Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Classification of Sox Free Agents
Rex...in regards to Gordon why not offer it. He won't get a huge increase if he wins since he got paid a minimum amount last season. And with Colon you offer it for the same reason. Both players are going to turn it down and if they don't, I think the Sox have no problem bringing them back. They will not offer Roberto or Everett arbitration though caus they could only get a 20% pay cut which would still be well above their value. In the case of Sandy Alomar, I think he'd accept arb and I think the Sox would then negotiate a 1 yr deal worth 700 k or so with him.
-
Trib article on SOX
Good Lord, KW....if the Yanks are offering one of the most exciting 2Bmen in the league, who is still cheap AND young, how the hell do you not take that deal?!? I guess it makes too much sense for K-Dub, and he is confused. Its $14 mill off the books, management, thats all you need to know with this regime. Rumor, doesn't mean the deal is on the table. Your right though, I wouldn't turn down that deal simply because of the financial reasons. They both put up eerily similar numbesr while Soriano can steal more bases and has better upside and is also younger. This deal would be done in a heartbeat if I was the GM. KW goes on to say that right now he isn't fielding offers for Maggs...but I think he means he's not doing the shopping right now, he's letting other teams come to him. I like that they are negotiating with Sully cause I'd like to have him back along with another relief pitcher whether its Gordon, Hawkins or whoever.
-
Kobe to Bulls?
It would be absolutely amazing. My feelings are that Crawford and Curry would be untouchable. You'd love doing it without Chandler, but if any of them would go, I'd say Chandler simply because his back problems and then include Rose and whoever else it takes to get the deal done. Man wuold it be sweet having Kobe. Put Kobe, Crawford and Curry on the same court and look out. All of those guys are explosive and Kobe will provide damn good defense. Then you have a role player like Pippen/Gill at the forward slot as well as Erob on the bench and then insert Fizer/Marshall at PF or try to find yourself a more defensive oriented big man, maybe a Tyrone Hill who is out their via free agency. If somehow its done without Chandler, all I can say is wow. Rose, Heinrich, Fizer, whomever. Get Kobe in Chicago
-
surprise, surprise
What the heck did u just quote of mine
-
Jason..
I better back it up 10 times a day Seriously though...HTC is the greatest thread ever Speaking of which, do you keep track of records for most replies on a thread. I would think that thread would have to be close to a record. I think the previous record was 600 and something in a game thread. So ya Hot Chicks Thread is the largest thread ever. I'm 99.9% sure of that.
-
surprise, surprise
Guaranteed contracts are partially what screw baseball, but its also why players never hold out.
-
Jason..
I better back it up 10 times a day Seriously though...HTC is the greatest thread ever
-
Jason..
Now she's all set. I'm sure you know how to work everything Heather since you've had the options before.
-
Jason..
He wouldn't have those such powers....But YOU certainly would!!! I'm asking for you to just have a little compassion within you and give me that power! Pretty please??? Will do....I still can't figure out how you don't, I thought once listed as a mod you got that kind of stuff. Will do it right now Heather
-
Jason..
Weird...you don't have any mod options on the bottom left on the threads? I think you should blame Gash...its must be him He fears the Hot Chick Thread Going Bye Bye
-
Ring Question
19....we'll probably both be in grad school when we get married. I'd say thats the only thing that would at all have me worried, soley because at 20 I know I wouldn't be interested in a marriage unless i really found the right person and in that case I'd still want to wait a few years. Everyone is different though and if you two have already found eachother then I say Congrats Just take your time and don't put added pressure on eachother, I think something like that could be odd. Actually your relationship kind of reminds me of one my friend is in. He's 20 but his girlfriend is 25 (Gonna be a doctor in like 6 months) and they are in a long distance relationship but she is moving out here in like 20 days. Personally I don't think its a great relationship, mainly because its long distance and the age difference but they make eachother happy. To me the thing you have to overcome with a long distance relationship other then the long distance stuff, is being able to put up and like the person when your spending every day with them for a long period of time. I think thats the lasting test. But like I say, I hope she's the one...it sounds like the two of ya are good mathces from your posts.
