Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Ebay Item of the day.
Well I am gonna pass looking close Tex, but by all means break out the magnifying glass and have a look for yourself
-
JOHN RAUCH
I wouldn't say Munoz struggled this year. He was bombed early in the year very badly. From then on he was very effective, and with his awesome curveball the little guy could be up with the big club as soon as next year. It's easy to see why he got hammered early. He had to of been just burnt out. I know he threw last year(obviously), and then I think he threw AFL( ) and he threw winter ball too I believe....that would burn ANYONE out. Exactly. After the first month of last season I think his ERA was in the low 3's. I don't have the splits off hand but I know Rex posted them a long time ago and it was too that extent. To do that at 21 in AAA, considering what a pitchers park Charlotte is, well to say the least its an impressive feat. As far as Rauch, this is his make it or break it year. If he doesn't come through this year, his only shot will be with another organization.
-
Article on Guillen....
I think the definate guy to hire is Ozzie Guillen. I hope the Sox brass feels the same way. I think he'd make a huge difference in the clubhouse and with this team. Great article, also the trib had a nice piece too with a little different quotes.
-
Happy Birthday
Happy 24th Hope you have a good one
- How tall are you??
-
Anyone dressing up for Halloween?
You sure they aren't brothers?
-
kobe pre-season debut
He isn't in the shape to play too long. Friend of mine is going to the game and she's all excited about getting to see Kobe. Of course I had to throw in some cheap shot remarks and then tell her how much the Lakers suck compared to the Bulls
-
Trent Hassell is cut
Defensively he is tough, his problem is that he provides zero offense. He can't shoot, can't drive, and doesn't pass well. The weird thing is that he could shoot and drive his rookie year. He made some great moves and could use both hands in the key. And he was the Bulls only real outside threat during his rookie year. I don't know what happened to him, but that rookie year he was my favorite Bull but last year I just saw myself swearing at the screen with a puzzled look when he missed shot after shot by 3 feet.
-
Trent Hassell is cut
Hassel will make it somewhere because of his great attitude and work ethic, but I've heard some great things about Johnson. The Bulls had a huge supply of 2/3 players and lacked in the low post. Its obvious that Mason Jr is the better of the two. The only thing I'd wonder is if they thought of just cutting EROB. I think we know Erob has the potential and he's also proved to be a solid defender when he's out there.
-
Video
Damn it, that guys site got shut down. Someone tell me when it gets back up.
-
New South Park
I saw your post and was gonna make a point to catch the episode and I freaking miss it. Gonna have to catch the rerun on Sunday This was the season premier right? And yes Southpark is right there with the Simpsons. I take classic Simpsons over South Park, but South Park is better then new Simpsons and Family Guys kicks all their asses
-
I'm out yo
Have a blast Killa Its gonna be hot as hell when your out there
-
Anyone dressing up for Halloween?
That would trip me out.
-
Anyone dressing up for Halloween?
I'm gonna dress up, but I don't know what I'm going to be. I've been thinking about going as Peter North
-
Should I grow
UGLIEST GOATEE EVER....thats all I can say about Koch's goatee.
-
JAS Maurice Heads Showtime
I don't think we can make polls with more then 10 choices or at least I don't know how to
-
Dave Campbell and Jayson Stark speculate
Ya, I thought he was gonna get hired one or two times but didn't want the job.
- Sports talk radio
-
Fuck You Heatwave!!
Even worse, the AC is busted at work. Was 86 degrees in the office for the 2nd day in a row :fyou
-
Best mid season nickname
Jurassic Carl
-
Jump off of the Castillo bandwagon
I would not pay Castillo huge bucks. I'd try to look around and see some cheaper playes that look like they could fit the bill. Don't know what peoples thoughts are on Lofton, but the guy at 34 still can play.
-
Singleton now a FA
I think this would be a solid alternative. I always was a fan of Chris when he was here and he's turned into a tough out. He doesn't have the greatest average, but he is fast, plays great defense and has a great attitude.
-
Andy Gonzalez
Saw him play one game (2nd game I was supposed see was rained out). He had very smooth hands and a decent swing. He seemed rather impatient during eveyr at bat but one. When he was patient he drove the ball for a double and looked pretty good. Don't write him off. He is incredibly young and hit in rookie ball. This was his first full season and the potential is still there. Valido did very similar things in rookie ball when compared with Andy. Valido is definately talented but Andy is also extremely talented.
-
stock market
My small ira is slowly making up what it lost when the economy went to the crapper. I really wanted to just unload it and take what I had, but it went to the crapper so bad I figured better wait till the economy pulls up. Hell, its up like 20% this quarter...still down like 25%, luckily it wasn't much
-
There appears to be an error with the Soxtalk data
Lol...hopefully the problem is fixed once and for all. Last week they did some work and they did the finishing touches on the server right now. They are confident that it will fix the mysql problem thats been occuring at times.