Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to BrandoFan's topic in SLaM
    You know what other band kicked some ass, the Yardbirds. At one point or another they had Jimmy Paige, Eric Clapton and one other awesome guitarist whose name passes me by. But Led Zepplin was really good. Did you know they were originally going to be called the "New YardBirds" but someone said nah..that crash like a Led Zepplin and hence their name.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to BrandoFan's topic in SLaM
    The Beatles are definately my favorite, then the Doors, Hendrix, Zepplin, Steve Miller Band. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton. Such as Bob Dylan who is freaking awesome.
  3. I thought cause he's a type A you get their draft pick, plus a comp pick, but I could be wrong. And if the team is above the top 15 or 12 then you only get the comp pick.
  4. I do think Jay Gibbons is pretty damn good, so insert him into the deals, and then were talking. I dont' want to even think about getting Freddy Garcia for Magglio Ordonez, I'd much rather deal him to the Dodgers and get Perez and Mota (Not that I want only those two). I just don't see getting Garcia and taking the shot of drastically overpaying him. Now if were talking about moving Konerko for Garcia, thats another story. As far as the prospects, I like them.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to BrandoFan's topic in SLaM
    Haa..you got competition now. But in all seriousness, I love quite a few classic rock bands.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to BrandoFan's topic in SLaM
    s***... ithought I was the only other guy that feels that way. In all honest, Justin Timberlake has a few pretty kick ass songs. His whole nsync crap was a bunch of crap but on his own he is pretty talented. It sounds horrible for me saying this, but he could be a non f***ed up version of Michael Jackson. That music video of the song that won a bunch of awards last year was pretty badass.
  7. Ah crap...if I had an example problem with the solution I could do more, but now I'm confusing my self, lol. I should know this, but alas, how quickly I forget what i learn.
  8. What your gonna want to do is clear the log log in the first part. I have no idea what log times log is but I'm assuming thats somewhere in your book (I only remember the processes, everything else is very fuzzy). That may work out to an even number and then you'd just do the x-15 to work it to zero. In this instance I think x just has to be 15.
  9. I'm pretty good at math. Log's are calculus right? I may not remember all of it but I did pretty decent in the class. Whats the specific question?
  10. I watch a ton of football. I spend my Sunday mornings at the bar every week drinking coke and watching football with my buddies. I just don't see the Chiefs as being that good. They give up a ton of points, although part of it has to deal with al ot of the time teams are passing trying to come back, but they are still giving up the point. 4 weeks ago, I would of said the Colts were one of the top teams out there. I give them credit for the wins, but I try to watch how a team is playing at this point. The Colts are good, but I think the Titans and Patriots are better. Things can change a week from now or two weeks from now. Right now the Colts aren't clicking on all cylinders and they are still in the games. They haven't looked that good since the Jacksonville loss, imo. I usually don't see the late games unless the Bears are playing, I just see highlights of them, but where I watch there are tv's on with all the games so it allows me to see a ton of football. I ain't a statitician, I just go on my eyes for the most part. I can tell a lot by how a team is playing.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in How Does That Work?
    And gash blame Ian...blame Ian
  12. That really says something
  13. Chisoxfn replied to CubsSuck1's topic in How Does That Work?
    The palm tree in the background of the left picture looks a lot like a marijuana leaf (For all I know it is). Thei is also a leaf loooking thing on the right.
  14. Well the Pats had the Colts convincingly beat until they let the game get away. I mean how many huge comebacks have the Colts already had. They have some talent, but they really haven't been playing good as of late, but I can say that about a lot of teams. I believe the Eagles are the best team in the NFC and that the Panthers are the 2nd best. I actually think the Bears are one of the 6 best teams in the NFC (not saying they will make the playoffs...but they are playing good). In the AFC I think that Denver, if healthy is a sleeper team, while the Pats and Titans are the favorites to go to the superbowl (I think it will be the Titans). I'm not a big Miami fan, although Fiedler is a solid qb but the Wanny factor tells me no, plus they haven't proven they can win in the cold and they won't get home field throughout.
