Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
BCS rankings out
Go Va!!!! I want to see Oklohoma/Vtech although it would be really cool if NIU won the national championship.
-
College Football Pick'em
I blow at college picks.
-
Billy Koch
I really don't think Billy Beane could possibly say he knew this was going to happen. I think he thought he was getting a stud prospect and a little better reliever while the Sox saw themselves getting a very good closer that they could keep long term that wanted to be a closer. I don't buy that Beane knew he would fall apart.
-
Daylight savings time?
Thats the obvious answer, if theres anything I learned about the Matrix, its that nothing is as it appears to be. I don't think I'll ever understand that movie.
-
Favorite TV Show
Whats Everyone's Favorite TV show thats still making new episodes? Simpsons/Family Guy/King of the Hill are my favorite all time shows, but the current Simpsons aren't the funniest. For a drama type show, I think the Shield, Sopranos and Nip Tuck kick butt. For comedy That 70's show is great. The new man show blows though. Kimmell/Corolla kicked ass.
-
Daylight savings time?
Haaa, so after watching it 15 times have you got the movie figured out yet or are you still completely lost like I am. I just know I gotta run by Best Buy this weekend and pick it up.
-
The New Joe Millionaire
Today was the debut. I watched the early parts of it, but thus far I can't get into it. I will say this, some of those Euro girls are hot. And just so this is an equal opportunity post, the girls here can say if they like that rodeo guy. Don't know if I'm gonna watch this one every week like I did the other one. Its kind of like Temptation Island, first time I followed it, after that it got old.
-
Daylight savings time?
You could be the profit The Profit? Hmmm Can he kick Neo's ass?? Or you could be the girl Thanks alot Whats her name from your sig would of made a much better sidekick to Keanu.
-
Post hot chicks pics in here
For some reason she scares me.
-
Post hot chicks pics in here
Bahaaaa, Even Stevens. If your gonna show her, ya better get some of Hillary Duff. And Amandy Bynes is pretty cute. One more year
-
DO NOT ENTER!
A post should count as double in this forum cause it means they are posting in the most important thread on the site
-
Daylight savings time?
You could be the profit The Profit? Hmmm Can he kick Neo's ass?? Or you could be the girl
-
2004 White Sox Quotes
DJ in Toronto was hillarious. I also think abo said it best by bringing up Maggs, "We Stink" quote. Also Frank Thomas' quote about swinging for the fences. But that goes as one of the dumbest things I heard.
-
Billy Koch
But look what Embree turned into after leaving the Sox. I still can't figure out how he gets guys out.
-
Daylight savings time?
You could be the profit
-
Billy Koch
When I saw him pitch I always saw him 94ish. I never saw the 97, 98 that was consistently thrown. He did go into the low 90's too, but it was the lack of movement that got him.
-
KW Plan
I can't figure out the fascination with Alomar. Jimenez had superior stats in every offensive category from what I can figure out. I dno't care how stupid he was on the basepaths, he is a better player then Alomar at this stage of the game. I don't want Robbie back. It would be the same as bringing Jose back. Your paying for guys that are over the hill and their best days are well past them. Jose and Alomar should be gone. The Sox will have a new cf, ss, and 2nd baseman next year. That would make me happy at least. Rowand, Reed, Borchard all count as new CF for me. The key is 2nd and ss, I am not concerned with cf. I want an influx of speed up the middle.
-
KW Plan
Frank will at least test the free agent waters, but don't expect him to go elsewhere unless he really feels unwanted and gets a very similar offer elsewhere.
-
Daylight savings time?
You have to be "The One". I'm making my return as a moderator as "the one". Mark and Alex are the bosses, like Morpheus and the general. I'm the one with all the amazing abilities
-
A question for you people
Anger Management. You know your movies. Very good, Son. It's an alright movie. Sandler is much funnier in some of his earlier movies. And he shows he's not just a one dimensional actor in Punch Drunk Love. It was more of a movie then Sandlers earlier works, but I love Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore. And for those that have his cd's, the Goat is an all time classic. Ahhh, it f***ed me in the goat ass; s***, you f***ing whizzed that thing. We got a regular Staubach over there.
-
THE official whats your favorite ID name on this s
Did u watch that movie? I saw it on HBO a few weeks ago, nothing like Beverly Hills Cop which owns
-
Billy Koch
It would be funny, but whatever gets the job done. Koch still has a 94-95 MPH heater and a solid slider. If he can get a good change, which is a very teachable pitch, then I definately think he could regain his sucess and in all honesty get even better.
-
MLB Contract
A few more years if I recall. This was the first year of the new agreement. I think the next one will be when the major changes occur, ie a stricter luxury tax and a minimum cap.
-
Important Notice
If the Off Topic board was the cause of most of the problems, why not just kill that board? This board is about baseball first and foremost. If people want to talk about other crap they can do it elsewhere. Could that not solve most of the problems? I know keeping a baseball message board about baseball may be a novel idea, but it seems like it would work to me. I think the baseball board has always stayed clean and the few problems over there have never crossed. I also don't ever really see a prob with the off topic board other then this one thing. I don't think it will ever come down to that. Question for ya though, what do you think of Backman if he really made those comments?
-
Gammons predicts
I really doubt Cito would go for the Chairman's guy, the heir apparent, coaching 3rd base. I really doubt Ozzie will be coaching 3rd for the Sox no matter who they bring in. Unlike Chisoxfn, I wouldn't mind seeing Buddy Bell make out the line up. He is a no s*** guy. It would be nice to see players held accountable for their laziness, and mistakes. My first choice would be Backman, but with that story that came out last week, even if it isn't true, he'd never live that down, so its best the Sox and Wally part ways. I think the big thing I dislike about Buddy is he's a retread manager thats never won anything. I know he never had talent, but I see some guys, like Garner who just went around a few times and seemed to always land a gig and never suceed. I'd prefer a new face like Yount/Guillen to Bell. I don't mind Gaston cause he's got the rings and that in itself commands respect.