Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. That rumors source is I think Baseball Primer (I think thats where the guy from Brewersfans.net got it). But it seems more likely that whoever they get is going to be a below average prospect. Ie, an "organizational" guy.
  2. Lets pick him up. Although I don't think the Sox make any moves until they get another pitcher, imo.
  3. Ya, Cora is a better player then Alfredo. Alfredo is a pretty slick fielding infielder though.
  4. Welcome aboard. It sure looks that way too. I still think they are in the Clement running though, but maybe not. Maybe they are going to have a much quieter offseason then anyone expected. I still think they would like to add one of the big name shortstops, but the price tags are out of whack for them.
  5. Amazega could be a solid pickup, because he can play both positions but he's never done much offensively at the major league leve. I've always liked him, especially defensively. Could be a good depth pickup.
  6. For a one year deal it didn't seem to bad. You pay a little more not to go long term and Byrd is a quality pitcher. He pitched well last season and his numbers should stay in that area, maybe go to 4.00 at the highest if healthy. He's already shown he can pitch in the AL.
  7. I was busy on the PM"s today. I get in period where I reply right away, periods where I read the pm but am busy with other stuff and don't have the time to write an immediate reply, and then those periods where I put off the reply and forget, lol.
  8. Agreed. I think Kotsay doesn't give the Sox as much speed, but he's a good top of the order hitter who would hit 20 Hr's at US cell. He also plays good defense and would be my definition of a grinder. Not positive on this, but I think him and Rowand were teammates at Fullerton. I know Kotsay was all world at Fullerton, but not sure if Rowand was there during Kotsay's tenure. Lets think about the payroll ramification. I think Kotsay makes like 4-5 mill, Huddy at 6-7 so thats 12 mill maybe. Sox move roughly 4 mill which would mean the 8 mill they had is spent. But overall they still fill there outfield and get a top of the order guy and get a top of the rotation guy while also strengthening the pen in Pod. Of course I'd love to find a way to add a catcher. Plus I'm a huge Kotsay fan. .314 AVG, .370 OBP, 37 2B, 15 HR, 63 RBI, 55 BB, 70 K, 8 SB; Made 5.5 mill in 2004
  9. Haha, if the Sox made that deal I'd scream in excitement. Kotsay as good as Pod and Huddy way better then Garland. Don't think there is any truth to that. Maybe it could be a starting package, but the Sox would be giving up some other stuff as well. Although I guess it gives Beane some financial flexibility. But I'd have to think Anderson and another prospect would be a part of it as well.
  10. Well if Pod got the Sox Huddy then I'd be all for it. I still don't see him going anywhere.
  11. Bahaha, what a horrible move by the Reds. They could of just waited till Ortiz got non-tendered. The Angels weren't going to bring him back. Ortiz isn't a bad fit in the NL, but I think his shot at being solid at this point in his career is out of the pen and he doesn't seem to accept that role. His stuff is nowhere near what it was a few years back when he was dubbed little Pedro. Not much of an Ortiz fan, but at the right price it would of been a good move. Dustin Moseley is not the right price. Stoneman picks up a good prospect for a guy he wasn't going to keep. I think they'll make a similar move with Washburn once they sign another FA pitcher. I also think they'll look at Steve Kline when its all set and done. This guy was a 1st round pick (34th overall...sandwich pick) by the Reds back in 2000 and had pretty good numbers in AA/AAA this past year at 22. Angels could use it as bait for elsewhere but regardless its a good move for them.
  12. Welcome aboard Good to see a lot of fresh faces on the board. I think Grudz could possibly be an option but my guess is the first thing the Sox do is sign or trade for another pitcher. Then they'll look at whatever money they have left and either put it towards a middle infielder or a catcher. After that I think Kenny will consider dealing Konerko, but only if he can get a good left handed bat to insert into the order.
  13. Just did
  14. First off want to say welcome aboard. As far as your lineup goes, while it looks nice that deal isn't an option. Perez is cheap and under contract for the next few years and its going to take a plethora of talent to land him alone. Consider him pretty much untouchable, imo. The Pirates are actually taking some steps in the right direction, imo.
  15. Not a fan of Milton due to his lousy periphs and a high price tag. It doesn't help that he had the worse Flyball ratio in the majors. Just doesn't seem like a good fit. Especially with Odalis Perez out there. I also remember Kenny and more specifically Ozzie mentioning ground ball pitchers, so I'm assuming Milton isn't an option.
  16. I don't think Spod is going anywhere. Kenny seems pretty excited with the move and I can't figure they are going to deal him elsewhere.
  17. This means every other team has a shot to claim him. If they don't then he can either opt to become a minor league free agnet or stick with the Sox and not be on the 40 man roster. I'm pretty sure thats how it works.
  18. No, since it is an official PTBNL, they will be acquiring someone most likely not on the Brewers 40 man roster. This means the guy they acquire won't be a part of this. I think this is foreshadowing another move, but we all know another move still has to be made.
  19. Agreed Show...I still say he threw out that name and is actually looking at another pitcher. Although I think the interest would be mutual between Clement and Kenny, the question is price.
  20. Well this frees up a spot on the 40 for a potential signing. I figured Reynoso would be the one to be pulled. If Meaux gets claimed I wish him the best. He should make it to the majors as a back end reliever, eventually.
  21. I definately do. I hope the Sox look at AJ, even if Levine said they probably wouldn't. I think right now the needs are: SP, Catcher and then middle infielder.
  22. Ya, that was Cottsy's best start. Only mistake he made in that game was after keeping Arod in check he gave up like a 3 run homer or grand slam to him. IIRC OF course I watched Neals' first start down in Anaheim...that whole series was ugly.
  23. Ya, Yanks were gonna acquire him along with Elo but decided not to.
  24. Exactly, once he figures out those pitches, which have improved during his time in the majors, he's going to be an even better strikeout pitcher and continue to limit hits. I do think he'll always have a more than average number of walks because he tends to pitch that way, but they should decrease. His control is better then you'd lead to believe, he gets up ahead of a lot of guys and than has trouble putting them away at times. They just continue to foul off his fastball (which they are way behind). As he learns to drop a pitch in the dirt he may get them to chase it cause they are so worried about the fastball. The radar says its 88-90 but the eyes say its 94 due to his release point. He's going to be a good one, but also one of those guys that takes a little more time to develop. We'll see him make big strides this year. However, my feelings on Adkins are that I think he's a journeyman reliever who will have a couple good seasons but you'll never know when those seasons will be. I think he'll bounce around a lot. I also don't think he makes the club and that he's dealt sooner or later. Wish him the best though. My opinion could change if he finds the fastball he had two years ago. But as of now he has little movement and no above average pitch.
  25. With Lawton gone I think one of there priorities, along with adding a starter, is to bring back Ronnie.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.