Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. The stat program on the new server...webalizer or something. It only lists the 30 most popular countries but says there is a total of 44. Of course some have only had like 10 or 15 hits, but one person viewing every week or so is basically what it takes for something like that. I was shocked to see that it. I knew we had a lot of people from Canada (U, Matthew, Supernuke) and JOSH PR (Puerto Rico) as well as Rafacosta from Brazil and DBAHO and others from Australia. Its pretty cool though how so many people can follow the Sox from afar.
  2. And well Soxtalk is well known world wide. I never knew this, but we have 44 countries represented from visitors of this board. I thought that was overly cool. The coolest country I could see on the list was Estonia. And Australia represents the most hits from people outside of the US. Germany, Canada, and Brazil are just behind Now if only JR would pay for us all to fly into Chicago to catch a Sox game. I'm thinking we could help in the attendance
  3. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I really don't think him upping the payroll 20 mill would immediately bring it back. If the Sox were to produce and go to the series, then maybe it would...but even then I still think its a few year reclamation project to get Sox fans back.
  4. I'll still go to Spring Training, buy the XTRA innings package and watch each game they play in Anaheim.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Why not the Sox. He's a big name, most likely can be had for about 10 mill less then he made last season and is still a front line pitcher when u need it (Such as the playoffs). Plus the Sox only have to invest one year to him and maye an option year.
  6. But don't worry...we would of had to release him...but instead we made weekend games a PREMIUM
  7. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Maddux and Perez would be pretty nice for the Sox. You could probably get Maddux relatively cheap if you went after him now and then get Perez via trade. Build up the pen and I'd say thats a solid rotation. I still have a lot of faith in Maddux. He may not of been himself last year, but he stlil had a very good ERA and won like 16 games.
  8. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    These are way better moves then seeing the Sox lose Colon. It seems like the Royals are seriously trying. Santiago may be old, but he calls a great game, is still good defensively and has a lot more pop then our current catcher. He's not quite a hall of famer, but he's pretty damn close to it. And Mondesi is a solid player who will play good defense, hit some homers and just be solid.
  9. Chisoxfn replied to cwsox's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Great...I have to wait all the way until September until I can see the Sox play (Well and in Spring Training). They only got 3 in Anaheim this year. Geeze, I sure as hell hope they are actually in it.
  10. s***, Sox games are already a ripoff in my mind. You can see a game in Anaheim, LA, or San Diego for so much cheaper and get a very nice seat. I agree with Killa...your gonna raise prices, after attendance goes up and just sit around. I'm not gonna go on any rants until the Sox just sit their and do jack s***. If thats the case I'm gonna be pissed.
  11. Yes, because his salary is too high for the payroll. I can debate whether our payroll is too low for being a team in the city of Chicago, but thats something I think almost all of us would agree with. Since that isn't gonna change, the Sox can't compete with him making 14 mill a year. Especially when they have thats same ugly amount invested to Konerko and Koch and then another 5 invested to Jose. Maybe if they invested that money a little more wisely, we could keep Magglio. I want to see my 3 way trade happen where the Sox net 12-14 mill in salary and get Odalis Perez and Alfonso Soriano.
  12. Well this allows the twins to keep some guys and Milton was a pretty much non factor in last seasons team making the playoffs, so basically consider this as them getting something for nothing cause these guys could produce for Milton who didn't produce last season. Good move by the TWins cause Milton was due a lot. Silva isn't Hawkins, but he's a good reliever and I'm guessing he's Hawkins replacement.
  13. I'd only take him from the Yanks if they ate Konerko and Koch's contracts and gave us value for Maggs. I still think he has potential, but Sox shouldn't take an 8 some odd million buck risk. I'd rather take Freddy Garcia if that were the case.
  14. LMAO...I just want the Sox to get Colon back.
  15. BULLs***. I was just listening to sports radio (driving from school to home and then to work) and I haven't heard crap. This sounds like BS to me. Its also a stupid move if its true, but thats beyond the point. Also supposedly KW has offered Bart 3 yr 30 mill (Nothing Deferred) which to me is very fair. Unless the Angels offer is true, then I think Bart would except that so-called offer from the Sox. The same MSG source is reporting that Juan Rivera is the snag in a deal involving Johnson for Vazquez. That has to be a bunch of bull because if the Expos were to only get Johnson and Rivera (Overhyped Yank prospect, just like Ricky Ledee was overhyped) without getting Soriano in return then I just don't see it happening. Vazquez is incredibly affordable for what he does, is young and frankly Soriano would have to be a part of the deal. MSG is making up s*** as far as I'm concerned. My 3 way idea is more credible, imo.
  16. Ya, after that I'd probably keep Carlos Lee unless a great offer came up. I'd only trade him for a player with similar ability at a lesser price, becaus it allowed the Sox to make another signing to fill another "need" area. Otherwise Konerko and Koch would be the next priorities. Try to get about 3 mill in savings in a Koch deal (I think eventually something happens with the Mets and Sox) and then look to Seattle, Baltimore, and anywhere else to move Konerko. Worse case scenario hold onto Konerko because I think he's got the best shot between Koch and Konerko of regaining his form. He had a very good 2nd half, is still a good guy, a leader, and will be productive next year. Then if the Sox want to deal him then, they will have better luck. I have no idea if the other teams do this deal, but from the Sox perspective they get fair value in return..from the Dodgers perspective they get it in return, and the Yanks seem to have needs for both those guys and those are "BIG NAME GUYS" which would send a so called shock to the Red Sox. One day I'll be calling the shots, one day, hehe
  17. I just don't see a chance that anyone will give Aloamr that type of money where the Sox feel confident offering him arbitration. I think Sully come back to the Sox. Reds don't want him and he won't want to move again.
