Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Oh I remember and I remember disagreeing with everyone on this issue. Jimenez is one of the better 2nd basemans in baseball. Not the best, but he was a bargain at what the Sox were paying him, imo.
  2. I am curious who has a sleeper prospect that they think will come out and really position himself to be heralded as a top prospect. Last season I think we can safely say that Pacheco came out of nowhere, this year who does everyone thing it is? I'm curious cause I'm working on an article write now for FS where I'm going to discuss a few potential sleepers that I've noticed. If you consider Orionny Lopez a sleeper still (we have him ranked pretty high on our Top 50 list that will be coming out in the next 10 days or so) then he's my pick. But for a more realistic sleeper (not named Fabio Castro, who I think will be a stud) I am going to go with James Casey who was the 7th round pick last season for the White Sox. He was taken out of high school and played with Bristol last season where he went 2-2 with a 4.28 ERA in 10 games (6 starts). Over 40 innings he gave up 35 hits while striking out 41. He was a two way player (Baseball and Football in high school). From FutureSox's Draft Review
  3. If Guillen can get the results that Baker does, I don't give a damn what he says.
  4. I will definately root for Willie and Aaron. Like Beebee mentions, they were nothing but classy in the way they handled their promotion. I will also constantly say that Jimenez was a superior player to Aaron Miles. Sorry, but I still don't know why the Sox dealt him. Jimenez is a quality player and while he may have some alternate issues he was an incredibly smart player and some things he did were blown way out of proportion, imo. I think Harris will turn into a solid player. He's never gotten any playing time and I hope Guillen just lets him relax and play, once that happens I think we'll see Harris play pretty damn good. I also disagree on Hawk for saying him bunting too much hurt him. My butt, he should be able to bunt for a hit a few times a week as a starter and that will bring the infielders in, making the holes bigger in the infield, so if he does slap the ball, he'll have a greater shot of it being a hit. I do wish he could spend a year in the 9 hole, but that doesn't look like an option.
  5. Ozzie can say whatever he wants to say about the cubs, as far as I'm concerned. I think he's said some dumb things, but this wasn't one of his dumber things. This may piss off the cubs, but oh well, big damn deal, they aren't in our division and therefor, to me aren't the Sox biggest rival (I know I fall in the minority on that stance). I just hope Ozzie does a hell of a job and that this team makes the playoffs. I think there is a chance it could happen. I'm just going to wait for spring training and anticipate the start of the season. I'm just ready for some baseball.
  6. In my book he should still be on the list, ahead of Young, ahead of Takatsu, and potentially in a year ahead of Wing (whom most people know I like a lot as a prospect). I got a feeling that Brandon will round out and end up having a consistent mid 90's fastball as he fills out. But that isn't a necessity. By the way, welcome aboard
  7. My plan is in the next month or two get myself set up so I can do loans out of my house. That way I won't have to or rarely will have to go to the office.
  8. I think Oakland goes with Fitzgerald, but Roethsberger would be the better selection so I picked him.
  9. Ya, our list definately looks comparable Cerb. Of course I disagree with you on Rauch I don't think Rauch deserves to be too high, but thats me. I've not heard good things about him at all, but I hope he proves me wrong. I also agree that Young is over-rated. Yes, he has upside, but at the same time someone like Valido or McCarthy to me have even more upside.
  10. Happy Birthday 420 and I definately feel for ya about that whole restaurant thing. Hope you had a great one
  11. They should take Eli Manning, but they will take Robert Gallery.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to Rauch611's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Thats pretty cool, Kris Honel has a journal on there.
  13. Those are freaking sweet Cheat . Got my first day of school so I got to get my ass to sleep, but I'm definately gonna put those in my sig tomorrow. Awesome stuff
  14. Chisoxfn replied to a post in a topic in SLaM
    Its not beastly. This poster is gone though...great work Ian and Alex. And Mario did a great job last night busting some trolls.
  15. Have you seen Heads
  16. Garland has to be a product of our system. He was looked at as a bust when he was in the Cubs organization and the Sox turned him around.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    Good luck Chisoxy
  18. I forgot how I found it Congrats
  19. Because he doesn't have the cash to run a club. He has one piece of land that he bought for a million bucks which he has been in legal fights over since then. If he was a sucessful businessman who built it, I'd say different and he could prove me wrong, but I just don't think he really wants it. Hiring Gillick would be a step in the right direction though, although I believe he is also motivated by the land that he gets with this deal. To me thats what makes the Dodgers an absolute steal.
  20. Happy Bday Bones
  21. I'd like that proposed deal 61382
  22. Thats why Elo would be between them, although I hold steadfast in my thoughts that they are not identical pitchers. Washburn almost soley throws the fastball and variations of the fastball, while Buehrle throws quite a few different pitches. I don't see a problem in having the two of them in the rotation, I see that as a good thing.
  23. Thats why the Dodgesr are such a bargain. You could buy the team, move them downtown in a few years with a publicly financed stadium and then he owns all that land, which is worth a few hundred million bucks and he's essentially paid for the Dodgers right there. Thats why I would of bought the Dodgers.
  24. LMAO...well if things go right the Patriots (My Preseason Pick) will win it all I still think the owners are morons for accepting McCourts bid.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.