Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
The Madden Challenge
Next year I'm gonna do it...gotta make it a first. Madden owns. Its one of the only video games I actually play. I'm sure I'll get my ass whipped...but I just want to trash talk the other player and when I lose throw a fit
-
we need Bullard to tell us what's going on
I'm about 3 hrs from SB. I went up there to visit my buddy that plays on their basketball team. Mario and I met Bullard for a few minutes at spring training in Tuscon last season. He was very nice and made Mario and I look like midgets...especially Mario . Hopefully in a year or two we'll all get to watch him pitch for the Sox
-
Phil Rogers Article
Only thing worse would be to offer Roberto arbitration, imo.
-
Who's at fault for the delayed Konerko deal?
I think he told the Dodgers that he wants to go to the East coats or at least closer to that. I forget where his family lives, but Florida comes to mind. Chicago would definately be closer.
-
Phil Rogers Article
I've ocassionally thought about this. I mean you wouldn't want to advertise raising your payroll because then agents would be under the theory that you have a little extra room in your wallet and try to shell out some more bucks. Plus, if you go out and say you want a 70 mill budget and then don't get there, a lot of fans would be upset. I think if a move was out there that would drastically make the Sox a team where you could easily say they are one of the top 3 teams in the majors and it would mean they have a 65 mill payroll (And that they would be in a solid shape down the range) then I think they would do it. This is just me on gut instinct, but I think Kenny could sell the move to JR. Speaking of which, I'd absolutely laugh if the Sox dealt Maggs (Making 14 mill) for Gibbons, Matos and someone else and then two days announced the signing of Vladdy for like 13 mill. I'd find that absolutely hillarious.
-
Who's at fault for the delayed Konerko deal?
Nothing has been mentioned out here on Colon and hte Angels. The LA TIMES has yet to verify any offer from what I've read and the talk stations have been very quiet about it. Garret Anderson has recently rejected two multi year packages and they are still negotiating on a long term deal with him. The Angels also plan to get into the Vlad sweepstakes and are the front runners to get Nomar. LOoks like they won't pursue Tejada/Matsui but I wouldn't quite look past them jumping in and outbidding Seattle, soley to keep him from Seattle. If the Angels sign Anderson and then get Nomar, then I don't think they have a chance in hell at signing Colon. To me the Angels are in about as bad of shape as the Sox when it comse to dumb contracts, actually worse. They have Appier, Sele, Salmon and Erstad on the books for over 40 mill.
-
Phil Rogers Article
Yep, I think the Sox will offer him arbitration and then work out a 2 yr 5 mill deal or 2 yr 4 mill deal with some incentives or an option. As far as Everett goes, if he's becoming a possibility again, then the Sox would have to act on it pretty quickly, cause they wouldn't offer him arbitration and take that chance. I find it hard to believe that the Sox would be able to come to terms on a deal with Carl by Sunday night, which is the deadline since they won't offer up arbitration. This also must be a sign that the market is soft on him. If Everett is here, it all of a sudden makes Maggs and Carlos Lee more expandable and if the Sox aren't able to get value for Konerko they may just move both of the outfielders who do have the value to get a lot in return. Then the Sox just get stuck with Konerko's pay, but odds are Konerko goes much similar to his prior averages (Which were pretty good) and the Sox end up doing pretty well. That may not be a bad idea. I know a lot would be hurt to see Lee go, but if you could get something pretty good for him in return, it may not be a bad idea. Like if Carlos Lee and Jose Valentin could get you something like Mota, Perez, and try to snag Itzuris (Gonna be tough) I'd say you have to do it, if you know you have Everett there. Then you make sure in the Ordonez trade you get an OF bat and then you still have a more then solid outfield, especially when Juan Gone enters the picture. It will suck to deal two playesr that I like a lot (Maggs/Lee) but if you can replace them with Carl and Juan Gone for less money, freeing up an addition 10 mill or so in funds for FA plus you can get a pitcher in return, Mota, Itzuris, Gibbons, Matos and someone else...then now I think your really talking. You still have to find a way to dump Koch, but if you can do that, you got your team put together and just have to find that pitcher...COLON/Millwood. There still are a lot of options out there at this point.
