Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Junior Spivey
Spivey made under 500 K last year and has only played 2 full seasons, although they may count his first year as a season, in that case it would be 3 seasons so the Sox would still control his rights. I don't think he'd make too much, maybe a mill and would definately be a nice pickup. The one alarming stat is that he strikes out a lot. But he does draw walks. This year wasn't tha good for him but he battled injuries and still hit put up similar numbers to Roberto. The year before though.....301 avg, .389 OBP, 16 HR, 78 RBI. Thats pretty damn good production out of your second baseman. He may not do that again, but I think its fairly realistic to assume his numbers will be the avg of the past two seasons or somewhere around that.
-
Junior Spivey
Oh ya...Spivey can do those things. He was a top of hte order hitter in Arizona if I recall and he's very fast, has some pop, and does do the little things and defensively I saw him make some pretty damn good plays. He would be a heck of an acquisition and a step in the right direction, if you ask me. And yes, he is way better at this point in his career then Roberto Alomar is now.
-
Junior Spivey
Spivey is the perfect pick up if you ask me. A deal where you give them Ginter or someone along those lines could get it done and it gives the Sox help in a definate area of need. The problem is I think Spivey makes a decent amount, but I could be wrong on that. If he doesn't, which may be the case, then it definately be a good move. The Sox will now have added good defensive players with speed and in Spivey's case a very good offensive player. Last years numbers were down due to injury, but he is a pretty good second baseman. I wouldn't mind him one bit. Then the Sox have Uribe, Spivey and Harris in the infield and thats a very fast combo and a pretty damn good defensive combo as well. Of course you add Jose to that mix until he's dealt (But maybe he does stay).
-
25 albums that should not have been recorded
Foo Fighters is awesome. Aren't they working on a new album?
-
For the love of God!!!
I listened when I was in Chicago. We gave him a segment a long time ago and he did mention it on the radio (SoxNet) but as far as his show its as meaningless as the segment we were trying to get from him.
-
I just don't get it...
Because if we didn't pick up his option and instead signed him we would of been stuck with him because we couldn't trade him right away. A few other teams that could use Jose are the Pads (They are looking for more pop right now, especially with the loss of Kotsay and a Vazquez for Jose deal could be a possibility, although they may play Jose at 2nd temporarily until Jake Gatreu is ready. Plus they have whats his name (the ss prospect...Khalil Greene). Most likely they will want a one year type replacement to give them seasoning and Jose could be the guy. Angels could also use a little more pop and it seems as if they don't want Eckstein and will probably let Kennedy go.
-
Sox acquire Juan Uribe for Miles
Brando...I gotta say though, i do agree a lot with your post on Jose. He isn't the worse, I just gripe because of what he gets paid.
-
It's Official
Thats a hell of a deal. IT really is too bad the Sox couldn't of moved Koch because Hawkins is a bargain at that rate. The FA market is soft and teams with some money to spend are gonna do themselves very well this year.
-
***NEWS-Sox trade for Juan Uribe
If the Sox dont' get an ace, then in my mind they need two more starters and your right, they definately need some guys in the pen. But thats what the offseason is for
-
Sox acquire Juan Uribe for Miles
It really says something when Brando agrees that Jose isn't worth 5 mill. All I ever did during the season was argue with ya Brando on Jose's uselessness, lol.
-
Jay Payton anyone
Basically Rogers says what I do. I think a Rowand for Payton deal would be fair, considering the Rocks have had interest in him. Especially if the Rocks don't want him. Obviously since they are in cost cutting mode, Jose wouldn't be an option for him. Still Payton would be a nice pickup, especially since at least one of our current outfielders will be gone and at 3.5 mill its a pretty good deal, imo.
-
Jay Payton anyone
Never heard of him so I got no idea.
-
Lowell staying put in Florida
Seems like the Marlins are giving him a bit more money because of this outclause. I like Lowell though, but 8 mill is steep for him. I could see that backfiring, especially with his checkered past. It will probably be hard to get insurance on him. This could blowup to hurt the Marlins, but the fact that they are seriously trying to keep that team together is great.
-
***NEWS-Sox trade for Juan Uribe
This is a guy that has had two half seasons in the majors and one full season. Last year he was coming abck from a broken foot that cost him about 5 weeks early in the season. He made a big push late in the year, but at 21 he played 74 games and hit .300 for the Rockies. This is a good risk. Now lets trade Rowand for Payton.
