Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Arod Deal will happen, Mags going to be traded
I like Munoz a whole lot. I still don't see how the Red Sox could get a prospect out of the Sox in this deal. Screw that...just say no.
-
Who will win the Al central
Unfortunately right now I see hte Sox as finishing between 3rd and 4th. And ask anyone, I'm about as optimistic as it gets....usually.
-
Arod Deal will happen, Mags going to be traded
Ya...or just use Rauch to land Williamson and forget about Nomah.
-
Ms extend Ichiro for 4 more years
Thats why the Twins were geniuses for getting Carlos Silva for Milton. Milton was useless, he didn't do anything for the Twins last year. The Twins GM is doing a hell of a job, considering the billionaire is telling him to cut all that payroll. He has added Nathan, Silva and others, kept Stewart and just needs to find a starter or two.
-
Welcome to all the new Members
Welcome aboard and I wish SoxNet was still up...but like I say, there could be something in the works eventually...but not until the stuff that caused Soxnet to be closed is cleared up.
-
Arod Deal will happen, Mags going to be traded
If they give up Cotts and Wright they are fools, cause those guys would be who the Sox would have to count on as the 4th and 5th considering they aren't going to add anymore starters after this deal, unless they somehow decide they want to add payroll.
-
Am I the only one happy?
I'd rather keep Maggs and Cotts because you have a much better shot at keeping Maggs long term. I like Maggs, if they were willing to add Nomar and spend money on pitching fine, but that didn't appear to be the case. If you can't get two stud prospects for Maggs, then keep him, imo. Nomar is a bit over-rated and if he isn't going to sign, then screw it. I'd love Nomar here for long term, but I don't think its gonna happen nor do I think the Sox will compete if they are paying him 15 mil a year long term, unless they plan on really upping payroll.
-
Ms extend Ichiro for 4 more years
Eric Milton makes 9 mill this year. Ichiro was asking for 15 mil a season...the Mariners were offering 8-10 mill a season, but I have no idea what he signed for. Thats what i heard on ESPNnews yesterday. I'd guess 11-12 mill a year.
-
Bears send 3 to Honalulu
Zoom and Tillman are the only Bears that would of deserved to go. Urlacher was alright, but he's nowhere near the best out there right now. And Kreutz, while a leader, has been downhill the past two years.
-
Valpo
Typical Cerb...always injured or sick.
-
NFL Jerseys, help!!!!!
Where can I get a Grossman jersey at a nice price????
-
Soxfest gathering?
Hangar is a great guy...only met him twice when he was out in LA, but he set up a little Sox fan gathering befor the Dodger Sox games, but he's a real nice guy. and a big time Sox fan.
-
Buck Fud!!
When Ken Williams was hired to be the GM, when Dan Evans thought he was the next in line.
-
Buck Fud!!
It was the Union that ended this deal and I personally got a feeling the Sox don't get Nomar.
-
Selig Halts Talks
I think this is a good move. They can't let them take month after month to do this when its holding up so many things.
-
Jackson scouting report
I was comparing him to Johnson soley in the fact that he's the most dominant lefty I can think of. His velocity is a bit better then Zito and Mulder so I didn't want to mention there names. He's dominant in another fashion, although I could care less if my pitcher is craft dominant or nasty dominant...one has hard stuff and dominates, the other softer stuff. He could be a front line lefty, which is really difficult to find and my fascination will Edwin Jackson is there. This guy will be absolutely dynamite. His fastball just jumps at ya and his secondary pitches have some exceptional movement as well.
-
Dodgers moving on don't want nomar
Pitching at the deadline will do the Sox no good, because without a rotation they are gonna be toast long before the deadline. If they stand pat on their bullpen and rotation its going to be ugly. And if they are going to do that and deal Dan Wright or Neil Cotts in this deal it will be UGLIER.
-
Jackson scouting report
Yes I would. These guys are legit studs. Its not like the overhyped stuff we have had. Some prospects are overhyped, others aren't. KW doesn't overhype prospects so I don't believe we have any prospect overhyped right now. And ya, they are way better then Ruffcorn...these guys stuff is flat out electric. You could seriously compare Miller to Randy Johnson (Minus the height) in the terms of the kind of pitcher he could become. I'm not one to overhype prospetcs, I think Rauch is mediocre and I think a lot of the Sox prospects are mediocre.
-
Dodgers moving on don't want nomar
Just tell me where they get the pitching.
-
Jackson scouting report
Folks him and Miller would be the best pitching prospects the Sox have seen in the past 10 years, mark my words on that. They are like 2 levels above Honel if you ask me. The ball just jumps out of Jackson's hand and when you see him pitch your just like oh s***.
-
Neil Cotts
Just keep Magglio and deal him to the Dodgers.
-
Soxtalk Server
I think its a definate possibility. Just imagine the Sox winning the series
-
More on Koch to the Mets....
Same with me, but why would the Mets do that.
-
Angels a player in Nomar deal?
I'd prefer the Washburn, Krod, top prospect deal if the Angels were willing. Thats the best deal out there imo. Krod is incredibly young and hte Sox would have his rights for a while. Washburn is entering his prime and is a proven American League starter and the Angels have some good pitching prospects to offer...although I don't think they'll give up Bobby Jenks an arm I've always wanted to see the Sox get. I'd also right off the chances of getting their top 3rd base prospect and catching prospects as well as Casey Kotchman. If they got Kotchman in that deal, I'd be stunned. I think it would be something more like Joe Torres or one of their solid potential AAA arms. My personal opinion Washburn > Perez Krod > Mota (Mota 30; Krod like 22 and has less service time) Dodgers Top Pitching Prospects > Angels Top Pitching Prospects
-
jose trade dead?
Peter Gammons, ESPN Radio and I think the score.