Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Another Trade???
Well then check that. This deal makes some sense, with the Dbacks getting the guys they originally wanted but I don't know why the Marlins get involved. Karsay could give them a legit setupman if healthy but thats a lot of cash going their way. I would like the idea of AJ Burnett though.
-
Another Trade???
Welcome aboard. Thanks for that info. This makes that deal more interesting. Financially it gives the Sox plenty of flexibility and gives them what I consider an ace starting pitcher. Burnett should be better this season as he's further removed from his injury and is quite affordable. The Sox would obviously have to pick up Delgado or another proven bat as well as picking up a middle infielder and a FA starting pitcher. Don't know if KW is this ballsy. But Delgado would OWN at the cell. This deal would make the Sox serious players in all the remaining FA's as well cause they'd have plenty of cash.
-
Where does this trade leave Ross Gload?
Gload will get some playing time, especially when Frank is done. He may also play a little OF (although I know that will uspet many on the board). Its quite possible Konerko gets dealt as well, but I'm assuming the Sox hold onto him. First I want to see the Sox pick up another starter.
-
Rate the Trade
Looking over his numbers you can see he didn't get that much playing time certain years but his minor league numbers aren't near as bad as some people would lead you to believe. If you notice in his full seasons in leagues he had quite solid numbers and worked hard and learned and turned into a pretty solid leadoff hitter. I expect his numbers next season to fall in between this year and the previous season.
-
Rate the Trade
Mitch Stetter Played his college ball at Indiana State and his struggles in high A ball came when he was moved to the rotation. He pitched primarily as a reliever in low a. But he's very old for that level. It was his first full season though.
-
Rate the Trade
I think the more likely reason was that he wanted to have a shot at the Rule V draft if one of the guys they liked was still available come their selection. Whoever they liked wasn't their, and they didn't make the pick.
-
Another Trade???
Boras isn't Delgado's agent. He's represented by David Sloane.
-
KW ON WGN RADIO
On a sidenote, did Kenny actually say they were interested in Clement? I'm assuming he pretty much mentioned zero names.
-
KW ON WGN RADIO
Call it a hunch, but this is him back in stealth mode. If were talking trade he'll be more talkative but when it comes to free agency he's going to act as if the Sox have zero fund still. But if they sit pat and go with Grilli or Diaz I'll be so freaking pissed.
-
Another Trade???
You'd only add one since they would be adding Burnett. But they'd be able to sign one of them, Delgado and then a middle infielder. Wouldn't be a bad deal. However I highly doubt it gets done.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
I think he's the pitcher not getting the attention and because of that he's the one out there at market value. He's a groundball pitcher who had a tremendous ERA and gives up far fewer hits then innings pitched while striking out a good amount. Plus he's a lefty, which would give the Sox two good lefties. Very good stuff but has had some arm problems. Thats the only question, but he's been relatively consistent in his IP and numbers in a sense. Two years ago his numbers weren't that great but that stemmed from a major increase in innings pitched the prior year. The guy is a very good pitcher whose periph's would indicate that he is more then capable of being a very good AL pitcher as well.
-
Rule V Draft
Who the hell was Johnny Rivera? Was he a little used guy down in rookie ball or something?
-
Rate the Trade
This is a long term move too cause I'm pretty sure they have the rights to Pod and Luis for a few more years. Pod for longer. And if the PTBNL is Ginter or a minor leaguer they'll have his rights for a long time as well. Now sign Odalis Perez...PLEASE KENNY
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
You will see the Sox sign a starting pitcher.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
Pyrz is now more likely then ever to get non-tendered. The Giants signed Matheny to a 3 yr deal today and they didn't sign him to be the backup.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
I also have to think by Friday that the Sox have inked a pitcher to a deal. I don't see them waiting till the non-tender period unless Kenny has a very good idea that cuople guys he really wants are going to get non-tendered. I'm still hoping they get Ginter cause that would give the Sox a lot of depth. If Crede struggles, bam, if Harris struggles (plus he can play vs lefties) and then you have the ability to get Pyrz and Perez. You don't know how happy I'd be if the team got Ginter and then signed Odalis and Pyrz.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
Plus in between his one bad season he had a season with an ERA in the 2's. Think of it this way. 7th/8th inning you got the option of Hermy/Marte/Vizcaino. Then you have Cotts and Politte before that and Shingo in the 9th. Thats some nice depth. Especially if Shingo pitches really well.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
Unless they deal him with the plan to sign Delgado
-
What does Kenny do now?
