Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Cleveland Indians and Gay Porn
Ownership of the Sox and maybe I'd listen . Although deep down I just don't think I could. Have nothing against people who do though. And wasn't this article pretty old? I rember, I think it was Cerb, posted this back when they signed him.
-
Work question...
Well if it was a cocktail lunch and he gets in an accident, the company is who is ultimately liable. But since it wasn't that, they should still handle things and take care of it. Get him a cab, take him home, dock him the pay for the day and write him up. One more time and he's fired.
-
The God thread
I think essentially we've had the same amount of water for quite a long time, although I thought historically they do believe their is evidence of a major flood. I know through differentiation, maybe very early, we could of had more water and it would of continued to evaporate into space. But once the planet differentiated enough an atmosphere was created and the gravitational pull was enough to keep the atmosphere together. Geologists theororize (horrible spelling on that) that many of the planets originally had water and even potentially oxygen, but that the gravity was to the opint that it would evaporate into space but sine we developed an atmosphere, it was able to stay in.
-
ISA agreement with the Sox..
I think some of those listed will occur this offseason and others will occur next offseason. I know that one of the big renovations next offseason will likely be the addition of a home run porch, which will add to the stadium's capacity, since this year it will be much lower since they are removing many of the seats in the upper deck in an attempt to make the stadium feel more cozy. From everything people have said, the stadium is coming along really nice and Welcome Aboard
-
KW on the radio
I completely agree on your comparison of hitters and pitchers. I truly feel a good hitter could be ready at an early stage. In Bocrhards case, you know the Sox are dissapointed he isn't already here. I don't think they envisioned the flaws in his swing to hold him back. I think they hoped they could bring him to the show and continue to work his flaws out at the major league level. The problem was the flaws were too severe and he simply needed more work then they expected. This guy has put up some pretty damn impressive numbers though and if he is making strides then he could be due to turn things around this year and get a few months in with the Sox later in the season. I completely agree though, its much easier for a hitter to learn on the fly then a pitcher.
-
KW on the radio
But remember Rowand was effective in his partial season. So were some of the Sox pitchers, kip Wells looked great in his first stint up, then he hit some really rough times. I Think it all depends, but the Indians were able to do a great job moving veterans for really good prospects, like when they made the Colon and Alomar deals. The Sox could do that, but they don't want to rebuild, they want to slowly let in more talent and move it up and KW feels he wants the prospects to develop longer (His thinking is the prior prospects fuzzled cause they had a lot of pressure on them as well as not enough seasoning in the minors; he wants the guys to be mature and ready). While that means guys may make it to the majors longer, it could mean they are more productive right out of the gate. Its kind of all wait and see, although I will say the system is looking really strong in the lower levels.
-
KW on the radio
While Cleveland looks to be reloading, you still have to see what develops. WIll they keep taking steps forward or will they start taking steps backwards. In Crede's case you have to remember he was never given the opportunity, although I think many of us believe he could of came up and contributed earlier. Some teams develop prospects slower, depends on the type of playesr you have. Look at someone like Reed, right now he's jumping through the system. Hopefully that jump continues, but certain guys escalate at different rates and you have to let those guys get better at their pace, cause there is nothing you can really do about it, other then continue to coach them, etc. Borchard was very raw. I think everyone is dissapointed at him, but every team is dissapointed at a few prospects each year.
-
Sox Top 10 Prospects
Hey Baj, you know we'll be pulling for ya. In your opinion what is the one part of your game that you feel is your strongest asset and which do you think is your weakest. And as far as Bullard goes, I think this could be a big time year for him. The Sox obviously have their lefties set up this year, but after this, you have Wunsch who will probably be let go and then the Sox will have Marte and Munoz, assuming Arnie is the real deal which will open up a slot for a lefty next year. Considering how Jim could fit in as a sport starter, lefty reliever in the pen, it could give him a nose up on what looks to be his other competitor, Dave Sanders. So are ya getting excited for Arizona Baj?
-
Fizer for Ely?
