Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I remember their were quite a few people at the beginning of the year thinking that was a great sign (The Everett one). Geeze....you whine about Everetts contract and then go on and on how the SOx should acquire Larry Walker's??????
  2. Nah, Schnur had a better average and only struck out 3 times in one game. Other than that he flat out raked the ball. He may not of had the run production, but he's also on a 16 game hit streak, which to me gives the nod over Sweeney. As far as Rodriguez goes, his one start was very good, while his other start was alright. Their weren't that many options and I'm sure their will be some weeks where their are quite a few deserving players.
  3. Chisoxfn replied to Yoda's topic in SLaM
    Cripes, 52 million, thats freaking huge for an opening. I don't know about anyone else, but the two movies I really want to see are still coming out...Bourne Supremacy and the Village.
  4. Exactly...plus the Sox typically are pretty quiet about stuff. If its a bidding war, the Sox stand no chance unless they give up Garland...but I'll be really mad if that happens. If they want Garland, I'd turn my attention elsewhere if I were KW and try to pick up someone like Miguel Batista or maybe take a chance on Benson if the Pirates are willing to give him up for nothing. We all know how much it kills me to even mention Benson's name.
  5. He throws 95 and has the shot to be a quality reliever, but arm doesn't mean too much. Their are tons and tons and tons of guys with great arms that don't pan out. As far as Rauch goes, he would never amount to anything if he stayed in Chicago. He may turn into a decent 4 or 5 somewhere else (I doubt it), but regardless of the fact, it wasn't happening in Chicago, so Im' glad the Sox got something of value for him. Majewski is a relief prospect and the Sox have a lot of other guys producing, although I don't think any of them have as good of an arm. But I am probably the person highest on Majewski. One thing to watch is that none of the other organizations he's ever been on have thought to highly of him. Like Cheat said, he may just find a way back to Chicago before its all set or done. This also opens up a spot on the 40 man roster.
  6. Plus, they have him at 3.5 mill next year. Considering Thomas has his optoin and Maggs could be gone, thats a pretty damn good insurance plan. Maybe he's hurt and struggles, but Everett is more then capable of putting up some pretty good numbers. Heck, at the very least this could once again force Thomas to accept his option rather then hoping the Sox accept the team option. Another thing on Beltran is, I got to be honest, I don't think the SOx have the major league prospects to make a deal for a high end player. I think they have a whole lot of lower level talent, plus Brian Anderson, Joe Borchard, and Ryan Sweeney...thats about it. Their higher level pitching prospects, Honel and Wing, are hurt and now they have guys like Tracey, Bmac, Haig, Rodriguez, Flores, Brian Miller, etc. The thing is these guys are all long ways off and teams aren't usually willing to trade top superstar players for low a or high a prospects, unless they are the very best. While the Sox system is thin now, in a year or two, it could be pretty high, especially because I think they did an oustanding job in this years draft and I liked last years draft as well. However, they have a lot of guys that could contribute, but are off. The only pitching prospect that could be given up is Neal Cotts, and I think he's got a shot to be a real good one. Jon Rauch = No Chance in the Sox system Majewski = Quality reliever Everett = Former all star, who played very well last year for Chicago. Players are familiar with him, provides left handed pop against RHP, and hustles. Good baserunner, good OBP, good power (when healthy). KW seems to think he's heatlhy and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, I don't want to see Anderson dealt for someone like Beltran...he's one guy that is absolutely untradeable. He may just be in Chicago next year.
  7. I think the key was the Sox were able to get him without significantly adding payroll of giving up anyone on the major league roster. To get Finely I got a feeling a team is going to give up a top prospect and I don't know if thats worth it, when you could get Everett (who is capable of putting up very good numbers) at a lesser price. And for Beltran, its gonna cost someone like Brian Anderson, a top pitching prospect (Sox don't really have any at the higher levels, imo), and then some.
  8. Dang, doesn't sound too bad. They aren't paying him much anything, which means the Sox still have the ability to add another pitcher or catcher.
  9. Another fantastic job on creating a new header for the site following an acquisition. You rock
  10. They still have a shot, but a pretty rare one, imo. The price just seems too steep at this point and if KW gives them Garland, I'll be insanely pissed.
  11. FutureSox.com Player of the Week Awards: July 11th-17th By Jason Gage (With Help from Danny Santaromita) July 18, 2004 FutureSox.com FutureSox.com proudly presents another new feature in the continued pursuit towards being the best minor league site on the internet. The players of the week will feature one pitcher and one hitter each week from the Sox system. This honor is based solely on stats. The award will be announced every Sunday for the rest of the season...More
  12. Hey dasox, u get my email?
  13. Plus you heard what Champion said about Rauch....not so nice words
  14. I'd say he should be up, hopefully his groin is starting to feel better, especially with the promotion a possibility.
  15. Agreed, that or seeing the Sox acquire another starter. With Everett on his way, the only additions I see left should be pitching wise. The catchers aren't great, but they are all solid behind the plate, and frankly, the rest of the offense should be able to do alright. Pitching on the other hand, you can never have too much of.
  16. Your good, cause you have at least one guy still in the system . Going to put it up as the main story later today.
  17. Numbers wise, no, but upside wise, I think their are quite a few teams that would love to get a hold of his arm and see what they could do.
  18. And the Sox got one of their worse. I hope Scho can get his ass back on a roll.
  19. Alright, he's back on the mound again, huh? I swear the last BA I was in I was going through minor league stats (of the other teams) and saw him with only a few games. I do know in the limited action he saw he was kicking some butt.
  20. I'm not about to panic. The team has some solid starters, good bats, and is playing banged up right now. Once Maggs gets his timing back and with Everett in the lineup, this team should do better. I do think Willie needs to be playing everyday at the top of the order. He can really set things up and I think could fire the Sox back into an offensive attack, mixed with the other bats. The Sox play poorly in Oakland, I'm glad to see them out of there. Texas will be tough though, especially with Scho pitching out their. It will be key to get good pitching, but the Sox will also have to get out of that offensive funk as well as play good baseball. Rangers are a good ballclub. I'd like to see them finish this road trip strongly.
  21. Hey Spiff, you want your Jurassic Carl sig back. When I was on the roadtrip Ian noticed I had it on my computer still.
  22. Thats been killing me all year. If their is one thing I hate as much as walks (by Sox pitchers) its when a team goes out and scores run and then your starter goes right back and lets the team right back in it. To me nothing is bigger then the starter going right back out their and shutting down the team. Elo hasn't done that at all this year. Thanks Cheat for pointing that out. I noticed it, but didn't realize it was that dramatic.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.