Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I think it will be on a national level. Well, national in the sense that if you have the ability to pull in outside sports channels you should be able to get this one. And national in the sense that if you have MLB XTRA Innings you should be able to get the games on this channel. I know that when the Orioles games are on Comcast I get the games on XTRA Innings, so I don't see how this would be any different.
  2. Supposedly, they would offer it, with him promising to decline it. Seems risky, but it was what they were planning to do with Roberto, until the brad press came out yesterday and today. Seems like a good idea. I wonder if that happens a lot, my guess is it does. This way the Sox still have time to negotiate and Everett can go other places. The problem is, Everett now has suitors worrying about losing a draft pick since he's a type A free agent or at least I think he is.
  3. This would be dependient on him promising to decline the arbitration. They were considering doing this for Roberto Alomar, but no don't consider it a possibility because the two sides have come apart. Like I've said all along, I think Williams wouldn't mind moving Magglio and Carlos Lee to free up room for pitching as well as bring a leadoff guy and another pitcher or two and some prospects in return and more importantly payroll relief which will allow him to bring in some patchwork guys..ie Carl Everett, Juan Gonzalez, Brian Daubach, whomever and then he has money to add relievers, get pitchers, and take advantage of picking up someone elses salary dump for a change. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jose, Magglio, Carlos, Paulie, and Koch all gone. I know it seems far fetched, but I just think Kenny has this idea in his head to put together a stellar pitching staff, and then mix his youngsters with some scrappy vets that can still play and go with that as his lineup. I think after the dissapointment of last season, he's decided to go a whole new way.
  4. As long as the ugly patchwork isn't occuring with the pitching staff, then I got no problems with it.
  5. My guess is Gonzalez doesn't get that much. He's productive but hasn't been able to play many full seasons and at this stage in the game I see him getting a one or two year offer at 4 mill or less per year. Thats just a guess, but the market is nowhere near what it used to be. Some guys will go high, the rest will go low and no many in between, imo.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Sliders????
  7. Or go into one of the worse freaking areas in LA. Thats why a lot of people wouldn't go to Raiders gams.
  8. USC is pretty talented. Will they beat OU, I have no idea. I don't think either LSU or USC would, but I think USC would have the best shot. They have a pretty solid defense and their qb, Leinhart (However you spell it) is a stud.
  9. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    That reminds me of all those lame ass commercials
  10. Whats Kids in the All...its freaking awesome that he's already got espisodes set. New Family Guy = KICK ASS
  11. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    PA, u should just buy her the Movie, "The Ring"...would save ya a bit
  12. Try uploading the avatar..u may be getting the error because Whitesox.com has a block on sharing it. The best option would be to save the picture onto your computer and upload the avatar onto our server and you can do that in the avatar settings.
  13. When I woke up today I heard someone from a New York Paper say that they thought Washington or Portland would be the final destinations but thats been getting said for so long now and nothing seems to be happening.
  14. Don't be cheap on the pen. That is so key in this era of baseball. You got to have a strong pen to go deep if you ask me.
  15. Its bs that baseball owns the Expos. I feel sorry for the fans of that team cause they know they won't compete and they don't even know where the team is gonna play. MLB needs to get their s*** together and figure out what they are going to do with the Expos, cause the current situation is a bunch of crap right now.
  16. I think this is Rogers speculating. I do agree that it would be a good move.
  17. I guess Rogers says Jose and Konerko.
  18. Anaheim will land one more big guy. Don't count on Montreal in the Vlad sweepstakes. They cleared some payroll by moving Vazquez. It woudl really suck if the Expos get torn apart. They got some damn good players.
  19. Your right on Switchfoot and your right on Southsider
  20. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    200 bucks seems like a lot, simply because in high school, relationships don't last (99% of the time). Then again this is coming from me, I'll probably spend 200 bucks on all my friends, my sis, my dad and my mom combined...and part of that 200 will include the gift I end up buying myself when I'm out xmas shopping (I always find something I like and say what the hell...I've been good this year, lol). On the brightside, my last serious relationship (By serious I mean over a month ended during December last year (Long Term relationships I suck at...mine last a few weeks and then ehhh, my wallet just starts getting thin). By the bright side, I'm referring to the fact I never had to buy a gift, although I like buying people gifts...but when the term jewlery gets thrown around, I don't like to buy gifts .
  21. ND needs to fire Tyrone and go after an all out stud of a head coach and spend the money. Mediocrity shouldn't be in their dictionary and this team shouldn't of been as bad as it was. I could live with this season if it wasn't for the fact that ND doesn' even rank in the Top 25 in this years recruiting or at least it looks like they won't. I could freaking go out and get recruits by just saying I'm from ND. They better jump out there and get a stud coach before their tradition is tarnished and you truly need to rebuild the program. I thought Whillingham would do it, and its harsh firing him, especially considering how he got them to overachieve that first year and I guess he should have a shot with his own recruits, but 5 wins....5 WINS.
  22. The Orioles deal is mainly speculation. Only way it could happen is if the Orioles lose out on Vlad. They are desperate to get a star and Ordonez would fit that bill.
  23. Now this is a HUGE BLOW in my opinion. Fontaine was in my mind one of the brightest guys in the organization and the major leauges. I liked him to be a GM one day and I think this really hurts. I sure hope the Sox can find another bright guy to replace him (Goes by Jason ). In all seriousness, this is a huge blow and it will be interesting to see who the Sox hire to replace him.
  24. If Bullard is taken in the Rule V draft. Then the taem that drafts him must have him on the active 25 man roster all season (Or I guess they can put u on the DL if you have a legit injury). So basically they take up a roster spot to put you on. Typically players taken in the Rule V, aren't ready for the majors so they basically are played in blowouts and thats it so their development is really slowed and then the next season they go back in the minors and then the franchise hopes they develop and then you bring them back to the majors when they feel the player is ready. I can't think of many Rule V picks that stick around a full season and contribute after that, but I don't pay that much attention to it, cause almost always the team ends up giving the player back or they work out a trade so they can keep the player.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Oh god, u should see it when I play a few of my friends that are into Madden. They have broken their controllers they get so pissed. Its pure comedy. I just swear and usually I do a ton of trash talking. They always know all the buttons, I still haven't learned playmaker, I just know that I can change the direction of the running plays . The best part is playing people that are good cause when u beat em, they get all pissed off

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.