I'd love that deal. Whether its Jaric or Ely they are getting pretty solid players in return and Fizer is in a logjam position and plays no defense and is an absolute ball hog. Fizer has always been a guy I liked, but I think he needs a change of scenery. And Ely has mega upside, although I think he's had some back problems. Jaric is a big point/shooting guard and he is rather productive.
-
Note to self
ICY Hot = Painful. THis reminds me of my buddy that we dared into nairing his huevos. He couldn't walk for a week
-
Got $18,138???
I'm the same way. I just couldn't do it. I'd prefer something more meaningful, but thats me. And whoever brought up the two night stands
-
KW on the radio
Thanks Jim, sounds like a very good interview.
-
Got $18,138???
Well, the only way I know how to get free sex is just at parties. It just depends on peoples values, but if you want it and don't have anything against one night stands, it can be done.
-
Got $18,138???
Pathetic...why not just go to Vegas and hit up a brothel If she can get the money, more power to her I guess, but if that were my daughter, i'd be disgusted. Oh ya, and anyone willing to pay that much for sex is purely pathetic. You should be able to get it for free or at a minimum the expense of a few dates.
-
Part of Patriot Act
The Patriot Act is a bunch of garbage. I don't agree with Apu much on politics, but this Act should never be re-passed (it comes up in 05 or 06 right???). Maybe a variation of it, but no one, at least not someone entitle to the rights that made this country great, the rights that our fore-fathers died for, should be taken away without their friends, family and relatives knowing where they are or at least knowing what happened to them. Whats next, re-instating the quartering act so we can have troops on every corner, just in case. I'm big on the anti terrorist fight, but to me the Patriot Act destroys what our ancestors fought so hard for back in the late 1700's (Well, not my ancestor, he was a general for the Brits ).
-
The movie Blow
I caught it in the movie theatres.
-
The God thread
Well what she said But cockroaches, while vile, are one of the most adaptive creaches out there. Not saying that means they are smart or that we could communicate with them, they are just such a basic species with massive reproduction and other things. For whatever reason I thought it was ants that could survive nuclear bombs and such, but maybe I'm wrong.
- The movie Blow
- The God thread
-
My adventure in Graphics class...
For something like that, I'd get your butt to the doctor and make sure everything is alright, cause that sounds like it could be relatively serious. Even if its mild radioactive poisoning or whatever, I'd still get it checked out.
-
Dreams
I've always thought it would be a good idea if a blind person somehow drew artwork of their dreams, just to get a look into how they see the world.
-
Chat
login and give it about 30 seconds, usually it takes a bit to load in.
-
My 1st round mock draft
Except Jones is supposed to be able to run a sub 4.5 when healthy. Right now he's little over that, but not much and he's still recovering. Greg Jones in the 2nd and Boulware in the 3rd are two things I'm hoping for. If the Bears go Jones in the 1st, then I hope for Clayton in the 2nd and Boulware in the 3rd. I should add that I feel they will sign a dt, ot, and cb.
-
Sox Top 10 Prospects
Well I don't think Clint King makes anyones top 10 (Thats not me saying he won't be good, but he won't be slotted that high). I will say this, the Sox have a lot of guys in the organization that probably won't make the top 20 this year or even top 30, but they have very high ceilings and with production and development they'll really shoot up the charts. I know futuresox's top 50 will probably look a whole lot different then last years, but more specifically I think some guys will be slotted a lot different then BA's. We just finalized our entire order and it was really difficult, but what I realized is guys in lower levels always have more potential, simply because they haven't had the time to prove themselves. Once they are in the system a year or two they either prove whether they are for real and when they aren't. Of course I think the lower levels look very strong right now and as next season starts I have noticed a few guys that I'm going to list as sleepers in an article in a few weeks.
-
Hoover Met Undergoes Facelift
I saw the pics and I noticed all the turf was off. Should make the field a lot nicer or at least their explanation makes it seem that way. I know last year the Warthogs did some work on that aspect.