Jermaine will now be the 5 hole hitter and I don't have a problem with that. But some of the Sox younger guys will have to step up. At the same time, if the Sox sign another good starter, the staff and defense should look really good. Plus I wonder if the Sox are going to be moving the fences back a bit.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
I'd say thats a decent shot. At the same time Paulie could still hit 40, Dye could do 30, Thomas (according to Herm is right on schedule) and could do 25-35, Arow could do more like 25, Uribe has 30 hr power. I mean thats all a risk. I do think Crede will hit 20 if he gets the AB's. If his swing is fixed I think he hits 25-30. However his average may be horrible (if his swing isn't fixed).
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
Jim, I specifically remember NOT jumping on ya But I'm also one of the few people that thinks, certain conditions given (ie picking up Perez or a good starter and hopefully a catcher or middle infielder) that this is a good deal.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
Your not speaking for me because I've watched Vizcaino pitch against the Cubs for a few years. Power pitcher with good stuff. I always wondered why he wasn't their closer and if I recall he never did too well in that role, but has been a good set-up guy for a while. I figured he wasn't going to be dealt. I did always think he was a little younger (he's actually 31).
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
Nothing has been said yet, but its possible the Sox will send some cash for next season. I think this part still has to be worked out, just like the PTBNL part. I'm assuming if any it would be pretty minimal.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
Just to add. For those that say the Sox are going to lose a lot of power. Going to make some assumptions here (I consider them conservative) Crede - 20 Uribe - 20 Konerko - 30 Thomas - 20 Dye - 25 Rowand - 20 Thats 135 homers right there. Thats between 6 players. Then you also have Scotty P who will hit 10, the catchers who combine for maybe 10 and Gload/Everett who get 10 or so. So thats 165 homers. That isn't fantastic, but lets also remember that I think thats a conservative estimate. On the high end you get more from Thomas, Dye, Uribe, Crede, and Konerko. So my guess is they hit 180 plus homers which isn't too shabby. They also will have a lot more steals with Harris, Pod, Rowand out there. The average and OBP is definately a questionmark but we'll have to see how that goes. Get me Pyrz and Perez and I'll be so so happy or Perez and Polanco or whomever. Hell get me Perez and I'll just hope for another signing after that How many of us b****ed that we wanted a team built around pitching, and defense and guys that are better fundemenatally. Well in one offseason Kenny has almost done that (still needs a good starter and I'd like to see a catcher) and the team will have a very good pitching staff, very good defense, still above average power, better speed, and probably a lesser average.
-
Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL
I'm assuming he talked to JR and said, I got a guy in mind for SP and I want to make this deal that will give us some good players that will help the club and give the flexibility to make this deal. But if for whatever reason I go over budget by 2-3 mill will it be alright? Thats how I'm assuming the talks went. If they go for Clement then thats probably the offseason. If they go for Perez, I think the Sox make one more signing following non-tenders. At the same time Kenny could wait for non-tenders entirely and see what starters are cut lose as well. I'm starting to get excited because with Perez or another good pickup the Sox will have one of the best pitching staffs in all of baseball. It will be combined with a strong bullpen AND rotation. The defense will be very good (good OF defense) and the infield with Crede, Uribe, Harris, and Konerko (with a potential pickup like Polanco or Ginter) will be very good defensively. We know Burke calls a good game and Davis is solid defensively. The Sox are going to be a much more dynamic team, but at the same time they should have power between Crede, Uribe, Konerko, Thomas, Dye, and Rowand. All of a sudden you have a very very good fundemental ball club. One that still has the homer power but also some speed and so so much pitching (you can never have too much pitching).