre is a great manager when it comes to that.

Well, one thing is sure for me. No matter how obvious it is the Sox need a different LF, we aren't going to see anyone new until Sept. call-ups or 2007. I also don't understand bringing Garland back for a batter in the 7th. That cost another run. Evidently Ozzie has a rule that the last batter the starter faces must reach base.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Well, one thing is sure for me. No matter how obvious it is the Sox need a different LF, we aren't going to see anyone new until Sept. call-ups or 2007. I also don't understand bringing Garland back for a batter in the 7th. That cost another run. Evidently Ozzie has a rule that the last batter the starter faces must reach base.

Ozzie needs to click the eject button on the 2005 WS DVD. Because I think he uses that to help him figure out when to pull his pitchers. He waits until they get raped in the 7th inning, then pulls them either with men on or men in already. Then he picks the worst possible guys to get out of it, either Riske or Cotts is the flavor of choice with men on. Two contact pitchers who have a propensity to give it up.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:42 AM)

And what was the worst managerial decision of the night, pitching to ARod with first base open in a 5-0 game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 03:44 AM)
Ozzie needs to click the eject button on the 2005 WS DVD. Because I think he uses that to help him figure out when to pull his pitchers. He waits until they get raped in the 7th inning, then pulls them either with men on or men in already. Then he picks the worst possible guys to get out of it, either Riske or Cotts is the flavor of choice with men on. Two contact pitchers who have a propensity to give it up.

If the Sox are getting so screwed by the umpires, why is Ozzie just sitting in the dugout? Instead of seeing our pitchers continue to stare down the umpires and possibly lose focus, we need Ozzie and Cooper to go out there and stick up for his players. I'm not a fan of managers getting tossed, but this team seems to be getting very frustrated with the umps.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a worthless thread.

That is a personal attack against the creator of this thread. I think a suspension is in order. This site can not allow this to keep going on. If this person thinks it is so worthless, then why is he she reading it and posting in it?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what was the worst managerial decision of the night, pitching to ARod with first base open in a 5-0 game.

If the Sox are getting so screwed by the umpires, why is Ozzie just sitting in the dugout? Instead of seeing our pitchers continue to stare down the umpires and possibly lose focus, we need Ozzie and Cooper to go out there and stick up for his players. I'm not a fan of managers getting tossed, but this team seems to be getting very frustrated with the umps.

Can't argue balls and strikes. Can't even mention it without getting the boot. Both sides were getting very frustrated with the home plate ump tonight. Garland got squeezed and later in the game Randy Johnson was getting squeezed. It seemed as if sometimes the ump would call the high strike and then he wouldn't. It was a very wierd strike zone tonight.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
That is a personal attack against the creator of this thread. I think a suspension is in order. This site can not allow this to keep going on. If this person thinks it is so worthless, then why is he she reading it and posting in it?

Did you read the thread before he edited it? Eh? Eh?

I doubt it.

And personal attack? PLEASE.

the fact is that he was not the MVP last year....not even close....we won last year because we had hands down the best pitching in the league...

--Yeah, but Scottie was DAMN GOOD last year. Cmon you cannot deny that.

This year is different, I agree. But give me a break downplaying how good he was last year!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:30 AM)

This year is different, I agree. But give me a break downplaying how good he was last year!

He was damn good for 1/2 of the season. He was a below average MLB player the 2nd half of the year.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)

80 R | 25 RBI | 59/82 SB (72%) | .290/.351/.349/.700

Is not "damn good" for a leadoff hitter IMO. It's actually quite mediocre.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
He was damn good for 1/2 of the season. He was a below average MLB player the 2nd half of the year.

He's shown flashes of that first half player. But Ozzie bringing him in to face Rivera was a joke. An absolute joke.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
He's shown flashes of that first half player. But Ozzie bringing him in to face Rivera was a joke. An absolute joke.

He was brought in to face Farnsworth I believe, not Rivera.