Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
7/21 Games
Rogowksi just hit a RBI double to make it 6-4 Winston Salem and Josh Fields followed it up with an RBI single to make it 7-4. It appears that McCarthy will be coming out for the 7th inning. Sweeney is now up and he is 1-3 on the game.
-
Rob Purvis Promoted to Birmingham
Rob Purvis Promoted to Birmingham By Jason Gage July 21, 2004 FutureSox.com Earlier today the Barons activated outfielder Scott Bikowski from the disabled list, while sending DH Brian Becker back to Winston Salem. The Barons still had an open roster spot though, resulting from the promotion of Jeff Bajenaru to Charlotte and Rob Purvis got the call from Winston Salem. Purvis has spent the entire year with the Warthogs where he has pitched as both a starter and reliever. He has pitched in 34 games on the season with the Hogs, making 6 starts, going 4-5 with a 4.89 ERA. Purvis has given up 93 hits in 77.1 innings. Purvis was a 1st round selection in the 1999 amateur draft out of Bradley University. He spent parts of 2002 and 2003 with the Barons, but struggled both times. Purvis will be one of the long relievers in the Barons pen while Matt Smith has taken over the vacated closers spot (was Bajenaru's spot). Smith had been closing for the Barons prior to Bajenaru's promotion, while Bajenaru was nursing a sore groin. Notes: Scott Bikowski went 3-4 with a run in his first game back with the Barons since being activated from the disabled list. Brian Anderson went 1-4 in the game with a 3 run homer, his 3rd since joining the Barons. Anderson is hitting .304 with the Barons. Eduardo Villacis pitched 5.2 innings and got a no decision while Brian McNichol finished the game off to get the win (3.1 INN, 1 H, 0 R). First round pick Josh Fields has homered in the Warthogs game (in progress) and also singled. Brandon McCarthy is on pace to get the win in the game.
-
Everett and the dinosaurs
Ya...hell, we should have a whole episode of "Soxtalk: Jurassic Carl" just to straighten out the issue
-
7/21 Games
Oh I fully agree with you. He can go get em in center and one thing I know is that I'll be really pissed if the Sox deal him. With all the things he can do, and the way he's coming along (I expected him to come along much more slowly) he needs to be untouchable. I also am really excited to see Sweeney in his groove. Sweeney has a shot to be Top 100 if he finishes the year strong. I think all his early hype will help him out as well, but he's got to finish strong and continue to improve on driving the ball. The fact that he'll be in AA next year at such a young age says a lot about Ryan. This is assuming he stays healthy and continues to grow.
-
03 Sig Hall of Fame
Oh ya, its great to be special and part of the secret committe, I'm sure I've been fired from this years though
-
KONERKO SIG
Thats hillarious...but like 2k said, if thats your sig, make sure your shrink it up God, is that funny though
-
7/21 Games
Anderson is also really developing his power. I'd say Anderson will be in the top 100 prospects in all of baseball next year.
-
Glazed donut frozen beverage
Glazed flavored drink...that just sounds awful.
-
Scott Bikowski Activated; Becker Sent to WS
Rex is the man
-
7/20 games
All I know is I'm glad Evan is interested in Great Falls, cause he can fill me in what I miss every week cause I just look at what the high picks are doing pretty much. I just don't have much interest when its that low, other then the guys who are touted with high upside. I mean its such a long way up, I start to follow guys from Kanny on usually.
-
Interview With Brandon McCarthy
If anyone here is curious...he is starting tonight and you can listen to the audio here
-
Interview With Brandon McCarthy
LMAO...I didn't notice that..fixed the 7 from the headline
-
Scott Bikowski Activated; Becker Sent to WS
oops, meant to say Winston Salem. I fixed it too, but probably later then you. I also just added some news and notes to the piece
-
7/20 games
Don't count out Hankins. He is a very good hitter and has been very impressive behind the plate, especially considering this is his first year. Since becoming an everyday player with the Knights, he has flat out raked.
-
Top prospects in baseball
Dallas McPherson...30 HR and 94 RBI and the season isn't even over yet. Those are his numbers between AA and AAA this year....absolutely sick. You wonder why Glaus will be gone at the end of the year (regardless of his injyr).
-
Interview With Brandon McCarthy
I don't know...It was the first time I used this recorder and I have never converted something to a wave file. I think I'm going to learn how to make it a little smaller and figure out how to convert it to a real audio clip. I will admit, I was nervous for this interview...it was the first one I'd ever done and the same can be said for Mike.