-
Jay Payton anyone
I don't know much about his contract status, but I saw the numbers he put up last year and I've always been a Payton fan. And damn did his numbers impress me. The Rocks seem to be going young...aren't they always and they have always been rumored as being very interested in Aaron Rowand. The Sox have a lot of depth with ML ready prospects in Borchard and Reed (We could debate on that, plus we have Willie). According to ESPN and the Rocky Mountain Newspaper Payton and the Rocks are having trouble agreeing to a one year deal. Payton can play both left and center and is good defensively and if I recall has a pretty good arm. Check out last years stats (Realize they are Coors inflated): 157 Games .302 AVG .354 OBP .866 OPS 28 HRS (Holy F*cksticks) 89 RBI 43 BB 77 K Here are his road splits (Since we know Coors is about as easy as it gets) .281 AVG .330 OBP .813 OPS 15 Homers (2 more then he hit at home) 39 RBI 18 BB 41 K To me this would be a pretty good pickup. If the Rocks are worried and considering non tendering him then the Sox could come on in and offer up Rowand and maybe add Jose to the mix (Who do the Rocks have to play shortstop now...plus Jose would provide a ton of pop, which is supposedly the reason the Rocks dumped Uribe). Don't know if the Rocks would add payroll though. Either way I think it would be an interesting move. If the Sox want to move Maggs then you at least have Payton and Lee in the outfield and if they move others you still have Payton who should be still pretty affordable and is a very solid all around player.
-
***NEWS-Sox trade for Juan Uribe
To add to what Mario said...other then the BoSox and Yankees who has been very active thus far. Almost every team in baseball has been sitting, its just the way the market is. I think we've seen what Kenny does and he's agressive and not afraid to make trades. We can all debate whether the trades are for the better, but I don't think any of us can debate Kenny's agressiveness..well I guess some would call it stupidity, lol. I think trader Kenny will be busy and what he gets for Konerko, Jose, Lee, Maggs and Koch will be interesting. Cause we know at least some of them will be gone.
-
For the love of God!!!
He gets great money too. Anyone know someone on the score, they could give me that type of money and I guarantee I know a hell of a lot more about sports then that jagoff.
-
Player ratings
Yes, but we have till December 7th to offer it. Since he's signed the Sox will obviously offer it and they are ensured getting the two picks. At the very worse we have a sandwich first rounder and a 2nd rounder and at the best a first rounder and a sandwich first rounder. WOrks out real good if ya ask me. We couldn't of gotten that by dealing Gordon.
-
***NEWS-Sox trade for Juan Uribe
It was Aaron Miles. I'm gonna merge this in with the other thread on the trade Fanof14
-
***NEWS-Sox trade for Juan Uribe
This is a very good move. The Sox are trading away a 26 year old, AAAer, who doesn't have any of the true ability to wow ya. Miles isn't that good. He isn't patient and thats his big flaw and defensively he doesn't have the range and other skills needed to make up for that fact, although he may have enough pop to make it on somewhere. I just never liked Miles much as a prospect...liked him a lot as a minor league player and a guy that will make a minor league team better. Uribe also lacks the ability to draw walks, but he did improve on that quite a bit last year. This kid is only 24, is a stud defensively, and solid enough with the bat that he should do better. He's faster then the stolen bases would indicate and if you ask me he will be the starter. KW is saying the right things so it looks as if we are just replacing Graffy, which very well could be as well. But you don't want to say he's your new shortstop, cause then Jose's stock drops way off. My best guess is the Sox will be under payroll by the end of the winter meetings and then they will have some money to tinker around with. KW doesn't screw around and he will be busy, whether its for the good or bad, who knows, but he will be busy. I think this is just a good move. Trading a 26 yr old 2nd baseman without much upside for a guy that could become one of the better shortstops in the majors. Also, while it will be ugly, don't be shocked if you see a Harris/Uribe middle infield. Defensively the range and defense would be stellar but offensively it be a definate work in progress. Still, if it means the Sox can bring in the stud pitching, I don't have a problem with that. Let me add we may see one more minor deal before the winter meetings so KW is positioned to move guys without worrying that he won't be able to have someone in house to replace them.
-
Damnit!
Thats what the limit is...100 kb (In this case its 75)...I just like to exaggerate..my bad. And your right about the KB, that would of been 50 mb.
-
Player ratings
Yes, they could get it for Everett...the problem is to get a draft pick compensation you must offer your player arbitration. If the Sox offered Everett arbitration then it will be based on last years pay, which was 8 mill I believe and the minimum pay cut a player can receive in arbitration is 20%. This would basically have the Sox screwed because Everett would most likely accept arbitration and that would be that. Now if Everett reaches an agreement before December 7th with the Devil Rays (A definate possibility) then the Sox could offer him arb and as long as Carl is signing a solid multi year deal, I don't see him accepting arbitration and then the Sox can get a supplementary pick.
-
Damnit!
Isn't it .5 and .75 mb? Or am I wrong. I thought it was 100,000 KB in a MB.
-
Chris Jefferies...Mike Epps Clone
Linton Johnson looked pretty good in the limited minutes. Seems to have nice touch and looks like a good defensive player. I like the fact that with Chandler out (My favorite big man on the team) that it will give Johnson some minutes so the Bulls can see what they got.
-
Yanks going after Brown
I would love to see that happen. The Dodgers would be so pleased if they could do that...although Weaver does make a ton too.