Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I must be the only one, but I'd rather have Colon then Schilling. Schilling is done, imo and he's extremely old. I think Colon is a better investment then Schill. But I do think your right, the market for Colon should fall with that signing, don't know if it will though. Schill would get more then Bart on the open market. Who knows though...I really want Bart back.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to TheHawk's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I've been fairly confident that Bartolo will come back. The question is how willing is JR to sign him. Was he just making an offer knowing that Bartolo wouldn't take it. Kind of as a way to say look we tried or is he serious about getting him back.
  3. I'm a pretty big Jack Cust fan. I'm confident if he gets ab's, he will put up some damn good numbers. He reminds me of a little more talented Erubiel Durazo. But like Rex says, you need a place to play him. Then again, you could just stick him at first if the Sox can unload Konerko which got a lot more likely with the Dbacks getting Sexson.
  4. I'm 20. All you have to do to be an officer is pass the real estate test once. For processing, you don't even have to do that. My dad has done real estate for 30 years so I've learned a ton just from watching him. He's really good at it and I've been helping him out at the office for a few years. I do offers, preview property, take care of all the tech work, basically everything an agent can do. Its just a small company so we do probably 3 loans a month, if, but you get like a point, sometimes more, sometimes less depending. If its not my loan then I'm an processor and you get a flat fee. If its a loan for someone I find, then I get the points and the office gets a flat fee, even though I still process it. This is my first month doing it, but I've got a few people that I'm gonna do some loans for which will give me easily what I made all of last year (I made jack..basically minimum, but learned a ton). The prices though depends on who ya work for and all that. I mean you could start your own mortgage company and offer cheap loans and probably do really good. All mortgage wholesalers get the same rates. And the nice thing is, I know how to do everything online which saves the lender a ton of time and you end up getting extra rebates as the officer and what not and some loans have rebates back to ya. Of course the key is getting the best loan for your clients, but right now most of the best loans have great rebates. So even if you do your loan cheap for like half a point, you still end up making like 1.25 to 1.5 points, which works out nice. And as far as doing loans, its a lot easier then people think. The key is having someone that understands whats the best loan. I am pretty confident that I know more then most and if I am lost I can ask my dad who understands it really well. It makes a difference cause a lot of people refi when they shouldn't cause of the cost of doing the loan. Sometimes its worth it, other times its not. All depends on peoples situations. Basically you get them to fill an app, run their credit, get the value of the laon they want..input their app into the computer, check with your lenders, find the best loan, get the paper work needed and send the loan. You get online approval and then send in bank statements (unless its stated income). The lender sends you conditions, you take care of the conditions, send them in. Just a lot of following up work, but it works nice cause we do small volume and I am fast at it and can do most of the stuff at home. I think its gonna work sweet for school I'm not gonna do real estate forever, but I'm definately gonna invest in it
  5. Damn the Colts are the come back kids. They fell short but I thought they had no chance. They have really been struggling lately though. They are like the 2001 Bears....LUCKY.
  6. Go Hawkeyes and Go Big Ten
  7. Arizona may suck, but they played a hell of a game last week against the Rams. And I want to make one comment on Kordell..good game. He was erratic at times, but didn't make any turnovers, made some plays with his feet and threw some nice balls. Most importantly...in the red zone he was butta, something Chandler absolutely stunk at. The Bears had been awful converting in the red zone with Chandler, while Kordell is td after td down there...well at least this week.
  8. Forsey looked great. Tough runner who did a great job keeping balance. I Saw one or two runs where he could of busted out a few more yards with a little better vision, but I saw more runs where it looked like he'd be stuffed and he got something. Either way the Bears have 3 solid running backs (Train, Peterson, Forsey) and Gage is a stud.