-
Beastly's News
Hey Rex...was I right in my definition of major league free agents, is it five years or is it six. I knew this when I was a kid, but for some reason I cant' remember it right now. Also gotta question for you or anyone else, anyone know where I could get a copy of these kind of rules. As far as arb goes, I agree it can create a lot of bad blood. I just hope the Sox are offering arb to Colon and Gordon.
-
Jose Valentin not happy with the Sox
Killa, this years free agent crop at shortstop is incredibly deep. Edgar Renteria, Cabrerra, Aurilla, Guzman, Eckstein, Jose, Tejada, Matsui. Thats a ton out there. As far as Jose goes, they must of talked to him about a day ago cause he knew about the whole Colon situation and the offer getting pulled and that didn't happen till a day ago. While I think we both agree they won't spend huge bucks at the position, I think that if they are willing to spend 4.5 on Jose then they better be willing to spend something like that on someone like Cabrerra that would be a serious upgrade. What I want to know is why the heck is Jose alwasy going to the media and talking that crap. I think he says almost as many stupid comments as Frank does, but somehow people refuse to bash him for it. I have nothing against jose, but I wish this team in general would shut up when it comes to talking with the media. If they are going to talk about something, talk about themselves and what they are doing in the offseason or talk about the managerial position if you want to, but don't talk about your contract (let your agent do that if he wants to). Keep problems in house cause if you let the media get them, its just gonna blow them way out of proportion and cause more grief towards all. ONce you leave the organization say what you want, but I still say the best thing any player can do is keep their ill will to themselves because if they say something stupid, they could market themselves out of a potential signing one time or another later in their career. While one team may not mean something, when your older and maybe only have one or two teams interested in ya, it means a whole lot.
-
Jason..
Don't you have it? I'm thinking you can delete and pin posts and stuff?
-
surprise, surprise
One day their will be a soft cap. I believe it will happen the next time around in a few years. With the soft cap you will have a harder luxury tax that will punish teams that want to spend more, while still allowing them and then their will be some sort of minimum.
-
Classification of Sox Free Agents
I doubt he would be anything other then maybe a Type C. I bet he will be back, JR likes him a whole lot.
-
Beastly's News
6yr free agents are minor league free agents typically. Once you have six years under your belt you become a free agent. Same works for players in the majors, they aren't able to enter free agency until they play six years at the big league level. I always thought it was 5 but maybe I was wrong. First two years you aren't arbitration eligible, next 3 you are.
-
Jose Valentin not happy with the Sox
or the .290 or .300 OBP :puke
-
I think I should have gone to Kansas
I dunno cap, I got some pretty nice Boxers
-
Why you watch hockey
I can only watch it live, so I end up seeing it like once every two years. And your right, I know damn well that i watch it for fighting and huge checks Ducks got tickets for 10 bucks this year so I may check out a few games.
-
So much for Molitor coming w/ Cito or to the Yanks
I knew my hunch would end up being right It will be Gaston and Guillen...book it
-
Jose Valentin not happy with the Sox
I'm with JD..tell me more about Buehrle and Carlos' deal cause I could care less about Jose. Gimme Cabrerra at about 4 mill. I think the market is gonna be soft and Matsui and Tejada will suck up the shortstop money and the Sox will go for someone like Cabrerra or AUrilla and Cabrerra is the better of the two, imo, but I wouldn't mind either one.
-
NBA Live 2004
NHL 2004 is awesome. Played it over at my buddies this weekend. I'm not a big hockey fan, but I'm thinking about picking it up.
-
time test
You see that...it works Heads is awesome
-
Manny Ramirez
They are gonna be willing to do what the Sox should do with Konerko and Koch, just give it a shot. But first see if they can get any trade value. I won't be shocked if those two find themselves on waivers at one point. If they can somehow get someone to pick up their tabs