Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Could Ricky Davis be getting dealt
From ESPN The article doesn't mention why he isn't going. I'm assuming he had nothing to do with the argument. Now that BC has been fired, it appears that a trade is imminent. Paxon is going to be with the team on Tuesday and then will come back to Chicago to find a head coach candidate. My thoughts are that Paxon will try to hammer a deal tonight, so the players can be dressed tomorrow and then the new coach will know exactly what he has, which is definately something he'll have to sell to get someone like Doc Rivers or George Karl.
-
Top 5 Japanese Baseball players
Has their been any news on that Cuban Defector that was 24 and can hit the upper 90's. Seems like its been awfully quiet...a guy like that would of been snatched up pretty quick in the past. Sounds like Matsui is the last good japanese player coming to the US for a while. Well Matsui and that other guy thats coming over.
-
Sox sign Dransfeld
Ya...and Royce the Choice got in his way before that.
-
Schilling Heading to Boston
Didn't hear who Boston is dealing, but they now have a certain window (Didn't hear this part) to negotiate an extension with Schilling. I'm assuming the deal is pending that Schilling gets an extension because thats the only way he will accept it.
-
Sox sign Dransfeld
Ya, was a really high pick and supposedly has some tools. In the article he mentions how excited he is to play for Guillen and he wil be at AAA at the very lowest next year. The contract he signed assured him of that and he could be on the Sox if he does good in spring training as he was given an invite. I don't have a problem with this, might as well take a flyer on the guy.
-
Rumor
True...the question is what kind of attitudes to Reese and Dmitri Young have. I think Griff was definately under some pressure so I wouldn't be shocked if he said somethings that he wouldn't of usual said. I am a Griff fan though. I'd still prefer dealing Griff somewhere else if at all possible cause I'd rather just see the Sox use all that money on signings.
-
Top 5 Japanese Baseball players
Is that soley counting the players that are still over there. I'm curious to know where Matsui would rank if its not counting him.
- Sox sign Dransfeld
-
Rumor
As far as Griffey, he always seemed like a guy that just wanted to play the game and have fun. I just can't see him being a cancer. I think the media makes him out to be that because he made such a big deal about coming home and then he's sucked.
-
Features that are Missing
From now on when it comes to making html, script and coding changes to the site we are going to be much more careful to ensure that it is built to run relatively easy on our server. For that reason, the blog will not be brought back. IT was a cool feature, but it kind of created extra stress on the server and all that stuff. After what happened last week i've decided to get a little more careful. The basic stuff though, we'll definately bring that back. And BJ, the good news is, I think a good rss is going to be released soon that should make it easy and the new main page design/database I'm working on has a very easy rss set up. All you have to do is paste a short code and the rss will work or at least thats how I think it works. As far as things I'm gonna be adding back, here's a little timeline: Smilies - Anticipate having our old smilies back sometime today Old Sigs and Avatars - I think i'll have a lot of them back today or tomorrow, although most uploaded files I'm not going to bring from the old server kind of as a way to do some house cleaning. Also for those that don't know it, if you want to be notified in pop up fashion of a new pm, you can make that a setting by going into your controls. I have mine set up that way and it works great. You never miss a pm.
-
Rumor
Hopefully by the start of the season we can get our news site back up. But I do agree, WSI has some cool features. I like the historical stuff they have.
-
Christmas Season
We just decorate the inside of our house. Everyone is too lazy to put up lights on the outside. When I was younger we'd always do it and it be this whole day. Like the day after thanksgiving or the following weekend we'd do it. Now, usually around the 7th or 8th of december we pick up a Christmas tree and put the lights and ornaments and decorate the inside.
-
Rumor
Ya thats the question. Longterm though they would save a lot. Then again Cinncy may then try and move our contracts somewhere else under the belief that it will be easier trading them. It definately be interesting though. You could see that as a type of deal that could really make one team better. I mean if Maggs, Konerko and Koch stick around and return to form, it looks great for the Reds. If Griffey stays healthy and Casey plays like he usually does then its a great deal for the Sox. Sox clear I think 6 mill (10 if Casey makes the same as he did last year) in salaries with the trade. Remember last year when Griffey and Maggs was offered and KW laughed at it. Also another option for the Sox (IMO) would be to then see if Griffey has some value and if someone else is willing to take a flier on him. If they move those three and get Casey and then move Griffey for a decent to good pitcher, then they have cleared 28 mill in payroll which is plenty to sign Colon and Tejada and then add some others via FA.
-
Rumor
I should add that I have no idea how valid this is and I don't think anything is immenent. I also think Chitown sports talk would pick up this type of story and run it, but who knows. It does make some sense. Sox save 6.5 mill but take on a 12.5 mill contract till 2008. On the plus side both Casey and Griffey bring left handed pop to the table and both are solid defensive players. Griff could also DH in the AL and if you get one big time season out of him, then his trade value goes through the roof (Basically if he stays healthy a full year). Mix that with the fact that he's affordable and he truly has star power. If he finds his health (most of his injuries have been flukes; I'd have to be a doctor to know, but I'm assuming they are things that he can be fully recovered from and aren't supposed to be a lingering type thing, like Pk's hip). If this would happen I'd like to see the Reds pick up some more salary. But I could see this deal as a semi possibility.
-
Rumor
Supposedly Cincy sportstalk has been talking about a blockbuster Sox-Reds deal. Griffey and Sean Casey for Magglio, Konerko, and Billy Koch
-
We are Back in Action
OK, got it fixed now. I had the directory where the uploads go, chmod wrong.
- Testing New Sig
-
Sox interested in Tejada
That makes sense. That would be a deal that would be very interesting to say the least. Although I don't think Dye would ever make it back, it is more then worth it as long as his contract is up.
-
New Article from...
Some of the Diamondbacks did it if I recall. I can't remember which ones specifically but I thought the Unit did it as well as some of their other higher priced players.
-
Roids found at Bonds trainers house
Couldn't agree more...on a sidenote, I finally think this quote thing works right.
-
Sox interested in Tejada
Oh crap...anyone have a link to this. Now your making me all excited. Sorry bout jumping on ya Beastly. I couldn't see this happening, but if it did, it make my day. I'd have to think someone would be going along with Maggs.
-
New Article from...
I agree with Forkit, my guess is the deferred money came this yeay and it is implied that he will take a paycut this year and the money will roll into later years. Which is the only way to do it, imo, because he isn't a 14 mill a year player. SO they offer him an extension which would be equivalent to say 11 or 12 mill a year (Just an example) then maybe to Maggs and their agent, that is 2 or 3 mill deferred right there.
-
We are Back in Action
Ya, we just pay out of pocket. Its not really too bad, but were going to try to do a few things to raise some funds so we can go to a dedicated server, which will mean minimal minimal downtime We always want to keep this place free!!!!
-
We are Back in Action
I think it was the actual size of it. I got the standard size up to 125x125 and upped the file size by a bit, but I think its 20kb. I also thing I made it where you can now post .bmp's as well since before they were not a useable attachement.
-
Mets Owner Nixed Koch Trade
If the Sox are seriously willing to bring back Colon and then go after someone like Tejada then move Koch, Lee, Konerko whoever is needed because it would be sweet. If you can save 3.5 mill by going from Weathers to Koch who you can't count on...then you do it, imo. The Sox can't just throw out 3.5 mill on a whilm that he will come back. Velocity is not something easily regained. Just ask Bob Howry or Billy Simas.