-
Scott Bikowski Activated; Becker Sent to WS
Bikowski Activated; Becker Sent to Winston Salem By Jason Gage July 21, 2004 FutureSox.com The Birmingham Barons activated outfielder Scott Bikowski on Wednesday. Bikowski started the year with the Knights after hitting .312 with the Barons over 116 games last year. Bikowski had a rough start with the Knights though, hitting .197 in 21 games, and was eventually sent back to Birmingham. Bikowski partially found his stroke with the Barons, where he has hit .269 with 3 HR and 18 RBI. He also has a .383 OBP. Brian Becker on the other hand clobbered the ball for the Warthogs prior to being promoted to Birmingham. Becker was hitting .310 with 12 HR and 41 RBI with the Warthogs where he got the bulk of his playing time at DH. Becker hit .237 with 4 HR and 17 RBI in 25 games with the Barons. The Barons roster stands with one open slot, resulting from Bajenaru's promotion to Charlotte. Expect the Barons to add a pitcher in the coming day, although, their is also the possibility that Aaron McNeal or Casey Rogowski could find their way to Birmingham. News and Notes: Former Barons pitcher and current Knights closer Jeff Bajenaru has excelled since being thrown in the fire as the Knights closer. Bajenaru has closed out both games since his promotion and has yet to give up a run. He has given up 2 hits, while striking out one. Bajenaru is suffering from a strained groin, but the injury appears to be subsiding. Intimidators 3rd baseman Micah Schnurstein had his hitting streak snapped at 17 games on Monday. Schnurstein was hitting .429 (30-70) during the streak. Ryan Sweeney is the latest farmhand to be on a tear. Sweeney has seen his average rise .28 points (from .252 on June 27th). He is now hitting .280 on the season.
-
7/20 games
I'm not much of a fan of McNeal after watching him. All he does is go up and try to pull the ball. I sure hope McNeal doesn't somehow take a spot from Rogowski. He really needs to be up in AA.
-
Lays or Jays
Ya, I was going what the hell are they.
-
This is fucked up.
Well I know it was on the very last page of the LA Times and that CNN has mentioned nothing about it. CNN is on at the place my friend works at and I usually am in their in the morning and watch the morning news their and I heard nothing of the sort on it there. I was also talking to some friends that watch CNN a lot and they were shocked when I told them this story.
-
Interview With Brandon McCarthy
FutureSox.com's Interview with Brandon McCarthy Interview Done by Jason Gage and Mike Doyle FutureSox.com Winston Salem, NC - On Friday July 9th, FutureSox.com visited with recently promoted Warthogs pitcher Brandon McCarthy at Ernie Shore Field. Brandon McCarthy was the ace of the Intimidators staff all year and is a near consensus pick by FutureSox.com as the White Sox top pitching prospect...More
-
This is fucked up.
Bulls***...I noticed Fox News was practically the only media outlet to cover the whole Sandy Berger controversy, which may I say is freaking disgusting. I'm sorry it was an honest mistake...for christ sake he was stuffing the documents in his pants and socks and their are witnesses to prove it. Its absolutely ridiculous that this isn't getting aired because for the past few days its been one of the biggest stories out their. This is a guy that was the National Security adviser under Bill CLinton. He was in the archives looking at all the September 11th documents and was caught stuffing stuff down his pants and socks. They are still investigating the whole thing, but this is a pretty big situation. This is someone going into national security archives and removing documents. He has now returned some of the documents, while others are still missing.
-
Overpaying yet again
In regards to Olivo, I have thought it was scary that some of the Sox pitchers didn't want to pitch to him, especially considering he had a rocket arm, you would of figured at the very least they liked that. I think Miguel regressed this year defensively. I think he has the chance to be good, but I do think we overhype him quite a bit. Personally, I'd rather have Brian Schneider and I do think he can be replaced, the question is will anyone step up and earn the catcher spot this year (doubt it).
-
Overpaying yet again
Ya, thats fine and dandy now that he's with the team, but not with him out in FA. The Sox will already be pushing to get Maggs resigned, maybe trying to get Elo resigned and hammering out a whole lot of other things, plus I believe that Garcia would of ended up getting a pretty ridiculous offer had he been out on the FA market. And I stick to my sentiments, Sox don't get in bidding wars, especially with pitchers, so I see 1% chance that they would of done much anything had they not acquired him now.
-
7/20 games
All I know is Rogo can't continue to be stuck in Winston Salem, its time for the Sox to see what he can do in AA.