Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
What an ending
Brady played great.
-
Centerfield Job For Next Season
I was meaning that it doesn't look like they are going to get one at short (unless they get Itchaga or whatever his name is). And lets just say I'm not a big fan of Roberto leading off. Could be Miles........ could be Soriano....... could be El Caballo ;-) I love Soriano, but would love it more if the Sox could stick him in the two hole. And don't joke around about Miles and Caballo leading off
-
Centerfield Job For Next Season
I was meaning that it doesn't look like they are going to get one at short (unless they get Itchaga or whatever his name is). And lets just say I'm not a big fan of Roberto leading off.
-
Bulls
As well they should BC is not a good coach , dam Curry plays no D, I thought BC would teach him something. What good, proven head coaches are out there. The offseason was the time to do it with Eddie Jordan, Silas and Van Gundy all out their. I don't even want to hear the name Pat Riley. One guy I like is one of the Lakers assistants and former player Kurt Rambis.
-
Guillen effect on FA's?
I got a feeling he will be brought back and the Sox will market it kind of like Pippen rejoining the Bulls. I hope to have him back...he'd be a very effective role player.
-
College Football Pick'em
*takes a few bows*
-
Bulls
That was just ugly. This offseason I wanted the Bulls to can Cart and hire Gundy. Cart is alright, but Van Gundy is one heck of a coach. I sure hope the Bulls can get their s*** together.
- Here's a Name
-
Centerfield Job For Next Season
I agree he did well, but If the Sox need a leadoff hitter then I don't see Rowand as the solution and Harris may end up being the better fit. Now I don't think the Sox will be very sucessful if they are depending on Willie as the leadoff hitter, mainly cause i think it means they went the cheap route and never added any pitching, etc. To me its too hard to say right now..once a few more moves are made, then it will be easier. I mean will the Sox move Maggs, will they be able to move Konerko and Koch...how much are they going to spend. Are they going to sign a few pitchers and jump out pretty quick the first 3 weeks or so.
-
Want to download safely?
New plan..we should get Kip to download all our music and somehow get it to us
-
YOUR fav simpson episode
The one where Mo becomes an actor...hmmm..so many good ones, too hard to name just one. The Shinning one is good too.
-
In Honor of Murcie
Yep that good old lineup poll
-
Here's a Name
Ok vince...since you reminded us how young we are...I'm not afraid to ask, whose Dybinski?
-
Fernando Vina
Get Both and find ways to move Konerko/Maggs in a package deal for them...if Borchard and another prospect are needed to make it happen, then so be it. Then the Sox can turn to finding a home for Koch and will have a ton of money to add pitching, pitching and more pitching as well as get a new middle infield and Carl Everett or a new right fielder.
-
Here's a Name
My bad...I thought it was just a rumor.
-
In Honor of Murcie
Or Maurice as begood likes calling him Murcie...you've meant a lot to Soxtalk.com When SoxNet and Soxtalk were much smaller, you got involved and instilled your unique spirit, that Murcie J'ness that led us to establish a board in your name to instill that exact attitude. That board contained classic threads like Ask Dr. Murcie and Beastly's weekly fantasy football question Anyway Mark...with you gone...the board just shouldn't be there so it will go into the archives until you make a re-emergence...whenever that may be. So all fantasy talk can move to the sports board. Mark...I wish ya all the best and thanks for all your help. Murcie...J....Jacobsen = SOXTALK SUPERPIMP
-
Here's a Name
At being the 3rd base coach. I got no idea what he's up to or if him and Ozzie got along when they were together but Lance was always solid on the paths and hustled. At least from what I could remember.
-
Sadly, Another Final Announcement
Bow down and worship
-
Centerfield Job For Next Season
I think the interesting job will be right field cause I got a feeling Soriano will be playing CF. I'm just gonna keep telling myself this at least
-
Fernando Vina
I think he's the type of guy the Sox will look into as a vet pickup around December/January. He will be around for a while but I do think he's a good alternative. He isn't gonna get much money, maybe a mill.
-
GREAT job on the banner
And for once I was speedy getting it up And yes...I picked up on the double meaning...I'm always speedy getting it up...never speedy getting it off...Thats right ladies
-
List of Free Agent Pitchers
For our Ace' Type Pitcher: Andy Pettite/Sidney Ponson For a 5th Andy Ashby Alvarez, Wilson Anderson, Brian Astacio, Pedro Batista, Miguel D'Amico, Jeff Helling, Rick Hentgen, Pat Jimenez, Jose *Keisler, Randy Lidle, Cory Reynolds, Shane
-
GREAT job on the banner
Ian...aka Show
-
Eldred and Kline
Kline would be fine if the Sox decide to dump Wunsch. Sox need to bring in two good relievers during the offseason and then a solid veteran, imo.
-
Flash
If they can deal Koch, then I'd like to see Hawkins and Sully back along with a veteran like Osuna or Chad Fox.