Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoCalChiSox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoCalChiSox

  1. Jimmy can you give us some morsels here. If you had to predict now where would it be and roughly what compensation do you expect?
  2. This is a very good point. Bob has historically been used to leak stuff that our FO wants out there. I really really don't want ATL to be the trading partner so I hope you're right and it's a strategic leak to scare LAD. On the other hand, the fact that we are leaking to scare LAD and not BAL suggests Elias is still being a dickless coward and maybe the FO has given up on trying to persuade him.
  3. This would be a very good haul.
  4. If it's ATL and it doesn't involve both pitchers, it would need to be a 3 team deal. AJSS, a LHS from somewhere else, +.
  5. In order for the Braves to win, it would require both pitchers, Kelenic and something else like Grissom. Harold said we are going to get bats in this trade.
  6. Ugh.....this is awful. No savages.
  7. Why would they give up Murphy? And putting him aside, if ATL is unwilling to give up both pitchers, they can't even make a competitive offer.
  8. Reds would seem to have a better shot than the Braves as they have more to offer. If the Red Sox really wanted to they could beat the Orioles position player package too with a superior position package of their own. If the rumored trade is true LAD is giving up 30m SV in exchange for about 10m if you go by BTV. That's a significant premium for pitching...even flawed pitching. They've got Cease valued at 40m. In this market there's about 10 teams interested. He could easily fetch 50-55m in SV in return in this market and maybe well more. If there's really a 20m premium in this market, the Sox could reasonably ask for Cowser, Norby, Bradfield and Povich from BAL. All 4. They could also ask for Anthony and Teel from BOS. And the rumored 4 player ask of CIN (Lowder, Petty, Jorge, Stafura) might be a bit light. Again IF this is the market.
  9. Pepiot was Top 100 before he graduated. So Glasnow with 25m salary, injury history and one year of control got a Top 100. I was told Cease isn't going to get dick tho...
  10. And even if it did take a manager to do that, I was told Pedro had great "communication skills". Just ask him.
  11. I think @Harold's Leg Lift may be referring to incoming young savages from crab cake land.
  12. Getz has boxed himself into a corner with Eloy. Didn't he more or less say he's gone, so he kind of now has to be gone?
  13. Caulfield what is the offseason outlook for your Padres?
  14. If we can turn just a couple of SP prospects that we have into decent starters and we get our RF and 2B from BAL I don't think we are a long way from relevance. Relevance isn't a high bar to clear its basically. 500 ball or slightly better. I think if we get the BAL trade done we will have 4-5 positional guys in the Top 100. I think that's a bright future to look forward too and I think after a year or two of spending caps we should also have some money to play with.
  15. Yeah me too. I wish we could get an update from @macsandz or @Harold's Leg Lift as to how discussions with BAL specifically are going. Getz also needs to accept the principle that having someone that can slug isn't a crime against God and taking Hjerstad instead of Cowser is perfectly fine so long as there's a decent third piece in the deal.
  16. I was reading Yamamoto will prolly make his decision in about two weeks. Market will no doubt be frozen until then...sigh
  17. Yamamoto was supposed to meet with NYY today. I hope he finishes his meetings quickly and the agent doesn't string this out in a bidding war until the deadline for him to sign which I think is early January. I really want to see the Cease trade get done this month so we don't keep rehashing the same stuff over and over.
  18. Ahh I forgot about the control I thought he had more than that. My bad. Obviously that timeline doesn't work for us.
  19. I wonder if as @CaliSoxFanViaSWside mentioned the Sox don't want Busch because he's bat only and maybe they want Lux (we were rumored to want him before) to play 2B for now since Busch doesn't have the glove for it and also as insurance in case Montgomery has to move to 3B soon and this is LAD way of getting a prospect with a 2024 ETA to quickly backfill Lux's spot in a trade? If LAD offered Lux (2B/SS), Pages (RF) and a SP, I feel Getz would accept it. In this hypothetical, there is significant risk in the fact we are getting two guys coming off legit injuries but they'd prolly be unavailable otherwise.
  20. This is either JR himself, Brooks Boyer or an NBCSN bot.
  21. Now that it's a contract year, I expect Yoan to play through pain, and be committed to his craft, particularly at the plate. I expect him to play well and be flipped at the deadline. Ramos should be ready by then.
  22. I dont think Cohen will allow himself to be outbid here. Hopefully it gets done soon so the pitching market can start moving.
  23. Dammit....LAD and NYY just made a trade and Vivas going to NYY. I wanted him as like a third piece in an LAD Cease trade. If the Dodgers were willing to part with him so easily for 40 man space we should have done something.
  24. Nice. Prellers biggest backer is gone so he's under pressure. Merrill and Snelling.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.