-
Uribe
I think the Dodgers, maybe Angels, Padres are just a few possible suitors. I'd even list the Orioles as a possibility. Jose will have value. A lot of teams are looking for shortstops and won't get their guy. Actually the Rockies could be a pretty good possibility if they miss out on Aurilla. Don't know how much money they are looking to add, but Jose would put up some pretty sick numbers in Coors, is signed cheap and would be more then willing to work with a youngster. The Rocks have some good outfielders they could give us or maybe Jose Jimenez (Not sure how much he makes) . You could do a Payton for Jose swap (Don't know if that would happen...but you never know). Bottomline, Jose is overpaid, but there aren't many shortstops capable of putting up his production (power wise).
-
Phil Rogers Article
The big thing to remember is last offseason many were pissed too. There was a lot...the Sox aren't gonna get Colon...no chance thats gonna happen...Sox just want to leak a few rumors to make it look like they are trying. Bottomline, it took time, but the Sox got their big fish. But again, it didn't work out. The team under-achieved and it may not of had the right mixture of role players and stars. Whatever the matter the team didn't get there, but eventually the Sox made their moves. Not often do they make their splashed right out of the gate (Exceptoin was Albert Belle and I think Navarro happened pretty quick). KW is usually a player at the GM Meetings so I'd expect something to go down in the next week and if that doesn't happen in the week following them. My guess is the Sox will be for the most part of the offseason trying to unload contracts and late in the offseason they will go out and try to buy some contracts that they fill will fit their newly designed ball club. Only guy I see them going after quickly in FA is Sully (We'll know that pretty shortly) and Colon or Millwood if they want to go in that direction.
-
Who's at fault for the delayed Konerko deal?
BJ, I think you could get Bartolo goodbye in that instance, although you right, that would be sweet. As far as the Konerko deal, fact is Evans didn't want to make the move. Sure the papers reported it early, but its their job to report those type of things because we want to read that kind of stuff. A deal isn't final until its announced, snags can always come up...in this case I think the media jumped to conclusions thinking Evans would force himself to accepting. I think Dan wants to first see if he can find a way to get Nomar (Everything I've heard on the radio says Anaheim is the front runner to get him in exchange for prospects) and then if he can move Brown.
-
Phil Rogers Article
Now there is one move I'd definately like. Don't know if I like getting Kevin Brown, although a healthy Brown is one of the top 4 pitchers in the majors. As far as Gonzalez goes, I think he'd be a great acquisition if Magglio is dealt. Gonzalez has a sweet swing and is an offensive force. The question is his attitude, although recently I haven't heard of any issues. I would do that Brown deal though...even though next year the Sox would be in some cap trouble. The big ???? is Browns health. If you can't deal Konerko, then to me this is the best alternative cause without dealing Konerko I don't see the Sox able to add another stud pitcher and thats gonna be a necessity. In short, I'd be happy if they did those two things. My question is this, if they sign Juan, he would play left or would they swing him to DH or would they swing Lee to 1st, keep Frank at dh and let Juan play lf. If they got Juan Gonzalez and then did a deal with Baltimore with Maggs that got you Gibbons, Matos and one other major league player (Hairston, Julio, Jason Johnson...someone else) then I think you have no found a way to really improve your club. I do believe KW will make one or two or three big time moves this offseason. Some we will be the one giving the big time players, others we will be the one receiving. Although I'm dissapointed, it will be an interesting offseason.
-
Uribe
I don't think Uribe will beat out Jose, but if Jose beats out Harris and they move Jose to 2nd then I think Uribe is the starter. But I don't expect Jose to be a White Sox come opening day.
