Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Great Falls White Sox Have Another Rough Week By Evan Solon July 26, 2004 FutureSox.com Great Falls struggles continued this past week as they finished the week with a 3-4 record. Their overall record now stands at 16-19, 4 games out of 1st place. The Sox’ record this week doesn’t indicate, however, how bad they have been playing, especially in regards to the starting pitching. The offense was much better this week than in the last couple of weeks. As a team, the White Sox hit .298 with 28 extra-base hits (10 home runs) in 272 at-bats. However, the Sox only worked 23 walks while striking out 82 times. One player in particular that has really stood out is Josh Hansen. Hansen splits time as a catcher and 1st baseman. This week he hit .500 in 20 at-bats with 3 home runs and 4 RBI. Hansen was selected in the 24th round of the 2004 draft out of the University of San Diego. Donny Lucy performed much better offensively than he did last week, going 5-17 with 4 RBI. Lastly, Ryan McCarthy, the 9th round pick out of UCLA in the 2004 Amateur draft, hit .400 in 16 at-bats. He also had a home run, 4 RBI, and 5 runs. The starting pitching was worse this week than last week, when they went a combined 0-3 with a 4.19 ERA. In 7 games, they had a 1-3 record with a 12.24 ERA in 27.2 innings pitched. On the bright side, that is one more win from the starters then they had the previous week. The pitching was much better, for the most part, once the relievers entered the game. The main standout in relief was Matt Zaleski. Zaleski was the Chicago White Sox 30th round pick out of Indiana State University. On the week, Zaleski pitched 4.2 innings, giving up 0 runs with 5 strikeouts and 0 walks. Other News & Notes: The scheduled starter for tomorrow night was Boone Logan, but he pitched in relief tonight for Great Falls, so Monday night’s starter has yet to be named… David Cook, who was recently sent down from single A Kannapolis, made his debut on July 24th against Casper, going 2-5 with 3 strikeouts… With 2 home games this week, Great Falls is still 2nd in attendance in the Pioneer League, with an average of 3,030 fans per game in 19 home games… Great Falls has 2 games left on their 7 game road trip. They will then go home for 3 games and then start a new 6 game road trip against the Billings Mustangs.
  2. I'm confused, who is knuckle?
  3. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    I think the last line gives leaves a bad taste in the readers mouth. If you want someone to read something, you don't basically insult them if they do not reply, which is exactly what your doing.
  4. Ask and you shall recieve Mike. We can work on it together or you can take it yourself for all I care. If that happens than I can get this piece on Fields finished up
  5. I'll write an article on this question Gimme a day or so.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to Yoda's topic in SLaM
  7. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Haha, Alex edited my sig last night in our battle, so I went with it
  8. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Its alright, DBAHO, Heads, and I agree that it should be the unanimous winner of the thread of the year And your right 2k, we were both definately sober, haha.
  9. Not a clue, I just mention it because he's a rf who is putting up pretty impressive numbers. If I could get anyone it probably be Catalanato, because it gives the Sox a damn good 1-2, imo with Willie and Frank. Both are getting on at a good clip and would move Jose down in the lineup, giving the Sox plenty of power still, plus two left handed bats in the middle portion of the lineup (everett and Jose..well Everett against RHP). Bautista is hitting .310 with 10 HR and 49 RBI. He's a pretty solid defensive outfielder as well. With him due to make 4 mill this year (I'm assuming his contract is up at the end of the year??), he probably has about a mill left and the Dbacks would definately be interested in cutting some payroll. Give up a mid level prospect or two and maybe the Sox could get him.
  10. He would be an awesome two hole hitter and you could even make him an unorthodux leadoff hitter, although I'd disagree with that. It move Jose back into a run producing slot, giving the Sox Harris and Cattalanto at the top of the lineup to set the table for Lee, Everett, Konerko, Valentin which also creates a good mix of lefties and righties. The other nice part about this acquisition, is if Maggs/Thomas come back, he's very useful becuase he can play numerous positions, so he's not just pegged into one slot. I'd love to get him, I just fear that it would cost a lot to get him. However, if the Jays would be interested in someone like Grilli and Ruddy Yan, I'd do it.
