Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Soxtalk across the US and the World
Ah the joys of the "business center"
-
Beastly or Mariotti
Going to close this down. I know its meant to be a joke, but I think Beastly understands why some of us were upset with the words of the letter. He's been really improving as a poster. If anyone disagrees, just shoot me a PM.
- Free iPod
-
All-Prospect Team
Blanton - If I recall he hasn't been doing quite as well this year. He's still a pretty good prospect and one thing about stats is you have to remember the PCL is typically a hitters league. Jackson - Been out for a bit with some arm problems. Everything has been reportedly precuationary, although he has struggled in Las Vegas (AAA) this year for the Dodgers. At the same time, when he comes up to the majors he pitches well. Tremendous arm, very young, HIGH upside. I definately rate him as one of the best out there. Greg Miller - I'm pretty sure he's out for the season. Great potential and upside, still quite a bit raw, so more of a questionmark then some of the others mentioned, imo. Imo, Hernandez and Francis are kind of in a league of their own right now, especially Hernandez. He is the top pitching prospect in baseball and has a bright future.
- Rescue Me
-
All-Prospect Team
I'd have McPherson at 3B, although Wright is a freaking stud.
-
7/25 games
Ah yes, my favorite sleeper candidate, Deininger. I sure hope he gets his control down cause I'm telling all of you, he has the stuff to be pretty good.
-
Cerb
Hey Mike, I'm just going to make the post here instead of emailing it to you. But when I release the new site, I want to have one section of the site in terms of general prospect news. How would you like to be the National Minor League Writer? Basically, you got control, but when a top prospect, such as Sizemore gets called up, you write something about the piece. Or if you want to write a piece on a guy you really like, outside of the organization, you do it. Its part of my idea of spreading the site into having both organizational and broader minor league content. To me your the man for the job
-
FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards:
Fields out did Sweeney on the week. Thanks for catching those errors Dan Gray was flat out impressive the hole week. Had a lot of extra base hits, knocked in runs, scored runs.
-
Soxtalk across the US and the World
I know their is one in Nevada and of course a few in North Carolina. And as far as Alabama, Rex is from Bama, plus Baj and Bullard post from Bama.
-
7/25 games
Ya, they really liked him, but he couldn't get over the stuff with his father and I think he missed most of one season with some arm injuries. That year he was slated to be a starter. I think it was his sophmore year.
-
7/25 games
You are correct, but he did make 18 starts in his college career. I just find it odd that a guy with his kind of curve would be relegated to the pen. Then again, its not like many teams could make him a starter as of this point. As long as he gets guys out, he's got a shot to be pretty solid, imo.
-
7/25 games
Thats Matt Nachreiner (spelling?). He's in short season again and has had some good outings. He got roughed up last year and is making some strides this year. Haven't read anything about his knees bothering him as of yet.
-
Jon Garland and Joe Crede
I for one am not giving up. I'd like Crede to shorten his swing and lay off the breaking balls in the dirt. As far as Garland, he was lights out for a pretty long stretch. Now he has had two bad starts in a row, but for the most part kept the team in it at the same time. I have a lot of faith in both of them and wouldn't give up Garland for many people and as far as Crede, would only give him up for an ace that will be here for a while or for a position player that would be here for a while. It goes without saying that the players got in return would have to be very good.
-
7/25 games
Dizard is a guy I really like. I still wonder if the Sox will think about moving him into the rotation at one point. He would of went much earlier in the draft last year had he not had some tough out of baseball things on his mind.
-
Great Falls White Sox Have Another Rough Week
I enjoyed it Evan, nice piece
- 7/24 games
- 7/25 games
-
FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards:
Thanks, It was really hard this week. Aaron McNeal had a great week too, so did Sweeney, Fields, Nelson, Valdez offensively. Pitching wise, it was hard to overlook Bullard. He pitched awesome relief in one game, then went 7 innings in a starter later in the week. Baj and Sanders were awesome out of the pen for Charlotte as well. And Dan, since I wasn't online this week, I'm waiting to know whether I made a better call this time around
-
FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards:
FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards: July 18th - 24th By Jason Gage July 26, 2004 FutureSox.com FutureSox.com’s hitter of the week award will go to Kannapolis Intimidators’ second baseman Antoin Gray. The pitcher of the week award will be given to Charlotte Knights pitchers Josh Stewart and Felix Diaz. This week’s performers excelled statistically and have earned this honor. This award is for the games from July 18th, 2004 to July 24th, 2004. Both awards were co-awards this week...MORE
-
Expos' New Name
Generals Bills Crooks Diplomats
-
What do you guys think of.......
Gracious
-
Corey Lidle?
Remember, this is just what Offman is saying. No reason to take that as the truth, especially since KW of all people basically dropped Randy Johnson's name and I don't think he'd do that unless he really considers him an option. KW isn't one to go around talking about things getting done. He's usually very quiet about things and it leads to a lot of speculation, especially because he is such an agressive GM.
-
My Letter
To me the one difference is, this is being sent to Sox managment and in no way do I want them to look down upon this site. This site is affiliated with FutureSox, which has credentials with the minor league teams, and is working on setting up a few things with some people that are affiliated with the minor leagues but considered with the parent club. Otherwise, I typically could care less what someone outside the board thinks.
-
My Letter
I think the only reason I didn't like the use of soxtalk.com is because the close made the whole letter absolutely brutal, like I mentioned above. It is foolish to attack or insult the person your expecting to do something and although he never once said this is the opinion of soxtalk.com, the reader will see, soxtalk.com and make assumptions based on that.