  15. Won't happen until the Bears lose. Once they lose, its gonna be Grossman all the way. They may still play Kordell a bit too. Now if they are whooping a team, then maybe you'd see Grossman, but that didn't even happen today and they were up pretty heavily. I wonder if the Bears got the ball back, whether Grossman would of been put in.
  16. Oops...ya got a link for it. For whatever reason I was reading the quote and thought you were quoting the article, but it was actually Mario's writing. My bad
  17. Hope ya have a great bday
  18. Chisoxfn replied to sox4lifeinPA's topic in SLaM
    On a sidenote...I never realized how cool this camera phone stuff is. I'm sure I'll get tired of it, but I take random pictures and just send it to friends for the hell of it. Plus when you get a call from your friends you can put up some type of picture of them and all that. Pretty cool...I figured for 30 bucks what the hell.
  19. Chisoxfn replied to sox4lifeinPA's topic in SLaM
    Hands down Verizon is the best cell phone company out there. I just switched from Tmobile to it. I got the national plan cause I do a lot of long distance calling and I also get out of the state a few times a year and not having to pay roaming is so worth it. THe plan I have is a little expensive, 50 bucks a month, but I get plenty of minutes, unlimited nights and weekends. I also get free cell to cell with other Verizon people. Most people I know have Verizon and those minutes get taken out first, then my anytime minutes get taken. Plus Verizon is the largest cell company out there by far so your more likely to talk to people on it. It is 10 bucks more then the plan I had with Tmobile for basically the same stuff, but I do get unlimited text to text and picture messages (They f'd up on porting my number so they gave me a camera phone for 30 bucks...well 80 until I get my 50 dollar rebate check). Its more then worth it though, the extra 10 bucks, cause I can now use my cell at home. In the past I couldn't hear anyone that called me when I was at home and most everyone just calls my cell. I've had Tmobile, ATT, and Cingular prior and this is by far the best cell phone coverage i've ever had. But like I say it depends on your area. I should add that I use the cell quite a bit for work and stuff..it would be cheaper depending on your useage. I heard that in January Verizon will be lowering their prices cause right now they are one of the more expensive companies.
  20. Agree on the Eagles. In the East I say its the Pats or the Titans. I favor the Titans to go to the Superbowl and it may be their year. I do think the Bears are playing great and if Edinger hadn't hit a slump they would be the frontrunners to win their division. Still they have a tough road to the playoffs, but with the way they are playing if they get in, I'd watch out.
  21. Chandler probably won't play for a while so I'm assuming Davis and Curry will start down low with Hinrich, Crawford and Pippen. Williams and Fizer will both get heavy minutes and I think Gill will play a lot off the bench. You'll probably see Roger Mason activated.
  22. I'm with ya, can't wait till Monday's game.
  23. I would of thought the Jamison deal as a pipe dream but the Mavs really want some inside presence and frankly Jamison doesn't play much. Watching the Mavs - Bulls game I noticed just how few minutes he really gets and I don't know how happy he will be staying there. I can't think of many teams interested in Jamison (Who is a good player) but at his price not many teams have a good defensive big men that has a great attitude that have salaries that can match and all that. I think Jamison would be an awesome acquisition. He seems like a not too selfish player, is solid defensively for a 3, and would really give the Bulls a great cast...the question is can they play as a team. That and they still keep two defensive big men in Jerome Williams and Chris Jefferies. Plus they have Fizer, Chandler, Curry, and Blount to go with them.
  24. LMAO...luckily I don't have that dirty of a mind, so I didn't even think that way.
  25. Everything I'm saying is going on the Sox completing a deal with the Mets for Koch, which I think happens and Konerko getting shipped to Bmore, Seattle or LA. Don't know how likely this is, but I see all 3 guys getting moved (maggs, Koch, Konerko) and of course they will be paying some of the salary. Recent rumblings seem to say the Sox will spend money if they can unload their big contracts. My guess is payroll hovers around 60 mill (A little higher then some expect).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.