  11. Plus, money has never really been an issue when it comes to the Orioles, so they wouldn't just dump him, unless they had another player in the minors that they wanted to open room for or something. I'm not all that familiar with the O's minor leagues, so I got no idea.
  12. He won't go anywhere on the west coast. I think Arizona wants to bring him back and if he goes to LA or San Diego he's going to be likely to reup with them, especially if he's a Padre. Baseball Tonight was saying that the Marlins will offer Jason Stokes and that he'll likely go there. I hope Finley is the first to go and that the Phillies lose out on him. This will make them more likely to give up some good arms to get Benson, keeping him from Minnesota. At the same time, another pitcher definately helps the Phillies shot at getting to the playoffs and at that point going deep.
  13. Perez is not on the block. A young, hard throwing lefty, who is under contract for cheap for a while. He's pretty much one of the lone members of the "untouchable" list in Pittsburgh. Maybe and I mean an extreme maybe, if the Sox took on all of Kendalls contract, could you somehow pry Perez out of there. I should add I see about a 1% chance of that happening.
  14. I'll pass because his contract isn't one worth taking, imo. If the Rockies are willing to give him up for nothing more then a few mid level prospects while paying a small portion of his contract, fine. Wilson is a decent hitter and who knows where his numbers will fall. He has always had the potential to be a very good hitter, if he would shorten his swing and realize the zone, but he has very quick hands. Heck, B.J. Surhoff is scheduled to come off the DL and wouldn't be all that bad of a pickup. He's a veteran outfielder who could do something or maybe the Sox could pick up Jay Gibbons, also scheduled to come of the DL. He's had a really rough year but is a pretty damn good player and who knows, maybe the Orioles are willing to give him up. He could be a good deal cause he could come in and play long term as well.
  15. Both would be great options, but whne it comes to giving up the few prospects left that are tradeable, I think that the Sox should be careful and put them in the area that is most needed. In my opinion Willie can get on base and is a leadoff hitter, so if the Sox are to acquire anything, it would be a semi replacement for Maggs (maybe Danny Bautista), a quality reliever, or a quality starter. Just my 2 cents. However, if they can be had for cheap, thats another story, but I don't think its too likely.
  16. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    Thirded. When it comes to something like this, the name soxtalk.com leads the reader to believe this is something we all unamiously agree with, even if it was a certain incident your citing.
  17. One nice thing about Lidle is that his WHIP of 1.35 is at least respectable. I'd say that could give him a lower ERA. Also, if you look at his splits, he was decent every month but July where he has been atrocious. But it may also be the NL figuring him out, because his opponents average has went up every month. Although he was pretty damn good in 2001 and 2002.
  18. If Benson pitches good and they open up a spot for Morneau in the process of acquiring him, the Twins will have gotten a whole lot better, imo, and I'm not even much of a Benson fan, although he has pitched very well of late. If Lidle comes cheaply its not a bad idea, although I don't know if he's really any better then Scho and the distraction it would cause to have Scho move to the pen may not be worth it, imo.
  19. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    I was looking at google today and saw that. I was like, yes, I'm famous
  20. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    I'll remember not to wear my leather pants to the Sox game
  21. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Steff, my new avatar is for you and the Dog is for Alex
  22. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    All I know is, I'm now completely relieved of all my stress...must of been the marijuana picture that heads put in my sig But I swear, I never inhaled the sig.....
  23. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Alright, this was a blast, but now I'm heading off, gotta get some sleep for work. Some definate laughs were had though Alex...your a funny man, just not quite as funny as me
  24. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Steff...I know you want in
  25. Chisoxfn replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    I guess Heads has learned of my weed powered missiles. They will munchy everyone till their eventual heart attacks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.