  18. Screwball I don't think thats a bad idea, but I'd prefer to keep Weaver out of the deal. If the Yanks hit a snag with Sheff, then they will still be more then willing to add the payroll without giving it up. The Dodgers want Weaver and Soriano or Johnson (Supposedly Yanks are offering Johnson..Dodgers want Soriano and the Yanks to pay part of Weavers salary). Lets say the Sox, Dodgers and Yanks get in a 3 way deal. Sox deal Magglio and Jose, Yanks deal Weaver, Johnson, Soriano and a prospect or two. Sox recieve: Soriano and Perez Dodgers recieve: Weaver, Johnson, Jose, Prospect (Yanks pay part of Weaver's salary) Yankees receive: Brown and Magglio Ordonez Sox are happy because they unload salary, take on a little salary and fill two areas of need (pitching and middle infield). Dodgers are happy cause they add bats and get rid of Browns monster contract, allowing them to reup with Gagne and add a bat or two via fa, plus they get a good young bat and a power hitting 2nd baseman/ss in Jose who will be off the books in a year. They also recieve a prospect and get Weaver at a discounted rate. Yankees are happy cause they get their bat and get their arm. They do it while giving up two areas they liked, but they were planning on unloading at least one of SOriano and Johnson and now they moved two for two all stars. Seems like a legit possibility, considering all teams have at one point or another been rumored, but no talk of a 3 way has ever been mentioned. Should add...Dodgers save like 1-2 mill in cash..maybe more, Sox save roughly 14 mill (Lose Jose and Maggs...add Perez and Soriano). Yanks add payroll...lots of it, but when has that ever bothered them, and with what the BoSox have been doing, they are gonna be very motivated to make a major splash and this would be that. Another side benefit of this deal is the Sox now have payroll relief to bring back Colon and the Yanks may not want Colon now that they have Kevin Brown. They probably look to re-upping with Pettite, maybe add a position player like Roberto Alomar Jr...been rumored and call it an offseason. The Sox now have: Leadoff Hitter Soriano - 2nd/cf Thomas Lee Konerko Crede Reed/Rowand/Harris Uribe But they have money to do a few more things and maybe now the Sox look to move Lee or Konerko for a left handed bat that has a decent size contract or something like that. Who knows..but it gives them a solid foundation. Rotation (Assuming they now sign Colon and even after that they still save a few mill. We know he takes 12 mill a year if its guaranteed, but I'd try to get him at 10 mill a year guaranteed, up front). Thats 4 mill off the books and the Sox get Perez, Soriano and Colon...pretty damn good. Colon Buehrle Loaiza Garland Perez Two lefties, three righties. Colon, Loiaza and Perez are strike out pitchers, Garland and Buerhle aren't. I definately like this move...a lot.
  19. We may not be rebuilding, but the nice part is we could still be a good team and bring in a huge influx of talent based on a good draft. Two high picks for Gordon, one or two for Everett and then possibly one for Wunsch (I noticed he was a B or C) and now the Sox are in a good position with a lot of high picks. They probably won't take all studs cause you need to make sure you have most of those guys, but that is a great way to bring in a lot of talent nad really revitalize your organization without having to do any white flag deal. I hope we get Bartolo back so I don't mention him in there. But we could get as many as 6 high picks if you ask me, maybe more maybe less.
  20. Great post Brando. This guy has had two partial seasons and one full season in the show right now. At 21 over half a season he hit .300. THats pretty freaking impressive. I see no reason to give up on him. The Rocks aren't exactly sucess stories when it comes to raising their own prospects. Lets see what the Sox coaches can do with him and one thing Ozzie will be good at is relating to him and hopefully Ozzie doesn't give him any ideas on how to take a walk..leave that to Walker.
  21. I meant terrible as in they were terrible so they have a top pick...probably should or wrote it differently. Ya, I'm sure they will be in the Top 5.
  22. You just can't compare KW and Hendry because Hendry has so much more to work with then KW. I see points in noticing those moves because a strong season or two for the Cubs could shrivel up Sox chances of regaining their market share, but everything is cyclical. As far as Roberto Hernandez, why is everyone down on him. He's not as good as Flash, but he has closer experience and is still a decent pitcher. The Sox need 2 or 3 vets and while I hope he isn't the best guy we bring in, he's definately better then a lot of guys out there and would be a welcome addition to the pen (Which is a very key aspect to this team going far, imo). Bring Sully back too and now the pen isn't looking near as bad. Plus I'll take my chances on Roberto for a bit cheaper cause odds are Gordon re-injures himself.
  23. I would love to see the Drays sign Everett before Dec. 7th cause then the Sox can offer Carl arbitration and get a pick for him, something I never expected to happen. If Carl gets like a 3 yr 15 mill offer from a team, I guarantee he turns down arbitration from the Sox. The thing is the Sox won't take that risk unless they are fairly confident he will get that kind of offer. With the Drays looking to grab him (I thought they were crying poor just a few months ago) knowing they won't lose a pick cause they have a terrible pick anyway (Plus knowing them, they'd rather not have the draft pick so they don't have to give a fat signing bonus to someone) it could turn into a nice plus.
  24. Were seeing eye to eye on this. Gload has a nice, short compact swing, is very good defensively and has good speed for a first baseman. He can also play left and right field and is a smart baserunner and a patient hitter. He would be a main stay in the majors if he was a little taller. He is very short for a first baseman and that is one of the reasons he's continually not given an opportunity, imo. He will be a very solid asset and will be a productive player in the majors. I am pretty confident the Sox are gonna give him a shot this year.
  25. Why do they give Quantrill almost the same that Hawkins made. Hawkins is far superior, although Quantrill is pretty good. Hawkins is a lot younger though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.