  9. I don't know what everyone is talking about Hinrich is a good player. He is a good passer, smart and can drive into the lane and distribute. He isn't near as quick as JC, but he's a hell of a lot better defensively and will develop into a similar shooter (JC is a great shooter). This deal is good because it gives the Bulls a much quicker team. It will be great if the Bulls can now ship Davis, who I think is more valuable then Rose, to another team in exchange for something else. Mavs need big men and you could see the Cavaliers get into some type of sweepstakes as well. It will be interesting to see, cause I still see one more deal happening. As far as Jeffries, he's way better then Baxter and Fizer is gonna replace Marshall. Marshall didn't have a great attitude although I liked him. Defensively he's just as soft as Fizer, except Fizer is a guy that I think can't be stopped defensively when he's on. He has so many moves. The Bulls get a lot tougher with this move, which is something they definately needed. Getting the jackasses out of here helps (Baxter wasn't an ass). Also, a little more on Hinrich, he is gonna be one of the top defensive point guards in this league. Mark my words on that. He will be a 12 and 8 guy all night long (12 ppg, 8 apg) and will shut down opposing pg's. Crawford will become a 20 + and 5 guy and then you have Chandler and Curry down low. Get someone like Jamison or Ricky Davis and then your really talking...but I don't know if thats gonna happen. Bulls will start playing team basketball and now Skiles has a set cast of guys to work with.
  10. I think thats referring to Rose and marshall as guys who didn't bring it. It goes on to say the guys they are receiving are definate steps up in attitude and all that.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    NCAA Basketball 2004 for PS2 Money/Gift Certificates Clothes BA Magazine Subscription Probably some other things i've yet to think of
  12. Chisoxfn replied to BrandoFan's topic in SLaM
    Freaking awesome...Simon and Garfunkel in my opinion have the best harmony of any band/group.
  13. Freaking great...just started, but I get my own hours now and since I don't do that many loans I end up with more free time then before. Of course for like the last week I haven't done crap. Plus pay is a lot better, although if I'm lazy and don't do s***...then I don't get a dime.
  14. Chisoxfn replied to The Critic's topic in SLaM
    f***ing hillarious. This is a must see. "Are you f***ing with me??" That was just freaking hillarious.
  15. 2 yrs 22.5 mill I Think.
  16. Make it Melvin Mora or Jerry Hairston, Kurt Ainsworth, and Jay Gibbons and if you can get Cust, him too.. for Maggs and then your talking. The key to me is what they use Magglio's money on. If they don't spend it...then its bulls***. If they use it to add pitchers, relievers and someone like Cameron and a middle infielder like Tejada or Castillo, then go for it.
  17. We can't do that. The contract specifically stated that the Sox have to put the money into the stadium. They can't just pocket it or use it on anything else.
  18. I think Arod will be a bit better
  19. Something like a 3 yr 38 mill deal. Heard it on the radio about half an hour ago.
  20. Has to be a stud starting pitcher. Nothing can single handedly change the complexity of a team than great pitching, and a stud pitcher makes everyone better.
  21. Loan Officer/Processor Full Time Student Legend at Soxtalk
  22. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    That stuff is really good. I down so much juice a day, it ain't even funny. In the morning its either OJ for me or Tea...if its cold, probably tea.
  23. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I'm assuming hps.com has been taken What about gumbusters.com
  24. Turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, yams with oatmeal and brown sugar, pumpkin pie, rolls. I don't eat the cranberry sauce or the stuffing, never been much of a fan...but everything else is excellent. The best part is, since we didn't have it at my house for the 2nd time in my entire life...were gonna have another meal on Sunday when my dad cooks it. Its gonna be so damn good. I've been waiting for leftovers and now I'll have a ton of them
  25. It will be very interesting if the Dodgers bite on the Konerko deal. I don't think they will make any deal for Konerko until Richie Sexson is officially of the market (Which will happen when he is finally dealt). Once that happens, you may just see the Dodgers bite on the trade. As far as Matsui, I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox got into the sweepstakes if he stuck around for a while, especially if Jose does get sent somewhere.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.