Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Your right, Konerko is a good player, but the Sox shouldn't be playing 8 mill a year for a good player...not when they are planning on going deep without a big time budget. You can get similar production to his career numbers for less money by getting someone like Brad Fullmer or Rafael Palmerio.
  2. No, he won't be offered arbitration and neither will Carl Everett.
  3. Good Riddance Robbie. He was over-rated in his stint here and KW's offer was more then fair. Two mill is about exactly what I felt he was worth, although they probalby should of just given him 2 mill up front, screw deferring it. Its just gonna mean next year and years down the road they are paying it and JR will use that deferred money as an excuse for why he can't spend it then. I'd much rather have someone with a future like Willie Harris then watch Alomar be mediocre.
  4. Thanks for the info as always Bull and I sure hope you don't get taken out of the organization, but if it helps you reach the majors quicker, then its fine by me. I'm rooting for ya either way. Good to hear SB has been good. Went up there for Halloween, damn was it crazy. I never believed what everyone told me about it and then I finally went and wow. Good luck on your finals and just think...after that you get a little break, then I'm guessing your heading to Tuscon???
  5. Chisoxfn posted a topic in SLaM
    My buddies and I are gonna drive down and give it a crack. 10 bucks for entry and I'm guessing it will be pretty fun. I'm planning on cracking some heads when I'm down there and then picking up some of the groupie girls that want the big time playas Has anyone else done this? If not, and they are planning to...lets hope we meet in the finals in Vegas. Oh ya, Winner takes home 50,000
  6. Chisoxfn replied to AssHatSoxFan's topic in SLaM
    I think what your implying is that to be like a high school teacher or an elemtary school teacher you can do it with more ease then becoming a doctor or lawyer or something else in terms of the difficulty of the continuing education. Not saying I agree with you because I think teachers are important, but I also know there are a lot of s***ty teachers out there, based on my educational experiences and it sucks that they constantly get paid and don't have to worry about getting fired because they have tenure. Not saying all teachers are bad, but I wish there were better incentives so good ones got paid better. Once they have a few years under their belt, they don't have to worry about getting fired and well teachers rarely get paid based on performance or how good of a teacher they are, its mainly by the number of years they are teaching in the district and the subject. If your a department head then you get a bonus or at least thats how it is in California. It really leads to having a lot of crappy teachers who know they are gonna get money whether they spend their time or not. As long as they don't assault a student or do something stupid they aren't gonna get canned. But I'm not saying teachers are useless, but I do think the education system should be overhauled and I will say I've learned a lot at school just like I learn a lot from my day to day experience. Good teachers really motivate ya and push you and make you better.
  7. I'd prefer going with the Orioles and try to lure them into taking Jose and Magglio for Matos, Gibbons and one reliever (Maybe they can get Jorge Julio).
  8. Welcome aboard and I completely agree, Colon/Millwood and another solid 5th would be big steps to making this team a lot better. As far as I'm concerned, if they have to deal Maggs or Lee, Konerko, Jose, and Koch to clear the payroll to make that happen and to bring in quality relievers, then so be it.
  9. Haaa...u all knew I've been working on this. You guys are the brains behind the operation...I'm just the sex icon
  10. I think BOras is LYING.
  11. Boras is lying, but what could the Mets offer for Maggs. Would they be willing to give up Jose Reyes? Cause I'd think he'd be a must in a deal and I just couldn't see the Mets giving him up.
  12. I think if the sox deal Jose it will be in a seperate deal with the Dodgers. My feeling is they must be close on this deal (Although close isn't done...but I am hoping it goes down as reported/rumored). Then after that, if the Dodgers lose out on some guys either go for Itzuris (Dont' know how much sense that makes with Uribe here since they are so similar or just try and work some type of deal where you land Mota). It wouldn't be easy and I doubt it could be done, but maybe with the right haggling they could work something out.
  13. Hasagewa would be nice as long as he doesn't ask for a ton. 2.5 mill per year over 2 yrs with an option year worth 3 mill and some incentives and I'd say go for it.
  14. Heard Larry Luchino..president of the Red Sox (Former Pres of the Padres) interviewed on the San Diego Sports talk station and he basically said Pettite is gonna be back in New York or at least thats what they believe. He said they went after him and still want him, but don't see it happening. Foulke will likely sign in the next few days with Boston.
  15. Reports are KW has offered him a 3 yr 30 mill deal recently with no deferred cash. Don't know how true that is or not.
  16. Us SoCal guys are thinking awfully alike. I couldn't agree more although I think Mota is pretty much untouchable, but a Marte-Mota combo would be sweet. Maybe the Sox could work out some type of deal like that later in the offseason, but with the loss of Quantrill, I don't see them too willing to move a reliever. Remember, this all looks great...but nothing is done until they sign the dotted lines.
  17. Couldn't agree more on that. After those moves the Sox should turn immediately to getting relievers in. Dave Weathers for Koch (I still think it happens) and then the Sox add two more relievers, one being Sully and then one more good reliever.
  18. I'd like to see the Sox trade Magglio, put Reed somewhere in the outfield and then bring in Jacque Jones or something like that and get one good stud for Magglio.
  19. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cha
  20. Chisoxfn replied to Capn12's topic in SLaM
    From what I know he was gone for a week for Thanksgiving.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to AssHatSoxFan's topic in SLaM
    I know what you guys mean. I'm so ready for this crap to be over with. Wrote a paper last night, still have an 8 page report to finalize (Luckily I have finished most of it) and then I have a 5 page paper left. After that I have a 20 minute presentation (I got to do 10 minutes, my buddy the other 10) and then 5 finals and one test which is on Monday. Its freaking sucks...but in 3 weeks, I'll be done for 6 weeks...THANK FREAKING GOODNESS
  22. I like Mason a lot more. This sucks...keep him around, he's a solid young player. Brunson was solid last year, but give Mason a chance with Skiles.
  23. That sounds really cool 2k4. Kind of like a journal of the season...would be really sweet.
  24. I've yet to hear anything on the sports station I have on. This station typically does a lot of Dodger news.
  25. Sounds cool...I don't really know where I could put a java script on this site where it wouldn't make the board look weird though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.