-
WEEK 14 PICKS
Buccaneers Seahawks Bengals Colts Texans Bears Lions Raiders Eagles Redskins 49ers Patriots Broncos Bills Panthers Rams
-
The Madden Challenge
I think somewhere in the options when your online their is an update roster icon. Don't know how it is this year, haven't done it.
-
Deferral
Starting in two seasons (Not this season, but the one after) the Sox games will no longer be broadcasted on Fox Sports Chicago but on a station they will own as well as all the other Chicago sports team, well the major ones.
-
The Madden Challenge
No clue...never done any of that stuff. I have updated the roster once. I should of never bought the internet thing cause I don't use it.
-
Questions
Usually reporters get the scoop from other reporters as well as employees in the organization or players or family members of players. Thats my guess at least. Also I'm sure there are times where Gm's leak different things.
-
Deferral
WHen money is deferred, it means that they don't get the money up front. For example in a typical 3 yr 36 mill deal, you get paid 12 mill over the season. I don't know how often they get paid, whether its biweekly or monthly, but you break down that 12 mill into the season and then you get a few mill each month. If in case you have deferred money..then you may only get 9 of that mill up front and the remaining 3 mill each year is paid off as negotiated (Maybe in monthly stallments with a 7% return over 10 years).
-
The Madden Challenge
And the winner gets 50,000. 500 people play and there is like 32 sites across the US. Then the top player from each site is flown to Vegas to play in the finals. The winner there gets big bucks and I"m sure there are a lot of runner up prizes.
-
The Madden Challenge
Just go to Best Buy, its like 30 bucks and they will get it for you. U just plug in your ethernet cable or telephone line and basically your all set. I never play Madden online though, too lazy...I just stick to my franchise. Its probalby better off I didn't play, I would of probably been ejected for swearing. I don't think I can play a game without swearing
-
The Madden Challenge
Damn bastards...I didn't find out about it till yesterday from a friend, so we went down there this morning. Got up at 6 and got there at 8, registration was at 9. We missed online registration and the online thing said you could register in person. Well we get there and were near the front of the line (Probably 75 people ahead of us). Then the employees tell us were in the wrong line. So we go to this other line...wait there till 9 and find out that there was no room for in person registration but even if there was we were now in the wrong line (The jackass told us all to go to the wrong line). One guy there was telling everyone that this was his 13th madden challenge. All I know is the thing looked real cool...but pissed me off that we weren't able to play so we watched a bit and then left. And there were a few Chargers there. The coolest part was when this 745 BMW showed up with what looked to be 22's although they may of been "only" 20's. Freaking thing was fully customized, dvd player, tv's throughout it...sick ass exhaust. It was freaking awesome. I hadn't heard of the player but a few people there knew who it was (Chargers aren't really an NFL Franchise), lol. I was surprised though, I expected more dorks there...but I did see a few guys bring their own controllers and crap...and some had this headsets. On the rules they made an announcement that you couldn't video tape other matches for scouting purposes (LMAO...thats having way too much time on your hands) *Shakes Fist at stupid employees* Next year were gonna know about this in advance and register. Damn it I want to win, lol.
-
Mariners offer Tejada
I'd like Tejada if the Sox could move Magglio and Konerko. Tejada will get the same amount as Konerko and less then Magglio and he plays one of the hardest positions in the majors to get production (I'd rate catcher as the toughest).
-
Goddbye Robbie Alomar
Trust me, the Sox won't spend it on payroll. The only way they spend it on payroll is if the Sox start drawing 2.5 mill plus and to do that they are gonna have to consistnetly win and go deep in the playoffs. Its possible with a small payroll, but you can't be paying a few guys upwards of 50 mill cause its a team game, not a "few guy" game.
-
Robbie- Arbriation?
No, the only way to receive draft pick compensation is if you offer them arbitration. In the cases of Everett and Alomar, they would likely accept it (cause they would get at the very worse a 20% pay cut) which would still make them incredibly overpaid.
-
For all you Konerko haters...
I agree, the problem is that is worth about 4-5 mill a year, not 8 mill a year. I said it when KW signed the deal and I'll say it now.