Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I like that move. It gives the Sox the exact type of player that could start if needed and could be a great mentor and willing to come off the bench at times to help Willie, who I believe will make it.
  2. Saw him play two games. The guy has some serious size and made an amazing play during one of the games. I think some would question his range and if you move him to 3rd you have to wonder cause he doesn't have a 3rd baseman's pop. He definately opened my eyes with the glove, but typically tall shortstops and this kid is HUGE, get moved for whatever reason. I'd say their is potential in morse. His swing is really funny looking but at times he looked good, and well at other times, UGGH. I say the same for Andy Gonzalez. Both are kind of enigmas with potential. Valido is kind of in the shoes Gonzalez was about two years ago, the question is whether Valido makes the jump better then Andy. The Sox have had some solid infield prospects that just bite the dust when they hit A ball. Pedro Lopez and Andy Gonzalez are the two recent ones I'm referring to. All I'm going to say is that the Sox are gonna have to find someone for another year or two at the very latest cause you can't count on anyone in the system for a while.
  3. He could of been had for 3 million, but since the Sox waited and waited working on Colon for part of the time I Think they left themselves very vulnerable and they since they didn't have something done with Jose, they had to go make the deal. In hindsight it was a dumb signing considering the money, but he is one of the best options out there. Its just too bad the Sox couldn't of been smart and worked this out beforehand so they wouldn't have to just rush and pick up his option.
  4. There are typically two GM meetings if I recall, first ones in November and then another set in December. But I may just have some weird thought in my head. I just know that Free Agency started today or at least I thought it did and that the GM Meetings kind of coincided with that. Typically the top Free agents and their agents attend these meetings and its an easy way for players to work out deals, but it does seem kind of soon. And if this stuff about the Sox being in deep crap when it comes to payroll are true, then why in pete sake would they take on someone like Roger Cedeno. PUKE. No chance they make that kind of deal.
  5. Damn...what a fine fine specimen. Who cares if all the work went into the body Gash, you've made my week
  6. Damn Straight...were all damn Sexy
  7. Bengals Steelers Giants Chiefs Colts Titans Buccaneers Bears Redskins Vikings Jets Cowboys Rams Packers
  8. Vikes Skins Bears Colts Rams
  9. Soxtalk.com teams up with Match.com
  10. Iowa needs a real QB to win these type of games. This is a heck of a year for the Hawkeyes considering the quality of this seasons team.
  11. I still can't figure out why Julius Jones hasn't been the main back all season. They are always giving Grant a lot of carries too, even though Jones has been excellent all season long.
  12. I'm sure the first person you'd ignore is yourself. Wow, how peaceful the boards would get
  13. ND just sucks and I wouldn't be shocked if Tyrone gest his ass canned if they lose this game. I know it wouldn't make sense financially, but ND would just go out and spend whatever it takes to get a TOP NOTCH Coach. Nothing but top notch. To not win a few games is horses***. I gave the schedule some of the reason, but Navy sucks, obviously ND is freaking horrible too.
  14. I love Iowa in close games because of their coaching, but these mistakes have to stop. It will be key how Iowa plays early in the second half. Any more shooting themselves in the foot and they may be done. They've struggled on the road this season in the Big Ten and its time for a big win, but I still can't get over Nathan Chandler cause the Hawkeyes have had some wide open guys when they utilize the play action pass.
  15. Damn Fighting Irish. On the brightside they had their season high for points in the 3rd quarter...a whopping 7. :fyou ND
  16. Hawkeyes have made a few early mistakes and find themselves down 10-0 but had a penalty take away a touchdown and then Kaeding missed his first field goal of the season. I got a feeling Iowa will get back into this game by the end of the first half and then it will be a heck of a game. Go Hawkeyes And Nate Chandler freaking blows, he just overthrough another guy wide open for a big touchdown pass. The first time there wasn't a guy within 10 yards of the player and he overthough Ochoa by like 5 yards, PATHETIC. Ferentz, Russel, Gallery, Mo Brown, Ochoa and that defense with Sanders and Co kicks ass
  17. Sounds cool...will try it out in the next week or two
  18. Cartwright will be canned in a weeks time.
  19. In the top of a particular topic you can hit track this post and that will subsribe you. I also think you can do that with boards. Their is also a subscriptions area in your user control areas. Its called something like Subscriptions or Subscription Settings. IS that what RSS is?
  20. Don't forget Everyday Eddie But your right the Twins will get weaker. Still, they are the champs. I'm sick of the Sox thinking they are the favorites every year. As far as I'm concerned the Twins have showed, earned and proven that they are the Division Champs and the team to beat in the division and until someone dethrones them, they should be. Everyone else should be working their way up to beat them. I do have a lot of confidence for next season cause this team doesn't have many holes.
  21. Long story that I can't really get into legally. But the Insiders and Us had a contract where basically we provided stories for them and in return got our stuff syndicated. Things happened and we got booted but can't run a website that competes with them. In our minds we never did anything wrong, who knows. Thats about as into it as I can get, cause I don't want to say anything that gets my ass in trouble
  22. Just remember Elo, David Ortiz and Walker were those type of guys last year, so I don't have a problem with the Sox going after a few vets that have played valuable roles with other teams as starters and such, but just don't seem to have a market.
  23. I'm a huge fan of that trade idea, been backing and suggesting it for a few weeks now. I should also say that if the Sox follow through with what I suggested will likely happen, then I think they would be in an excellent position to compete for the division and more. The key is strong pitching..both starting and relief.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.