Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Free agency begins?
Free Agency doesn't start till December I Think or something like that. I know the teams have a while to negotiate soley with their players or at least I think they do.
-
Colon
If Bartolo doesn't sign with the Sox, then he will be in Anaheim, Mark my words on that
-
Colon
Remember, no one should blame KW for being stuck with Thomas. If only JR let KW run him out of town. I don't care what anyone says but the Sox are stuck now with huge contracts with two freaking DH's and that pisses me off.
-
Colon
That would be sweet, if they could move Konerko. There are quite a few guys I like on the Marlins of course I'm sure most of baseball does now, which will make it difficult.
-
Middle infield???
Eckstein is supposed to be moving to 2nd. I saw Kennedy interviewed a few days ago and he basically said he was gonna be leaving. Hinted at some goodbyes and such.
-
Grady Little Anyone?
I know Gaston wants to bring Molitor with him. Grady Little wouldn't be too bad either. He did a good job in Boston. Made a mistake in the end, but you can't necessarily blame him for sticking with his guy. McKeon would of took crap had Beckett given up runs, but instead he looks great. I look and see how the clubhouse was with Little and I know a lot of it has to do with the players, but Little had to be part of it.
-
SoCal Wildfire
Are you near the one in Ontario? Right now I'm pretty far from all of them but ashes are falling all over my car and stuff. Played football the last two days, although I probalby shouldn't of. Was drinking a lot of water cause your throat gets dry really fast.
-
Something I've noticed lately.
Here's my suggestion to all, think joke first. I don't think many people on here are trying to make personal attacks, usually stuff is done in jest. The people that were making personal attacks aren't here anymore. So Folks JUST RELAX
-
wtf is going on
s*** a good day goes down the drain. Bears freaking win and I get on the board for the first time all day and see the s*** hit the fan
-
Heard it through the Grapevine...
Boomer won't be back.
-
All I am waiting for is
Mario still has all access. He was never big on modding. As far as me I've been moding for the last couple weeks, since "The One" was brought back out.
-
Heard it through the Grapevine...
I don't think anyone believed this, trust me on that.
-
Heard it through the Grapevine...
Trust me that ain't gonna happen.
-
Middle infield???
Sounds good to me. What is your take on Centerfield. Personally, I have never thought much of Rowand. I would like to see Reed get another year under his belt, and Borchard doesn't appear to be ready. What do we do? I don't mind Rowand/Harris/Reed/Borchard but if the Sox are gonna go young at 2nd I would have no problem bringing back Kenny Lofton. He wouldn't cost much money and he has great speed and would be a great teacher for someone like Reed. Rowand has never proven anything when handed the starting job and the Sox can't have a ton of holes. At least you know whoever is in center will be able to go get em.
- magazines
-
Here's a Metrosexual question...
1 Pair of Vans 1 Pair of Old Vans 1 Pair of Baseball Spikes (Real Spikes, none of that plastic crap; great for breaking up DP's ) 1 Pair of Reebok Cross Trainers (Pretty old and beat up) 1 Pair of Football Cleats 1 Pair of dress shoes (Don't know the name) 1 Pair of dress low cut boots (Don't know the name) 1 Pair of Rainbow Flip Flops (Best Flip Flop Sandals EVER; Went to the factory down by my house to big this babies up. I think I wear these almost everyday. They have molded to my feet )
-
Today's weather
Foggy right now, which is ruining my plans of going to the beach :fyou
-
Which do you prefer?
Landing strip for me. No more though
-
Projected Destinations
I've noticed one thing, free swingers get dominated in the playoffs cause the pitchers have that extra level of concentration.
-
complete free agent list
I like that idea. Lightenberg would be a very good replacement to the role Sully played in the bullpen. Then if the Sox sign someone to replace Gordon, the pen is in good shape for next year. The Sox can then concentrate on getting Colon signed and finding a new middle infield combo. After that try to move who you need to (Konerko, Koch, maybe Maggs).
-
Middle infield???
Cabrerra has to be playing shortstop for the Sox. I do not even want to think about Jose Valentin as the Sox starting shortstop for another season. Horrible OBP, improved defense, losing speed. At 2nd I guess Roberto is fine if its cheap, but I don't mind giving Harris a shot or signing a cheap vet that stays on the market. Maybe sign Adam Kennedy for 3 mill or so. All the talk down here in SoCal is that the Angels plan on signing Matsui or Tejada and moving Eckstein to 2nd. I guess Kennedy is a free agnet or thats what I have been reading.
-
Good Morning Poll
About 10 and then I turn on football for about an hour. After that I go play football for a few hours.
-
A Final Announcment
Oh s***, Brando's back. Welcome back man. Lets just say the poster that called you voodoo ain't around anymore. Hows the acting going? I'm sure the Sox s***ty end of the season didn't help ya.
- Fav Song
-
happy birthday texsox!
Hope you have a great Bday Tex. Since I'm assuming you got into that frat, I bet you'll have a grand old party